Cal Roberts

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I suspect he's been identified as good cover for a couple of attacking positions and a potentially useful impact player who the manager may suspect will offer more in that regard than McLennan or Watkins. 

Anything else will be a bonus. 

Straight forward.

Mental the amount of explanation a basic theory like this requires.

Time will tell whether he can cut it at this level... but the encouraging thing is that we are at least signing players either at the peak of their career, or who are on the up.... too often in previous seasons we've signed guys who are over the hill, or have been languishing in the reserves somewhere having hardly played for the last year or two. The fact we're signing players who are going to be missed by their previous club's fans is a positive. 

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

A percentage are just moronic basing judgement on a player they've never seen before.

'He's shite'.

It's based on fuck all. Same cunts that said Bojan would be class. Amusing as fuck given they've probably never watched 2 full games of said players in question.

I'll judge both players based on what I see for the Dons.

Think we should try a different approach to the one that has failed us as fans over the years. Maybe... actually, support the players before and during when they kick a ball. Seen cunts on here slating Scales after 1 game, now same cunts believe he's best thing since sliced bread.

Embarrassing bunch.

Hope that explains it.

This cheel needs to learn the ways of this forum.

Easily.summed up with one word to describe the members and , the posts,  

Arseholity 

6 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

If he’s way too good for non league then it’s a top end league 1 team coming in for him and that’s roughly who we are competing with. 

If he is excelling at that level then there’s potential he could be a cracking player. It’s not like he’s at matty kennedy stats in that division 

That was Kennedy v1, v2 is bloody brilliant. 

2 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

for me, Roberts and Coulson are the level of signings I'd be expecting a Dundee or Motherwell to make, doubt they're going to come in and be any better than what we have. I reckon Matty Kennedy would score 16 in the 5th division in England for example.

Just an all round odd post as Dundee and Motherwell are in different leagues.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

for me, Roberts and Coulson are the level of signings I'd be expecting a Dundee or Motherwell to make, doubt they're going to come in and be any better than what we have. I reckon Matty Kennedy would score 16 in the 5th division in England for example.

Interesting, as it could quite easily be argued that Motherwell have had way more success with signings than us in the last 3 seasons.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, minijc said:

Interesting, as it could quite easily be argued that Motherwell have had way more success with signings than us in the last 3 seasons.

And many of the successful signings we have made in the past were originally identified and sourced by other Scottish Premier teams from fairly low level clubs

• Upvote 3

When other teams in our league source players who turn out to be decent we bemoan our scouting system for not identifying them for us.

Then when we recruit players from more obscure sources they say that these are players that smaller clubs should be in for, not us.

We've got a fucked up fanbase that is full of contradictions.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

When other teams in our league source players who turn out to be decent we bemoan our scouting system for not identifying them for us.

Then when we recruit players from more obscure sources they say that these are players that smaller clubs should be in for, not us.

We've got a fucked up fanbase that is full of contradictions.

Some of our fanbase seem to think we should have only been looking at managers who have won trophies, the same oddballs that also think we should be signing players who are banging in 20 goals a season at in the English Premier League, have a ton of international caps and willing to come to Aberdeen on £4k a week.  Oh and it needs to be someone they've watched on telly, or they are "likely shite" 

Few seem to realise the level in which we are operating in world football these days. Even Rangers and Celtic struggle to sign anyone from down south who isn't either past it or someone who's "got potential". 

• Upvote 1

Notts fan in peace. 

You’ve got yourself a cracking player in Cal Roberts, he’s absolutely lethal on the right playing as an inverted winger. Don’t let the non league tag fool you, he’s a league 1 standard player. Hope he does well for you. 

P.S how is Richardson getting on? He certainly didn’t set the league alight last season (most of our fans were very surprised he got TOTS). Has bags of pace but unfortunately is very raw and has no end product, him missing 2 pretty much open goals in the space of 5 minutes against Stockport being the absolute highlight. 

• Upvote 4
52 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Notts fan in peace. 

You’ve got yourself a cracking player in Cal Roberts, he’s absolutely lethal on the right playing as an inverted winger. Don’t let the non league tag fool you, he’s a league 1 standard player. Hope he does well for you. 

P.S how is Richardson getting on? He certainly didn’t set the league alight last season (most of our fans were very surprised he got TOTS). Has bags of pace but unfortunately is very raw and has no end product, him missing 2 pretty much open goals in the space of 5 minutes against Stockport being the absolute highlight. 

Jayden Richardson is our weak link defensively just now, albeit he's decent going forward but that's not his main job however.

He looks nervy when he should be at least be making the attackers know he is actually there as he has got physicality. Too many times thus far though he has been getting out done too easily and the likes of Anthony Stewart and Matthew Kennedy are bailing him out.

Still early days I suppose. However, if he defends like the way he has against the boy Jota on Sunday, it could be a needlessly challenging afternoon as the victims are certainly there for the taking.

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Jayden Richardson is our weak link defensively just now, albeit he's decent going forward but that's not his main job however.

He looks nervy when he should be at least be making the attackers know he is actually there as he has got physicality. Too many times thus far though he has been getting out done too easily and the likes of Anthony Stewart and Matthew Kennedy are bailing him out.

Still early days I suppose. However, if he defends like the way he has against the boy Jota on Sunday, it could be a needlessly challenging afternoon as the victims are certainly there for the taking.

Seriously, what specifically makes you think celtic are "there for the taking " at celtic Park on Sunday?

I like Jayden Richardson,bombs down that right wing all day long.Often passed inside when a more confident player would maybe have a shot.Set up perfectly good goal for Ross McCrorie at Peterhead, strangely disallowed.Not tested very much so far as a defensive tackling right back,one or two  times tested v Raith Rovers Temperamental moment when team 3-0 up and cruising to victory.Hope he does well.

17 hours ago, Millertime said:

No, tell us

You said "celtic are there for the taking "

Justify it or apologise 

What you going to do if I don't justify my opinion or apologise? Batter me??

The celtic team of last season, which forms the nucleus of their current squad, was one of the worst championship winning sides there has been in our lifetime.

We were fucking murder last season but still only lost out by the odd goal in our 3 matches played. A combo of luck (e.g. the Johnny Hayes ricochet that turned out to be the winner at Parkhead) and dubious refereeing contributed to the differences. 

I was not impressed at all with them against Norwich at the weekend, so this further substantiates my opinion.