Hayden Coulson signs

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

@graham 

towler?

Yes ,Evan Towler is at Cove Rangers, captain of  Aberdeen under 18s at 16 in a very young Youth Cup team at centre half.Played left back at Elgin City.So he is quite similar to Andy Considine that he can play left back/centre half.Once even played for Cove Boys Club before coming in to the Dons Youth Academy,Cove,Portlethen boy .  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, graham said:

Yes ,Evan Towler is at Cove Rangers, captain of  Aberdeen under 18s at 16 in a very young Youth Cup team at centre half.Played left back at Elgin City.So he is quite similar to Andy Considine that he can play left back/centre half.Once even played for Cove Boys Club before coming in to the Dons Youth Academy,Cove,Portlethen boy .  

Thanks graham?

6 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Out of contract come the end of the season and if he keeps up the displays like he did yesterday be more than happy to sign him permanently 

We should wait until our new players get a run of games under their belts before we proclaim them to be shite or brilliant. 

We'll get a better indicator over a larger sample size of games. 

On 7/28/2022 at 7:27 PM, graham said:

is he a big loon ?

18 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Looked good today. Think he will be an important player. 

I agree I thought he was a plus point and I said last week i wasn't convinced about his signing as think he is more of a wingback than a full back but fair play to him I thought he did a very decent job yesterday. Will be delighted if he makes me eat my words and continues to do well in the weeks ahead.

Would have to say I am now more concerned about the other full back role.

I think JG really has a lot of work to do with Jayden. I did expect that to be the case and knew he would be a bit raw but I hoped he might show a little more defensive instincts than he has so far.

At at the moment he looks like someone who is never played at full back before. Felt he was in no mans land at lot yesterday in that he wasn't getting close enough to whoever was wide and trying to stop the crosses come in, but he was also not close to the Centre back. He is going to need a lot of intensive work done on the training ground to work on his positioning to help him make use of the strengths/raw materials he has.  

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I agree I thought he was a plus point and I said last week i wasn't convinced about his signing as think he is more of a wingback than a full back but fair play to him I thought he did a very decent job yesterday. Will be delighted if he makes me eat my words and continues to do well in the weeks ahead.

Would have to say I am now more concerned about the other full back role.

I think JG really has a lot of work to do with Jayden. I did expect that to be the case and knew he would be a bit raw but I hoped he might show a little more defensive instincts than he has so far.

At at the moment he looks like someone who is never played at full back before. Felt he was in no mans land at lot yesterday in that he wasn't getting close enough to whoever was wide and trying to stop the crosses come in, but he was also not close to the Centre back. He is going to need a lot of intensive work done on the training ground to work on his positioning to help him make use of the strengths/raw materials he has.  

He (Richardson) was up against probably one of the best players in the league in Jota for the most part. Especially first half. I was a lil too quick to criticise him before seeing Jota make Coulson look just as poor a few times in second half when he switched to that side for a spell.

Jota will make a lot of FB’s look shite in this league