Shayden Morris

• 2 weeks later...

The guy is only 19 or 20, and he's got the raw ingredients to be a decent attacking player - hopefully he'll develop over the next season or two. He's probably a useful option to have on the bench but not starting material at the moment. Definitely better than Austin Samuels though!

For me, leaving aside the 2 strikers Miovski and Duk, the other attacking players order is...

Hayes > Besoujin > Duncan > Kennedy > Watkins > Morris > McLennan

Not sure about Roberts as he's played about 2 minutes... and that's based on my preference of who I'd like to see starting - so currently Hayes, Besoujin and Duncan as the 3 behind Miovski. If you were to add Duk into that mix I'd probably put him either just ahead or just behind Duncan, but I reckon he's probably better up front than in a supporting role. I'm not a Kennedy fan really, but I think he's done okay this season, and although I did like Watkins when he first arrived I'm less and less convinced by him. Think he might be off before the window's over anyway.

27 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

The guy is only 19 or 20, and he's got the raw ingredients to be a decent attacking player - hopefully he'll develop over the next season or two. He's probably a useful option to have on the bench but not starting material at the moment. Definitely better than Austin Samuels though!

For me, leaving aside the 2 strikers Miovski and Duk, the other attacking players order is...

Hayes > Besoujin > Duncan > Kennedy > Watkins > Morris > McLennan

Not sure about Roberts as he's played about 2 minutes... and that's based on my preference of who I'd like to see starting - so currently Hayes, Besoujin and Duncan as the 3 behind Miovski. If you were to add Duk into that mix I'd probably put him either just ahead or just behind Duncan, but I reckon he's probably better up front than in a supporting role. I'm not a Kennedy fan really, but I think he's done okay this season, and although I did like Watkins when he first arrived I'm less and less convinced by him. Think he might be off before the window's over anyway.

We said the same thing about mclennan when he burst onto the scene (myself included)

He had the raw materials too, ie pace, but absolutely hee haw else

16 minutes ago, Millertime said:

We said the same thing about mclennan when he burst onto the scene (myself included)

A great many of us did.  Sadly for him he has just not really kicked on and developed.  In retrospect a mistake has probably been made there where he could've been loaned out to bottom 6 Premier League sides like what we did with other "raw talent" players like Scott Wright & Chris Maguire.

Morris has time on his side as a young player. He has pace and raw ability and will just need to take time to properly bed into the squad. He's been given this chance to impress and hasn't taken it; not the first and won't be the last.  From here on I imagine Goodwin will view him as the kind of player to get minutes late in matches against bottom 6 opposition whose legs are tiring; he can go and make his mistakes and learn from them and be challenged to break into the squad for next season.  The coaching setup that Goodwin has put in place combined with the fee supposedly paid for the boy, means that it will be 100% on him if he doesn't succeed.

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Yeah, some have the raw ingredients and make it, some have the raw ingredients and don't - we'll find out in due course with this lad, and the likes of Richardson too. Partly down to the coaching and how the manager uses them, and partly down to their own attitude and willingness and ability to learn and improve.

3 hours ago, Bomber said:

I think Ryan Duncan last night showed way more potential than Morris did and would like to see him start against county, he lit the game up when he came on direct and dangerous every time he got the ball.

I agree I’d put him ahead of Morris, but I don’t think he’ll start in Dingwall.

I think Goodwin will go 4-3-3 & the front 3 will be Besuijen, Miovski & Hayes. 

• 2 months later...