Shayden Morris

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Not a cat's chance in hell we are recouping our fee 

Best hope is he does well at a loan club, probably EFL2/National League level and if we are lucky we get around £50k for him. Ultimately just getting his wage off the books would probably be a good bit of business though

Stranger things have happened. We got fees for Christine Clark & Foster.

Morris is very ‘athletic’ compared 

• Dildo 1
16 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

We got 100k for stockley who was 4th choice striker at the time

And who was sold for £750k less than 18 months later having banged in over 40 goals.

Played plenty for Preston in the Championship although goals total dropped off but now with Charlton and has a decent record there too.

Morris will be doing well if he manages a career anything like Stockley. I wish him no ill will but just can't see it happening.

• 3 weeks later...

The comedy defending aside, what really annoyed me last night was Morris attempting a cross late in the game with no Aberdeen player near the penalty box. Any player with half a brain would have held the ball in the corner and won the team a throw in/corner. That would have used up a couple of minutes and possibly won us the game. That we paid a fee for a player who can’t do that is criminal. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, old sheep said:

The comedy defending aside, what really annoyed me last night was Morris attempting a cross late in the game with no Aberdeen player near the penalty box. Any player with half a brain would have held the ball in the corner and won the team a throw in/corner. That would have used up a couple of minutes and possibly won us the game. That we paid a fee for a player who can’t do that is criminal. 

I actually shouted at the tv when he did that. Absolutely no game awareness.

He is hopeless. Can't believe we paid a fee for him and he's getting game time ahead of Vinny and Duncan.

• Upvote 6
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 2:52 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

That’s a very modern ‘well done for competing, it’s the taking part’ attitude.

If a player is shite he’s shite. Be as sympathetic as you like but in this instance it should be spelled simplypathetic 

There is no polishing this turd. Sooner we accept he is one of the failed signings from last window the better. They cannot all be good

I agree with this. 

A player needs more than a bit of skill to reach his potential, he needs to have a 'fuck you' attitude in his personality. 

There's always going to be setbacks and criticisms, and the kind of people who are too mentally fragile to handle criticism are the kind of people who lose 6-0 to Hibs and go out of cup competitions to pub sides. 

If you can't handle the pressure, there are clubs available to you in the lower leagues where there's no pressure, but unfortunately you're no use to a club like Aberdeen. 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I agree with this. 

A player needs more than a bit of skill to reach his potential, he needs to have a 'fuck you' attitude in his personality. 

There's always going to be setbacks and criticisms, and the kind of people who are too mentally fragile to handle criticism are the kind of people who lose 6-0 to Hibs and go out of cup competitions to pub sides. 

If you can't handle the pressure, there are clubs available to you in the lower leagues where there's no pressure, but unfortunately you're no use to a club like Aberdeen. 

Hardly one to be lecturing about mental fragility are you 

• Dildo 1

As much as i hate footballers who sit and do fuck all, from their point of view and i suppose i have to agree they have been offered decent money and a long contract so why not just sit tight and pick up a wage. Lets face it most of us would do the same , its the morons at the club who have offered him a decent wage and crazy length of deal that should be asked questions of 

I don't know. I can see why some players would do that, but others are desperate to play regardless and will drop divisions to do so later in their career. Guess it depends on the individual. Some openly seen it as any other job, others have a genuine love of playing. 

I do fear we have too many of the former