Shayden Morris

57 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

He'd be better off going on loan somewhere to get game time to finish off his cycling proficiency badges.... It's all very well him being fast but if he's got no finish he's nowhere near good enough to be playing for us. He's nearly 22. We binned off much more developed talent (more's the pity) before that age in the past so heaven only knows what they see in this guy that makes them think he's got a successful future at the club.

Who are some examples of those who had much more developed talent, but were binned off by us before age 21?

3 hours ago, konkas08 said:

Was very decent yesterday, wondering what peoples thoughts are on him so far? 

he’s not the finished article yet and needs improvement on final balls etc but he looked lively.

Robson clearly rates him (or doesn’t trust his other wing backs)

I said yesterday he surprised me, and he did. He wasn't as shit as I expected him to be. Robson likes him, said so in his post match interview. Said there's something there he thinks he can improve and develop in him and Polvara.

However, for me, the sooner we get central defensive reinforcements we can get Devlin or Dadia out in the RWB role and Morris can work on attacking, control and final ball.

18 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

You do this 'type of comment' a lot

Whilst I absolutely agree with a fair bit of what you say, including the above, in isolation, however, a dog with a bone does spring to mind 

Fit the fuck are you on about?  I can't recall making a comment like that recently, it wasn't a dig at anyone, he was knackered and probably should have been subbed, we lack options so he wasn't

A massive step in the right direction, he was direct, brave and largely had the beating of Taylor going forward.

If he can improve his crossing and as a young lad it will improve (48% pass completion rate over the two games which is poor), we could have a very good player on our hands. He was exciting to watch in possession, and we need a couple of crowd pleasers in this team.

Looking at where his crosses ended up, sometimes it's the little nuances of the game that are to blame rather than the actual quality of the cross.  For me, he possibly on occasion needs to cross a bit earlier for forwards to run on to, because I think alot of his crosses came from within 10 yards of the byeline by which time the box is crowded and the shape of the cross is a bit more square; eg he beats his man and takes another touch to properly get by him before crossing. If he can get that positive touch away from the defender and then "first time" whip it in with a bit more shape on it, a bit more diagonal, then we could see some magic.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, minijc said:

He had run himself into the ground and probably shouldn't have been on the pitch at that point.

Yeah he generally had a pretty good game, as did Polvara, but both should have been replaced about 60 mins in as it was obvious they were both knackered. Dadia and Barron could have replaced them and given us some fresh energy. 

46 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Looking at where his crosses ended up, sometimes it's the little nuances of the game that are to blame rather than the actual quality of the cross.  For me, he possibly on occasion needs to cross a bit earlier for forwards to run on to, because I think alot of his crosses came from within 10 yards of the byeline by which time the box is crowded and the shape of the cross is a bit more square; eg he beats his man and takes another touch to properly get by him before crossing. If he can get that positive touch away from the defender and then "first time" whip it in with a bit more shape on it, a bit more diagonal, then we could see some magic.

Robson has previously made reference to hitting teams early and getting the ball moving forward quickly before they're set. So this point ties in perfectly with something Robson should be able to identify as an issuse. Hopefully they can work on that and we get to see an improved end product from him.

49 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

A massive step in the right direction, he was direct, brave and largely had the beating of Taylor going forward.

If he can improve his crossing and as a young lad it will improve (48% pass completion rate over the two games which is poor), we could have a very good player on our hands. He was exciting to watch in possession, and we need a couple of crowd pleasers in this team.

I think the reason he failed to beat the first man was he felt he needed to look up and take a touch, giving time for the defender to get back or across to block. A few more earlier balls just stuck into the right areas without worrying about who might be there might work out for him. 

Other than that, he skinned his man several times, had a couple of great dribbles as well as pace.

Defensively, not as good. Caught him ball watching a few times as he was right in front of me,  and allowed players a free run into the box on a few occasions. 

4 hours ago, minijc said:

Fit the fuck are you on about?  I can't recall making a comment like that recently, it wasn't a dig at anyone, he was knackered and probably should have been subbed, we lack options so he wasn't

That's a standard reply, too, when you're pulled up

You often have veiled digs, the one I referenced is one of those as far as I'm concerned 

Like I said previously, though, I agree with you more than you probably think 👍

4 hours ago, minijc said:

This is correct. We had fuck all options so he played longer than he should have as he put in a hell of a shift. 

Once we offload the ones that don’t want to be here and get the 3/4 in that Robson has mentioned then it’s a whole different story. Morris has serious pace and with some more coaching he would be perfect to bring on near the end of a game when we need an out ball.

5 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Just aim away from the first man or put some height on it

42 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

I saw balls into the box that looked dangerous but nobody got on the end of them.

I also saw him winning corners, but unlike Celtic we didn't make anything out of our corners either.

I agree with you that he looked better

But I dont know If it was purely because he has been SO poor up until now, or if he was genuinely decent

43 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I agree with you that he looked better

But I dont know If it was purely because he has been SO poor up until now, or if he was genuinely decent

I think it’s similar with Polvara. They are now operating at a higher level than before but this in itself is no achievement. People think they can keep on improving. Hopefully they are right as neither is good enough imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...