Shayden Morris

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

And still picked ahead of Vinnie for the european squad?

Thats some shout

Depressing on so many levels. 

Morris is nowhere near good enough for us let alone when he’s going to miss the majority of the action and then will be unfit at best for 1-2 games.

We have no one capable of taking his place in the squad.

We are absolutely wedded to 352 given one of the only wingers at the club hasn’t taken his place. 

Let’s enjoy the piss ups abroad as this is looking like a tough watch this season.

On 9/8/2023 at 5:01 AM, Millertime said:

Exactly

Mclennan was and is a better player than Morris

The sheer lack of goals/assists in Morris career to date is downright weird

Even by the law of averages, playing in the positions he does he should have more

We were warned. The Fleetwood expert that one of the podcasts had on as a guest very politely laid it out that Morris can run like fuck bit couldn’t cross a road. If I remember rightly he was also shocked that we were in for him as he wasn’t the standout in their team. 

If this aging cynical Dons fan has gleaned anything from a lifetime of footballing frustration, it’s that when we have a player that prompts the “there’s a player in there” observation, there is almost never a player in there. He can’t cross. He’s not the answer. 

also Vinny must have shagged Mrs Robson. 

• Upvote 4

Shayden Morris is one of the worst footballers I've seen at Aberdeen. Quick clearly but utterly hopeless at football.

Doesn't know how to defend, not even basic principles. Simple passes appear difficult, can't cross a ball at all and his speed of thought is incredibly slow. Not a great recipe for a wing back.

I'd bet he doesn't feature again this season. He'll be long forgotten once Robson is relieved of his duties.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

Completely agree. He is looking like a real player. And McGarry on the left is starting to look the part as well. I thought in the first half especially Shayden was our most composed player. 

I think this view is a reaction to how poor he was before his injury. If last night had been the first time we'd seen him we'd have a lot of doubts (positionally, defensively, doing anything with the ball other than running at pace). 

But he's definitely way better than he was before, so maybe he can continue to improve.