Leighton Clarkson

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

There was an occasion I recall I thnk the late 90s early 2000s when sky offered around 40 million for I think a 4 or 5 yr broadcasting deal, the SPL rejected that calling it derisory and eventually were forced into accepting a deal from the BBC for around 15 million over the same period.

There's no doubt the completely amateur people running the game at the SFA and SPFL have also had a huge negative impact.

But then who needs professionalism when the only objective is to run a competition for the same 2 teams to fight out an "exciting" title race every year?

13 minutes ago, Helmet said:

There's no doubt the completely amateur people running the game at the SFA and SPFL have also had a huge negative impact.

But then who needs professionalism when the only objective is to run a competition for the same 2 teams to fight out an "exciting" title race every year?

There was some prick on the radio waffling on about how the way celtic play is a great advert for Scottish football. 

It isn't, looking fancy whilst steamrollering teams with a fraction of your budget is not a good advert for anything and would if anything be false advertising for the rest of the league. 

Complete shambles

50 minutes ago, Helmet said:

And a fiercely protected objective at that.  

Probably already discussed but what’s everyone’s thoughts on that pic after match of that cunt Beale with his arm round Clarkson whispering sweet nothings in his ear? 

Hopefully Liverpool ask way too much for him & they favour another loan to us, if not maybe send us back Ramsay for a wee loan 🤞

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Probably already discussed but what’s everyone’s thoughts on that pic after match of that cunt Beale with his arm round Clarkson whispering sweet nothings in his ear? 

Hopefully Liverpool ask way too much for him & they favour another loan to us, if not maybe send us back Ramsay for a wee loan 🤞

Next season would be Clarkson's final year of his Liverpool contract. Presumably if they don't offer an extension fairly early on in the close season, their preference would be to sell whilst they can still get a reasonable fee in for him. Would only see him getting loaned out again if he gets that contract extension.

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Next season would be Clarkson's final year of his Liverpool contract. Presumably if they don't offer an extension fairly early on in the close season, their preference would be to sell whilst they can still get a reasonable fee in for him. Would only see him getting loaned out again if he gets that contract extension.

So fairly good chance he could sign for one of the arse cheeks then.

Shame that because in a far more attacking able team he will be Fkn standout a lot more than with us

7 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Reminded me of Brendan Rodgers doing the same with Jonny Hayes after the “Rogic injury time” Cup Final 

30 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Beales obviously at it. Rubber faced spiv he is. I can sadly 💯 see the filth moving for Clarkson. He’ll be relatively cheap and those flag shagging troglodytes will have money to burn when they sell the Melted Goblin and Ken…..oh hang on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Played lad.

I think he's proven under Robson that he's gonna be a right good footballer. 

Would still hope that Clarkson, his agent and family might realise that another season (or half) at Aberdeen is the way to go considering he's 21 and has never been a first teamer before and taking on the risk of being a sub/reserve next season is a dangerous game.

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Played lad.

Would still hope that Clarkson, his agent and family might realise that another season (or half) at Aberdeen is the way to go considering he's 21 and has never been a first teamer before and taking on the risk of being a sub/reserve next season is a dangerous game.

Maybe Barry can get in his ear (which shouldn't be too difficult) and reminisce about champions league nights and scoring against Barca and let him know he's the man to shape his career

3 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Had a good game considering he was being instructed to punt the ball long at every opportunity rather then take it down and use his ability to try and play

Yip, he's on a different wavelength to most in Scottish football. In a better team he'd look even better

35 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Played lad.

Agree he is a proper footballer and his passing and picking out players is so precise plus he is a goalscorer.

I doubt he would ever make the first team at Liverpool 

If he stayed on loan with us for one more season that would be fantastic result for us

I hope both clubs can come to deal.

It would a waste to see him not getting first team football and just returning to the reserves at Liverpool

Think we can forget Clarkson coming back next season. We couldn't afford the transfer fee. And u less Liverpool agreed to the same sort of deal that Benfica have with Duk then it would swallow up so much of our budget. If we didn't have almost a full squad to sign I think we'd all be happy to blow a significant part of our budget on him. I don't think Liverpool will loan him out either. He'll get pre-season in and around their first team then he'll either get sold or loaned out again. 

It's the last year of his contract coming up. Liverpool will try to sell him, he's nowhere near good enough for their first team. A mid-ranking Championship side will sign him for a transfer fee that we couldn't get close to matching and put him on a wage that we couldn't get close to matching either. 

Just hope we get a decent performance out of him on his farewell Pittodrie appearance on Wednesday evening.