Leighton Clarkson

3 hours ago, Roger Ramjet 62 said:

Good point but he's easily good enough for them so I wouldn't be so sure about them not being interested. 

I'm not convinced he is good enough for where the huns would like to be. He's possibly too slight to make it in England and same would apply for the huns.

Robson has done well moving him to be an old number 4 (modern no6) so that the majority of the game is in front of him.

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'm not convinced he is good enough for where the huns would like to be. He's possibly too slight to make it in England and same would apply for the huns.

Robson has done well moving him to be an old number 4 (modern no6) so that the majority of the game is in front of him.

Agree I’m not to fear the hun if they’re still signing guys like Wright, Cantwell, even Clarkson.

Still gutted if they did, mind.

10 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I’m utterly convinced you’ve never watched a football match in your life. Totally clueless.

Harsh. 

If Leighton Clarkson plays for England i'll eat the wank sock. He's no where near on a Maddison level.

I just dont rate him as highly as some. I really dont think he'll pull a Maddison. Lets wait and see.

He is clearly brilliant for our level.

The Huns current recruitment model will end with Beale getting the sack before Christmas is my prediction

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Harsh. 

If Leighton Clarkson plays for England i'll eat the wank sock. He's no where near on a Maddison level.

I just dont rate him as highly as some. I really dont think he'll pull a Maddison. Lets wait and see.

The Huns current recruitment model will end with Beale getting the sack before Christmas is my prediction

Clarkson has shown a lot more here than Maddison did, he may not reach that level but he won't be far off it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
Just now, minijc said:

Clarkson has shown a lot more here than Maddison did, he may not reach that level but he won't be far off it.

I'll be absolutely delighted if we can get him back and I think thats the best move for him.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes in August and if he can kick on. Does he go somewhere he's guaranteed 40 starts a season? What level is that going to be? 

Robson has really got the best out of him.

13 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'll be absolutely delighted if we can get him back and I think thats the best move for him.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes in August and if he can kick on. Does he go somewhere he's guaranteed 40 starts a season? What level is that going to be? 

Robson has really got the best out of him.

Correct and (hopefully) given him a platform / window to continue to do it too.

2 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

Can anyone in the current team, can fill his position on the pitch?

Given licence to play like Clarkson, linking the play, and killer passes

I've written off Barron. Has everyone else?

Replacing Clarkson will be a big priority this summer assuming we get Shinnie back

43 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

If Barron wanted to prove himself here then get a big money move then maybe. But he just looks uninterested and desperate to leave

Which begs the question, where is he going. What club would want him after the abomination of a season he’s just had. 

8 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

If Barron wanted to prove himself here then get a big money move then maybe. But he just looks uninterested and desperate to leave

It's bizarre. 

Barely played 20 games for us, a lot of them in a really poor Aberdeen team last season, and (for the most part) a middling one this season. 

His agents obviously turned his head and told him he can get more money elsewhere, I don't see how it could be for footballing reasons when you consider the players we've managed to sell to a higher level in recent years. There's not a better club in Scotland at developing players and selling them on, outwith Celtic.  

His heads went. 

8 hours ago, anderson72 said:

Can anyone in the current team, can fill his position on the pitch?

Given licence to play like Clarkson, linking the play, and killer passes

I can't think of another player we've had with the cutting edge passing that Clarkson has. Christie was similar, in that he was exciting to watch and could make things happen. Clarkson's passing specifically is miles ahead of anyone I can think of though. We often say we never effectively replaced Christie, I fear the same will be said about Clarkson.

1 hour ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I can't think of another player we've had with the cutting edge passing that Clarkson has. Christie was similar, in that he was exciting to watch and could make things happen. Clarkson's passing specifically is miles ahead of anyone I can think of though. We often say we never effectively replaced Christie, I fear the same will be said about Clarkson.

Hope we are back scouting in Europe again

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I don't think even a fully focussed Barron comes anywhere near to the player Clarkson is. 

Yes he does. A fully fit Barron would be a great addition to the squad playing the way robson has us playing. 

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, thurso said:

Yes he does. A fully fit Barron would be a great addition to the squad playing the way robson has us playing. 

Disagree, we've got to remember Barron looked very good in a terrible side, he's done fuck all since, all the while carrying off like he's a superstar.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Harsh. 

The days of the huns signing England internationals are long, long gone

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

Disagree, we've got to remember Barron looked very good in a terrible side, he's done fuck all since, all the while carrying off like he's a superstar.

I say this as well. Completely agree. However he has been injured and he is still a young lad. But i'm pretty sure he is fit just now and can't remember him even getting on from the bench, hasn't featured much at all, so Robson obviously doesn't rate him. I think if Celtic come calling as the rumours suggest, cash in!

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Some cunts would pay a compensation fee for him for sure. A decent league 1 side. Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday or something 

Just shows how mental the English leagues are if someone is even willing to pay the compensation fee for him.

2 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Just shows how mental the English leagues are if someone is even willing to pay the compensation fee for him.

Birmingham paid £2 mill for Cosgrove and pretty sure there manager said he watched him play on the wing for us

Sheff Utd paid £20 Mill for McBurnie who is a fat hun wanker who apart from one season at Swansea has been totally useless

2 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Birmingham paid £2 mill for Cosgrove and pretty sure there manager said he watched him play on the wing for us

Sheff Utd paid £20 Mill for McBurnie who is a fat hun wanker who apart from one season at Swansea has been totally useless

Cosgrove was a case on mistaken identity, they thought he was Hedges. 

6 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Agree, I’d also include his overinflated ego in his downturn

Doubt he cares two fucks what anyone thinks.

The contract he signed with Birmingham has made him comfortable for life, he won't be giving a shit that they've sent him out on loan 3 times and now only has a year left on that contract.

FWIW, I'd rather take Cosgrove on loan in summer for the full season than spend a single penny on Van Veen

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 1