Leighton Clarkson

4 hours ago, minijc said:

Disagree, we've got to remember Barron looked very good in a terrible side, he's done fuck all since, all the while carrying off like he's a superstar.

You clearly know more about the inner workings at pittodrie than me but I’ll disagree with you here. Barron has been injured most of the season and when he has played I haven’t seen him not try like some, there is a very good player there and Iv not seen him act like a superstar either especially when I spoke to him, took time to chat even tho he was clearly in a rush and had nothing but good things to say about the club 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Doubt he cares two fucks what anyone thinks.

The contract he signed with Birmingham has made him comfortable for life, he won't be giving a shit that they've sent him out on loan 3 times and now only has a year left on that contract.

FWIW, I'd rather take Cosgrove on loan in summer for the full season than spend a single penny on Van Veen

If I was taking home the wages he was I wouldn’t give a fuck what anybody thought of me. 

I’d much rather have neither, there must be a young European who fits the bill for third option striker

3 hours ago, thurso said:

You clearly know more about the inner workings at pittodrie than me but I’ll disagree with you here. Barron has been injured most of the season and when he has played I haven’t seen him not try like some, there is a very good player there and Iv not seen him act like a superstar either especially when I spoke to him, took time to chat even tho he was clearly in a rush and had nothing but good things to say about the club 

Haha "clearly in a rush"

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, englishred said:

Cosgrove is on loan at my local team Plymouth and has done well but we can't afford him either.  He's apparently on 18k a week and we're only paying a small amount of that currently.

Fuck me, thats a bit hard to believe

24 minutes ago, englishred said:

Cosgrove is on loan at my local team Plymouth and has done well but we can't afford him either.  He's apparently on 18k a week and we're only paying a small amount of that currently.

He’s also been on the bench a fair bit has he not? 

25 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Surely you'll budget will go up now you are championship though?

Yeah it will do and of course the TV revenues in the championship are huge compared to league 1.  We will be one of the favourites for the drop next year although i think we'll stay up just

9 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

If we are to bring in a third forward, it needs to be a big target man type to give us something different if things aren't working with Duk & Miovski

Did Lauritsen not fit this mould? By all accounts he has done well in the Eredevisie.

There are more strikers our there than Kevin van Veen and Sam Cosgrove. I'd much rather we gave this recruitment model a good go and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Did Lauritsen not fit this mould? By all accounts he has done well in the Eredevisie.

There are more strikers our there than Kevin van Veen and Sam Cosgrove. I'd much rather we have this recruitment model a good go and see what happens.

Lauritsen has done fantastically so thats another feather in the cap for our recruitment team

8 hours ago, thurso said:

Why were you pestering him wanting to know what he thinks about AFC when he is trying to go about his business?

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, englishred said:

Yeah it will do and of course the TV revenues in the championship are huge compared to league 1.  We will be one of the favourites for the drop next year although i think we'll stay up just

Whilst you might not want to/be able to pay 18k a week you should still be able to pay a bit more than you currently are - from that list the wages are quite low and not any of your own players on 5 figures a week. The championship is a bastard of a league to predict, I wish you all the best.

• Upvote 1

I think Clarkson is class at this level. His technical skills are a significant step up on the average SPL player. Another Maddison? Not sure. 

Regardless, hopefully Clarkson is demonstrating the value of doing the hard yards in a competitive league over warming a EPL bench. It'll be interesting to watch his career.

• Upvote 1

Huns fans think they should be aiming higher than Clarkson. That lot are fucking deluded.

Looked decent any time he has played against us but i was hoping we would aim higher if true

No, no, and thrice no.

A level or two below where we should be aiming.

We really should be aiming higher.

Muppets.