Gigs 2023

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That’s the point though. They found a new audience with the release of ‘ The Dirt’. One of my lads and his 3 pals are going . They’re all 21-22. 

I don't think either band has the fan base to sell-out venues the size of hampden/Glasgow green. Way past their prime. They'll be flogging 2 for 1 deals in groupon like bon jovi had to a few years back. 

16 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I’d prefer a Hydro gig myself or Motley Crue at the Barrowlands. Def Leppard I don’t really know much about other than the obvious singles. 
Saw Motley Crue at Gateshead 2015 ish and they were brilliant. Alice Cooper supporting. 

Aye glasgow green isn't much of a venue. Plus...Neither band float my boat tbh. 

Just now, CrazyBullSheep said:

The "crue" were decent enough back in the day, have some stone cold classics in their back catalogue, and we're absolute rascals to boot. 

Def leopard - LOL 

Motley crue supporting Steel Panther now there's a gig I'd go to

And before any cunt points it out, I've intentionally mis spelled the L part just to make a point

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 7:35 PM, CrazyBullSheep said:

The "crue" were decent enough back in the day, have some stone cold classics in their back catalogue, and we're absolute rascals to boot. 

Def leopard - LOL 

Motley crue supporting Steel Panther now there's a gig I'd go to

The Crue made some great albums back in the day (the first two and the fifth from the classic line-up, with the self-titled 1994 album being their hidden gem) and while they were still a good draw in 2005 (with the mighty Killing Joke supporting) they were awful at Sonisphere 2010 and for many of us, haven't improved since. Their retirement is long overdue, just like the lips-syncing drag queen Pawl Thtanlee and KISS.

I haven't heard the new album yet (the last was good, but it had too many songs) but Def Leppard still deliver live. They should be headlining.

On 2/7/2023 at 6:46 PM, Bad_Mobby said:

Very poor line up for thon Summer Nights at Kelvingrove this year 

I wouldn’t go to see any of them 

There's normally quite a few every year that are good. Wonder what's happened this year.

Also nothing announced for Doune the Rabbit Hole festival yet. It's normally very good too but they had problems paying the bands last year

• 3 weeks later...

That's Guns and Roses now scheduled (as per the adverts on this site!) for 27th June in Bellahouston Park..... Will they eventually turn up this time, bloody hope so if not its a refund for us given its been postponed twice before. 

They will probably look like they do in the advert given how old they are now and how overdue the gig is.

spacer.png

Also going to Suede in the Music Hall next Monday and then Pet Shop Boys in June.

Belle and Sebastian to confirm reschedule dates then that's me gigged out for 2023!

• 2 weeks later...