General Advice Corner

CCB III

On 1/26/2023 at 7:04 PM, CCB III said:

Live in a block of flats. Quite a few young families about. Downstairs neighbours have two kids, the older one, who must be around 6/7 is constantly making noise. Feels like every time I'm chilling in my living room it's thump, thump, thump to the point where it's shaking the shelves. 

It's like the kid is doing laps up and down their fucking flat. The Dad is an acquaintance of mine in any case, but I'm not sure how to approach it.

Kids are kids, and you expect some amount of noise, but this crazy. I can't tell though, if it's me being a highly strung weirdo or if it's actually a reasonable complaint. My girlfriend gets annoyed with it too. 

The parents are nice folk, I just dunno how they aren't telling the kid to be quiet. 

I don't want to be so confrontational as to go knock on the door, and feel like I'd be a pussy if I sent a message. I've no idea what the response would be. 

If it was adults making heaps of noise, that would be one thing, but because it's a kid I feel like I can't say. 

Anyone ever dealt with this type of shit?

This is the reason

Image result for when i became a parent i understood why yoda just died instead of awnsering lukes questions

On 1/27/2023 at 8:39 AM, CCB III said:

Here, has anyone applied for a passport recently? And if so, how long did it take to get it sent and back?

Going away in April and can't find my current one for the life of me. 

Try online, get a photo from one of the new booths that give you a code to upload.

In 2021, I applied online Sunday, got a message telling me to send my old one down by registered post Monday, received the new passport Thursday. Its shit though, one of the new blue ones that doesn't seem to work on the automatic passport machines.

If you are already on the system, it seems to be easier to get a replacement.

1 hour ago, Bad_Mobby said:

You shouldn’t be using them on the foreign machines now - you’ve to go through the actual border patrol Cunts due to Brexit 

There's some agreements in place with certain countries, I was definitely allowed through in Portugal and Italy.

More trouble with the passport getting into Heathrow, every time it gets rejected. 

• 2 months later...

In the house on my own, sitting having a keich and the flamin doorbell goes - that mental wrestle of do you just sit and ignore it or get up, wipe, hoik the breaks up and go answer it.

Went for the latter, turns out it was the window cleaner lookin for money so I’m now out of pocket as well - should have left it, she would have had to pay it next week.

Moral of the story - when your sitting having a shite just let everything else drift by, concentrate on the shite you can control.

39 minutes ago, sigh said:

In the house on my own, sitting having a keich and the flamin doorbell goes - that mental wrestle of do you just sit and ignore it or get up, wipe, hoik the breaks up and go answer it.

Went for the latter, turns out it was the window cleaner lookin for money so I’m now out of pocket as well - should have left it, she would have had to pay it next week.

Moral of the story - when your sitting having a shite just let everything else drift by, concentrate on the shite you can control.

A female window cleaner? That's just not right. 

15 hours ago, dave_min said:

Anybody got an effective way of making some asbestos disappear, legally.  

Dig a hole in the middle of a forest or woods, dispose of it in newly-created hole, and cover the hole with the muck you've just dug up, along with a sprinkling of fresh topsoil. 

Alternatively, acquire an oil drum (preferably empty😄) and transport it to a forest or wood away from sniffers and curtain-twitchers. Place asbestos in the drum along with paper, plastic, and kindles for added effect and neutralisation of asbestos smell and effects, and proceed to set alight. Job done.