Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

46 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Ravel Morrison been released by Rooney at Washington DC.   If a strong manager could harness this guys potential he would rip it up in our league.  

No manager has ever managed to harness his potential and at the age of 30 it’s no longer potential just wasted talent now

15 hours ago, Chester Don said:

Ravel Morrison been released by Rooney at Washington DC.   If a strong manager could harness this guys potential he would rip it up in our league.  

Given Fergie couldn't harness his potential no-one could

GUy is also 30 and had more clubs than he's had hot dinners

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Surely looking at a summer bid for Kevin Van Veen? Different type of striker from Duk, Miovski and Bavidge, for next season.

Should we be looking for a third striker for June or looking to maximise opportunities for any of Bavidge, Pirie, harvey and reid? 

i'd have said in the summer we need three strikers but the form of Duk, Miovski and the youngsters would have me less sure?

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Should we be looking for a third striker for June or looking to maximise opportunities for any of Bavidge, Pirie, harvey and reid? 

i'd have said in the summer we need three strikers but the form of Duk, Miovski and the youngsters would have me less sure?

Do you think we'll keep Duk and Miovski though Tord? 

I think we'll be hunting for strikers again but hopefully at least one of the youngsters breaks through as well. 

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do you think we'll keep Duk and Miovski though Tord? 

I think we'll be hunting for strikers again but hopefully at least one of the youngsters breaks through as well. 

I can see us selling one of those lads on deadline day but holding on to them initially due to the massive changes elsewhere in the team/squad.

Absolutely no way will we choose to sell both unless its utterly insane money eg over £10m combined

• Like 1

Any of these scouts have that apparently watched Miovski will certainly now be keeping an eye on Duk. By far the better buy of the 2 for any club in the summer. Miovski is a striker thwt you need to be creating a?lot of chances for. Duk can grab a goal from nothing as we've seen tonight and on other occasions. Those guys are worth their weight in gold. 

If Duk goes (and let's be honest he's the more likely of the 2) it will be for a fee that smashes Ramsay's out of the park. 

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I can see us selling one of those lads on deadline day but holding on to them initially due to the massive changes elsewhere in the team/squad.

Absolutely no way will we choose to sell both unless its utterly insane money eg over £10m combined

Pressure won’t be on us to sell if Ferguson goes for big money. Duk is next level, he’s won us games all by himself. My only slight worry is the deal we did with Benfica. Some say we paid a decent fee others say we got him for free on agreement Benfica get a massive sell on. 

17 minutes ago, slippers said:

Pressure won’t be on us to sell if Ferguson goes for big money. Duk is next level, he’s won us games all by himself. My only slight worry is the deal we did with Benfica. Some say we paid a decent fee others say we got him for free on agreement Benfica get a massive sell on. 

Good point on Ferguson and I guess we can say McKenna too. If any sell on fees kick in this summer then we'll be more likely to hold our nerve until 2024.

Need to be offering big Duk some serious wedge now. £8k or £9k a week if he's willing to extend from summer 2025 to summer 2027

It must have been a great experience for young Alfie Bavidge yesterday sitting on the bench in front of our support watching that. The sort of thing that should inspire young players to be part of regularly. 

In the past few years, some our better players in Duk and Ferguson have been very young. Sometimes putting players out on loan puts them back a notch rather than the opposite effect. 

I would definitely keep Bavidge next year in the full squad. 

18 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Surely looking at a summer bid for Kevin Van Veen? Different type of striker from Duk, Miovski and Bavidge, for next season.

Should be heading back to Benficas B team and see if there are any more of the same. They are bound to be dreepin with talent just not quite good enough for their top side. 

36 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I doubt Benfica would be so willing to part with other young talents as easily as they were with Duk.

Why not? They are not good enough for their first team and the players will want regular football. If they can see a few years at us is a pathway to England then I don't see why not. Benfica gain by putting in sell on clauses. Win win for all parties.

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Tord31 said:

By next season you'd hope the youngsters are ready to support Duk and Miovski.

Other areas of the team need a lot more focus than the striking department.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:17 PM, Hoofball said:

No manager has ever managed to harness his potential and at the age of 30 it’s no longer potential just wasted talent now

On 3/3/2023 at 10:59 AM, Granite95 said:

Given Fergie couldn't harness his potential no-one could

GUy is also 30 and had more clubs than he's had hot dinners

Total myth that he even had potential. Just a slightly better Dante polvara

49 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

Akinyemi. He can run but he’s hopeless 

Tbf he's got a decent number of goals this season (21 IIRC) and has a powerful shot on him. 

But if we are to sign a big athletic unit, I'd prefer the loon Nouble at Livi. Causes us no end of problems (so did JET tbf) but he also causes the arse cheeks problems, especially sevco. As a fairly cheap third striker option I reckon he'd be a useful addition to the squad

• Upvote 1