Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

Remember that jack tucker we were in for last summer , he signed for mk dons instead and it seems that their fans hate him as much as we dislike Stewart - and Stewart has effectively come in as his replacement. Ironic. 

the fact he chose mk dons over us in the first place is concerning but I suppose being a southern English boy, moving to aberdeen has little appeal.

2 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Remember that jack tucker we were in for last summer , he signed for mk dons instead and it seems that their fans hate him as much as we dislike Stewart - and Stewart has effectively come in as his replacement. Ironic. 

the fact he chose mk dons over us in the first place is concerning but I suppose being a southern English boy, moving to aberdeen has little appeal.

I doubt he's earning any less money at MKD than he would have got with us. Coupled with the fact he'll likely consider where he is right now a higher standard than it is in Scotland (he'd be wrong but these players only find that out when they do actually make a move north) I don't think he'll be having any regrets. It'll be ironic if Stewart does supplant him in their side however.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Even the shittest DOF in the world should be able to set the recruitment team the task of sourcing three options each for left back, left centre back, right centre back and right back for the new manager to review in the first week

You'd love to think so but when you look at how many of our last batch of signings aren't really good enough it'd take a miracle for the scouting team to find 3 options for every position that are both good enough and a viable target.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Even the shittest DOF in the world should be able to set the recruitment team the task of sourcing three options each for left back, left centre back, right centre back and right back for the new manager to review in the first week

The easy part is setting them the task of finding the players.

As has been shown, with about a 1 in 3 success rate last summer, finding ones good enough is the difficult part. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The easy part is setting them the task of finding the players.

As has been shown, with about a 1 in 3 success rate last summer, finding ones good enough is the difficult part. 

There are plenty players in Scotland better than our current batch so i'd like to think we can find even better casting our net further afield.

Please avoid England. That market just doesnt work for us. If we get hold of a player its because 100 clubs have overlooked him and we'll have had to pay over the odds to beat off some clubs and incentivise him to relocate etc

Mental that we’re gonna go into this window needing a whole new backline again, same as last summer.

You’d like to think that shinnie will sign a new deal and we won’t really need to strengthen the central area of the park. Attacking midfield is a different question, obviously clarkson will be gone so he scope to bring in someone new there.

Kennedy and Hayes probably aren’t worth new contracts, would be good to combine their wages and get a proper winger in who can provide the same level of quality to the team that Niall mcginn did a few years back.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

There are plenty players in Scotland better than our current batch so i'd like to think we can find even better casting our net further afield.

Please avoid England. That market just doesnt work for us. If we get hold of a player its because 100 clubs have overlooked him and we'll have had to pay over the odds to beat off some clubs and incentivise him to relocate etc

Giving the fact we will need so many players this summer we are best taking a few that play in Scotland IMO. Devlin &Fitzwater at livi and Strain from St Mirren would instantly improve the defence without as much risk as an English journeyman.

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Giving the fact we will need so many players this summer we are best taking a few that play in Scotland IMO. Devlin &Fitzwater at livi and Strain from St Mirren would instantly improve the defence without as much risk as an English journeyman.

Devlin out of contract this summer I think as is Fitzwater, love to see us make a move for both 

I've mentioned him before when he was out the outs with his manager at Cruz Azul. Romulo Otero is out of his contract in Jan. and is available on a free. He's creative and a bit like Stephen Curry with his range. Pair him with Duk and we might make a push for Europe.

His skills check an awful lot of boxes. Talented guy. 

• Dildo 1
20 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

18 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Devlin out of contract this summer I think as is Fitzwater, love to see us make a move for both 

Crazy that (except for the arse cheeks) Livi & St’s have the best defensive record in the league 

18 hours ago, PondHopper said:

I've mentioned him before when he was out the outs with his manager at Cruz Azul. Romulo Otero is out of his contract in Jan. and is available on a free. He's creative and a bit like Stephen Curry with his range. Pair him with Duk and we might make a push for Europe.

His skills check an awful lot of boxes. Talented guy. 

Who the fuck is Stephen Curry?

39 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Goodwin is finished as a manager, in a similar way to jack ross, been shown to be utterly inept.

Goodwin still has some credit in the bank compared to Ross. 

Jack Ross failed at Sunderland, hibs then spectacularly at Dundee Utd

Whilst goodwin was utterly shit for us some premiership team will take a chance on him I’d think  

7 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Goodwin still has some credit in the bank compared to Ross. 

Jack Ross failed at Sunderland, hibs then spectacularly at Dundee Utd

Whilst goodwin was utterly shit for us some premiership team will take a chance on him I’d think  

I don't

The last 3 games of his time with us, not just the horrendous results but the way it became so obvious that the players had stopped performing for him will have club chairmen extremely wary of giving him a job at any sort of decent level in future. 

My guess is he'll struggle to even get a job in the Championship but if he does it'll be bottom end

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I don't

The last 3 games of his time with us, not just the horrendous results but the way it became so obvious that the players had stopped performing for him will have club chairmen extremely wary of giving him a job at any sort of decent level in future. 

My guess is he'll struggle to even get a job in the Championship but if he does it'll be bottom end

Hamilton job maybe, they are struggling 

11 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Goodwin is finished as a manager, in a similar way to jack ross, been shown to be utterly inept.

10 hours ago, Granite95 said:

I think it depends how Aberdeen do. If we rebound and play like a secured 3rd/4th place team then he's out the game. Problem was clearly him not us.

On the other hand, if we hover around the bottom six until the end of this season then he will be able to make a comeback. Top half Scottish Championship or smaller SPL club. 

If I was him, I'd be trying to get work as a first team coach somewhere and send Lee Sharp back to stacking shelves.