Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

22 hours ago, Poodler said:

Scott Wrights da was apparently a massive dons fan aswell.

genuinely don’t know how he can look himself in the mirror every morning.

integirty is worth more than your son earning a few quid for a couple of years

A massive cunt more like 

On 4/11/2023 at 7:13 AM, Poodler said:

Scott Wrights da was apparently a massive dons fan aswell.

genuinely don’t know how he can look himself in the mirror every morning.

integirty is worth more than your son earning a few quid for a couple of years

Agree.

My son was brought up a Don and there is no way in hell he would have signed for Huns, had his footballing skills been that good. 

Think he hates Huns more than I do, superb training me thinks.

Scott Wright's dad is no Dons fan and should hang his head in shame. 

17 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

What would be a fair price for McCrorie? We spent 350k on him, he’s contracted till 2026, had a good season once moved from centre half, maybe around 1 million?

At the start of this season, in the aftermath of his very public jaunt to Seville a couple of months earlier, I'd probably have taken a bid of £500k to get him offski out the club

However he is a useful utility player and with how things panned out under Goodwin's stewardship, thank fuck he wasn't sold.  With the length of time he still has on his contract, coupled with him being on the (extreme) fringes of Scotland squad inclusion, probably a million wouldn't be an unreasonable figure to ask a buying club. At a push, and if the player himself made it clear he wanted to go, I'd probably say £800k might be acceptable.

3 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

You’ve got to ask though, would you get a better player than McCrorie to come in as replacement for less than 750k? Most of the time no, unless we were to unearth someone in the same way we found duk and miovski.

Yes, i'd be expecting the club to source a replacement for free or half of that.

• Downvote 1
9 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Yea that looks a bit of a disaster (although not over yet).

Club have proven they can recruit quality players

At a 1 in 3 success rate. I think it’s worth keeping hold of our proven best players unless an over the odds bid comes in - in mccrories case an offer in excess of a million

Rumours this morning that McRorie was being watched by Cardiff, Swansea, and WBA as well as Bristol City yesterday.

Scouts their from Everton, PNE, and Sheffield Wednesday watching Duk

Between players going out of contract, loans returning to their parent clubs and if we sell a couple of players there's a heck of a rebuild to be done.  As things stand, if we sold McRorie and Duk, we'd only have three of last night's starting eleven left at the club next season (Roos, Duncan, and Miovski)

31 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Rumours this morning that McRorie was being watched by Cardiff, Swansea, and WBA as well as Bristol City yesterday.

Between players going out of contract, loans returning to their parent clubs and if we sell a couple of players there's a heck of a rebuild to be done.  As things stand, if we sold McRorie and Duk, we'd only have three of last night's starting eleven left at the club next season (Roos, Duncan, and Miovski)

Good news if we manage to sell McRorie for a profit.

As for the bit in bold LOFL

Pretty sure we’ll sign a couple of the loan and short term contract boys up - Shinnie, McDonald etc. Hayes likely get another year as well 

29 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

That’s McCrories level and a decent bid should be accepted as he ain’t going to improve any further

Doubt Duk would be jumping ship to PNE or Sheffield Wednesdays, yes both could eclipse AFC wages but Duk is better than Championship level. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Miovski leaving in the summer as well. 

it just shows what a shitshow McInnes, Glass and Goodwin made of recruitment that this will be the third summer in a row that the squad needs a drastic rebuild

5 hours ago, Hoofball said:

That’s McCrories level and a decent bid should be accepted as he ain’t going to improve any further

Doubt Duk would be jumping ship to PNE or Sheffield Wednesdays, yes both could eclipse AFC wages but Duk is better than Championship level. 

it just shows what a shitshow McInnes, Glass and Goodwin made of recruitment that this will be the third summer in a row that the squad needs a drastic rebuild

I don't think there's a hope in hell we sell both Duk and Miovski. I think if we can secure 3rd then we'll extend Duk's contract by a year and then if he performs well in Europe he could maybe get sold in the Jan/next Summer. If we want a top fee we need him to show he can cut it on the Euro stage and this isn't a "flash in the pan" season. 

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I don't think there's a hope in hell we sell both Duk and Miovski. I think if we can secure 3rd then we'll extend Duk's contract by a year and then if he performs well in Europe he could maybe get sold in the Jan/next Summer. If we want a top fee we need him to show he can cut it on the Euro stage and this isn't a "flash in the pan" season. 

I wouldn’t be so sure, if English teams come in for both they’ll be off and Aberdeen will know that as they can’t compete with the wages on offer

7 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Sheff Wed must have a high opinion of themselves- they are league 1 with no guarantee of promotion to championship. 

• Upvote 1