Alan Burrows

8 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Whilst I fully understand the Burrows chat, isn't it worth noting there are some mitigating circumstances. Can't even remember the full details but believe his wife miscarried recently? .

I don’t want to sound unkind but that’s got nothing to do with his ability to do the job.

56 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He does seem miles out of his depth... I wonder if that's dawning on him now, hence the silence?

I feel like we've got a few (at least!) guys in roles that are far too much for them.

(1) Gunner is a football administrator masquerading as a director of football.

(2) Getting the distinct feeling that Burrows is a social media coordinator trying to pretend he's a CEO.

(3) Hun as the head of the PR.

7 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I don’t want to sound unkind but that’s got nothing to do with his ability to do the job.

Not trying to downplay the effects of that but happened to my missus twice, awful time, but you just get on with stuff, bury yourself in work and beer and get on with it.

No whispers but I think he’ll be gone by end of the season.

11 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Have to disagree with you on that. It has bound to have an impact on him as a person and therefore how he does his job, at least in the short term.

4 minutes ago, G man said:

Have to disagree with you on that. It has bound to have an impact on him as a person and therefore how he does his job, at least in the short term.

It was 4 or 5 months ago. Nobody can underplay mental health issues but, I would have expected life to have returned to some sort of normality by now.

The bigger concern was why he left Motherwell.

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

It was 4 or 5 months ago. Nobody can underplay mental health issues but, I would have expected life to have returned to some sort of normality by now.

The bigger concern was why he left Motherwell.

I assume he came to Aberdeen for more money and better career prospects.

23 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I'm wary of sounding Team Burrows here, as I'm not - I'd suggest personal trauma probably does impact the ability to do your job though. Believe it's their second miscarriage. That said, I checked on instagram and it appears it was around August, so doesn't necessarily excuse him going silent now. Who knows.

#BeKind

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Deviating from the real issue. Burrows doesn’t pick the team and tactics.

You're right but I feel as though the FMB are all deserving of criticism. They've really let us down. The whole club is a shambles just now.

25 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

I'm wary of sounding Team Burrows here, as I'm not - I'd suggest personal trauma probably does impact the ability to do your job though. Believe it's their second miscarriage. That said, I checked on instagram and it appears it was around August, so doesn't necessarily excuse him going silent now. Who knows.

#BeKind

His only post recently was about mental health. At the risk of being a dick, if he’s struggling with his own mental health then the demands of working at afc will be far too big for him. 

Like others, I'm struggling to see any positive impact that Burrows has had even allowing for his own sad personal circumstances but let's be clear here, its not him or the mythical FMB that has picked the previous managers nor the next manager. There's only one egomaniac that will make that decision, past, present and future.

19 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

His transition from open and honest constant tweeter to invisible man is quite something though. Not a good look.

It’s easy to comment on social media when your garden is rosey! When it’s full of manure you don’t post images and comment 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Has anyone heard from our chief executive lately? He's gone very quiet.

And so he should be.

We are in a state of flux and don’t yet have a proper plan to get us out of the current mire yet.

Cormack and Burrows should be 100% focused on sorting this shit out for the medium/long term. 

• Upvote 3