Alan Burrows

1 minute ago, DD1903 said:

Scott Wright had 2 goals and 1 assist in the league  in the lead up to him leaving

hedges - 2 goals and 4 assists in the league before leaving 

cosgrove - 3 goals

i can see how losing them made all the difference…

we played well for about 3 months that season, before returning to the clueless long ball pish that mcinnes had decided was the future for some reason.

Or put it this way..if there was say an 18 year old prospect called Lewis Ferguson coming through at Hamilton now would he be signing for us..or Kilmarnock?

Cormack clearly thought he wasn’t getting a bang for his alleged £750k buck, and also felt McInnes had too much say in football operations.

The Jon Gallagher loan signing in the summer of 2019 was the beginning of the end for McInnes; the subsequent signing in Jan 2020 of Ronnie Hernandez was another massive red flag and then the signing of the aforementioned trio of shit strikers really was the end. 

2 hours ago, Dynamo said:

It was 6 games with no goals, losing 3. 

9 games in 10 without scoring, losing 5 (winning 1). 

If you're gong to counter a myth at least get it right.  

It was 6 games without scoring.

But he was sacked before the Dundee United loss, so it was 1 in 9. Two of those were at Parkhead and they don't really count do they. Really he should be getting stick for a 5 game streak without scoring against St Johnstone, Livingston, Livingston, Hibs and St Mirren.

1 hour ago, Johnnyred1 said:

McInnes' squad when he left was one of the worst teams I have seen playing in red. They were woeful. He looked lost and disinterested. I remember hoping we could just avoid relegation and rebuild the next season. They never dominated any game. Eye bleeding stuff. Oh, how some forget.

The thing is, before that run started, we were 4 points behind Celtic in 2nd. How could that be one of the worst teams someone has ever seen playing in red, never mind worrying about relegation. Even stranger is the Derek out protests started a week earlier. How expectations change eh? 

As others have said, the fact none of us were at the games and everyone was going insane due to lockdown, means no one really remembers we were great that season before the scoreless run started. And in those days, even 3rd wasn't seen as good enough. Stupid conditions such as playing more youth, even though more played then than now, and entertaining football, were also seen as more important.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Cormack clearly thought he wasn’t getting a bang for his alleged £750k buck, and also felt McInnes had too much say in football operations.

The Jon Gallagher loan signing in the summer of 2019 was the beginning of the end for McInnes; the subsequent signing in Jan 2020 of Ronnie Hernandez was another massive red flag and then the signing of the aforementioned trio of shit strikers really was 

Yes I think that's the big issue.Cormack doesn't want his manager to have too much of a say because Cormack wants to be involved . However I don't see how that works in practice.The manager is the one who is held responsible for results so he needs control of the players that are signed imo.Ideally the manager sits down with the chairman and agrees their signings.

13 hours ago, minijc said:

Ojo

Woods

Gleeson

Bryson

James Wilson

Greg Leigh

Curtis Main

Forrester

May

Tansey

Maynard

Greg Stewart

Callum Morris

Miles Storey

Josh parker

Paul Quinn

Gregg Wylde 

Some of them fees were paid for, most were big wages but aye lets throw more money at McInnes and his tired recruitment. 

Hoo mamma that's some list of shit right there.

Poor Tansey. :beer::beer::beer:

• Like 1
13 hours ago, minijc said:

Ojo

Woods

Gleeson

Bryson

James Wilson

Greg Leigh

Curtis Main

Forrester

May

Tansey

Maynard

Greg Stewart

Callum Morris

Miles Storey

Josh parker

Paul Quinn

Gregg Wylde 

Some of them fees were paid for, most were big wages but aye lets throw more money at McInnes and his tired recruitment. 

Hoo mamma that's some list of shit right there.

Poor Tansey. :beer::beer::beer:

A post so good it got submitted twice.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Yes I think that's the big issue.Cormack doesn't want his manager to have too much of a say because Cormack wants to be involved . However I don't see how that works in practice.The manager is the one who is held responsible for results so he needs control of the players that are signed imo.Ideally the manager sits down with the chairman and agrees their signings.

The Issue with likes of Cormack is though, where you have said "The manager is the one who is held responsible for results so he needs control of the players", Cormack thinks the exact same thing between himself and the manager. He wants to control the manager... its micro management in every sense of the word. He doesn't trust anyone, and from what I have heard that doesn't just exist at the club, but stretches far beyond. 

14 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Saying he was leaving anyway was obviously just to save a bit of face after  being sacked after 8 years at the club He is in record as saying he understood his days were numbered when a new chairman comes in and often wants to bring in his own man.

So it’s saving face when he says he was leaving anyway but when he says “my days were numbered when Cormack arrived” isn’t saving face from the fact we absolutely were not getting value for money from him or the squad he assembled? 

And again for the hard of thinking - just because I think it was the right decision to move him on, doesn’t excuse the complete shit-show we’ve been since. But that’s a different argument. 

1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

Seems strange though to judge Mcinnes on his last few games with us when he and Cormack obviously didn't agree and Cormack wanted to take in his own manager and not with Mcinnes record over 8 years which in my book said he was a good or very good manager for Aberdeen if not a great one.Then after that take a look at what Mcinnes has achieved at Kilmarnock and what Cormack s chairmanship has achieved at Aberdeen since he sacked Mcinnes..

Nobody is judging McInnes entire tenure on the last ten games. They’re correctly stating we were on downward trajectory and his time was up. Doesn’t negate the very good work done in his first 6 years or so. 

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

Seems strange though to judge Mcinnes on his last few games with us when he and Cormack obviously didn't agree and Cormack wanted to take in his own manager and not with Mcinnes record over 8 years which in my book said he was a good or very good manager for Aberdeen if not a great one.Then after that take a look at what Mcinnes has achieved at Kilmarnock and what Cormack s chairmanship has achieved at Aberdeen since he sacked Mcinnes..

Ernest, he's gone, he wanted to go, he's not coming back. 

He was good for a while, aye. We don't need to keep hearing it. 

2 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

McInnes' squad when he left was one of the worst teams I have seen playing in red. They were woeful. He looked lost and disinterested.  I remember hoping we could just avoid relegation and rebuild the next season. They never dominated any game. Eye bleeding stuff. Oh, how some forget.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56220000

Could have saved yourself all that anguish just by looking at the league table after his last game in charge.

We were already safe from relegation and 3 points off third place ,  and with a decent cushion above fifth.

• Upvote 3
42 minutes ago, NEM said:

Nobody is judging McInnes entire tenure on the last ten games. They’re correctly stating we were on downward trajectory and his time was up. Doesn’t negate the very good work done in his first 6 years or so. 

Every manager has periods of ups and downs. It's how a club manages these periods. I have absolutely zero issues with McInnes being replaced if the man identified to replace him has a proven record and fits the club's model. What I don't accept is appointments like Stephen fuck all experience Glass, Jim Goodwin with a vastly inferior CV and another inexperienced man like Barry Robson.

Absolutely suicidal practice by Mr Chairman. 

McInnes delivered the most stable period of performance in a long time in our pish recent history so it's natural that fans compare records to McInnes, doesn't mean these people want him back or long for him to return. 

We are utter shit and that is on one man. 

3 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

McInnes' squad when he left was one of the worst teams I have seen playing in red. They were woeful. He looked lost and disinterested. I remember hoping we could just avoid relegation and rebuild the next season. They never dominated any game. Eye bleeding stuff. Oh, how some forget.

You mean, the squad he built under cormacks reign?

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Every manager has periods of ups and downs. It's how a club manages these periods. I have absolutely zero issues with McInnes being replaced if the man identified to replace him has a proven record and fits the club's model. What I don't accept is appointments like Stephen fuck all experience Glass, Jim Goodwin with a vastly inferior CV and another inexperienced man like Barry Robson.

Absolutely suicidal practice by Mr Chairman. 

McInnes delivered the most stable period of performance in a long time in our pish recent history so it's natural that fans compare records to McInnes, doesn't mean these people want him back or long for him to return. 

We are utter shit and that is on one 

The new training ground that Mcinnes had been pushing for for years we finally got.Named  it Cormack Park of course.Maybe that was a clue to the new direction.

5 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Swiss Tony blew 400 grand of that budget bringing in Hernandez to make himself look like a big man at Atlanta for still unknown reasons...

That didn't come out of the budget, that was a bit extra put in by him, shame the manager was unprofessional and didn't give the player a proper chance despite looking good in training.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, minijc said:

The one where he had the highest budget in the history of the club, to that point, aye.

After 7 seasons of 4th minimum, but 2nd more than 4th,  plus countless semis and finals?

All the above bringing in record prize money and gates?

Record player sales under his tutelage?

Debt cleared, owing to his stabilising of the club, giving the Donalds the confidence to step in?

Would have been a scandal if his budget wasn't increased 

Imagine he could spend it how he wanted?

And not be lumbered with hornby,  kamberi and hendry, or hernandez

Makes you cry thinking about it

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

For the love of fuck, can we please stop doing the McInnes argument? 

It's this forum's own version of Godwin's Law.  Sooner or later on any given thread someone will mention McInnes and how we wouldn't be in this mess if he hadn't been punted/sacked/left/whatever and the same points/counterpoints are trotted out again and again.  

Honestly, it's like the girlfriend who keeps going on about that time five years ago you said "Hi" to that hot girl you used to go to school with in the queue in Starbucks. 

Fucking give it a rest.  Move on. Stop being such a fucking crazy bitch obsessed with the past.  Nothing you're gonna say is going to change what happened, it's only going to make me think you're getting even more fucking mental by the day.

Same for SAF and the 80’s, it’s every single thread. People need to move on.