Alan Burrows

3 hours ago, RUL said:

He’s getting paid a fortune so whilst I agree he’s not the only issue I think we can also highlight his clear failings.

WHilst I agree with the later part how much can he do as it clearly seems to be the Data Davie show and everything runs through him and what he says goes. Not saying Burrows has covered himself in glory of late (as he is at least partially responsible for the mess we're in) but far bigger problems at the club than him

3 hours ago, RUL said:

He’s getting paid a fortune so whilst I agree he’s not the only issue I think we can also highlight his clear failings.

Nobody really has a clue what his job includes, what Gunn's job includes, or who is making the final say in regards to what.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Nobody really has a clue what his job includes, what Gunn's job includes, or who is making the final say in regards to what.

Fair point and that’s why I’m chanting for the board to be sacked.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

What are these clear failings 

The ones off the pitch would be the brutal supplies of away kit and constant stock issues. I’d also add in the shambolic selling of cup final tickets.

on the park I think the manager should have been fired about a month before he was. The appointment of warnock was ridiculous. It made no sense. The timing was bizarre. Warnock has spoken about how involved burrows was so clearly this decision was in his remit. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, RUL said:

The ones off the pitch would be the brutal supplies of away kit and constant stock issues. I’d also add in the shambolic selling of cup final tickets.

on the park I think the manager should have been fired about a month before he was. The appointment of warnock was ridiculous. It made no sense. The timing was bizarre. Warnock has spoken about how involved burrows was so clearly this decision was in his remit. 

Half empty Merkland. Thought they were working on that too. Silence 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Half empty Merkland. Thought they were working on that too. Silence 

Yeah. You could add the silence about red shed to silence about every afc matter since December? Personally I’m not bothered but if you adopt that open approach when things are going well and then disappear when going gets tough it speaks volumes about burrows.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, RUL said:

I’ll give you both the off field issues but not the on field.

He doesn’t have the same power as Cormack to sack a manager and that’s before you add in that bloody FMB.

Why was the appointment of Warnock ridiculous, vast amount of experience willing and to come in short term. It’s not his fault the squad is a fucking embarrassment and can’t even carry out the basics required of a footballer

4 minutes ago, RUL said:

Yeah. You could add the silence about red shed to silence about every afc matter since December? Personally I’m not bothered but if you adopt that open approach when things are going well and then disappear when going gets tough it speaks volumes about burrows.

Yep, the only saving grace might be if he’s been told to keep his mouth shut but I doubt that. Happy to revel in praise when we make a cup final but loses his twitter log in when it goes to shit. No wonder Cormack wanted him, seems they’re cut from the same cloth. 

25 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

I’ll give you both the off field issues but not the on field.

He doesn’t have the same power as Cormack to sack a manager and that’s before you add in that bloody FMB.

Why was the appointment of Warnock ridiculous, vast amount of experience willing and to come in short term. It’s not his fault the squad is a fucking embarrassment and can’t even carry out the basics required of a footballer

I could have accepted warnock early January, chance to bring in his own players. But for me it seemed baffling that someone with no knowledge of team was given interim charge. Again with Robson it made sense as he knew the players and had players coming in to build around. Warnock style of football goes against everything we want to watch. I hoped it would work but we weren’t fighting relegation when he came in but sure are now. 

Certainly, Burrows' radio silence coincided with the shambles he made of the cup final ticket sales. And just as with Cormack, his disappearance on social media.....despite all the promises about 'transparency'.....also happened around the time the arse fell out of the team. 

However, as pointed out earlier, he has been through some pretty traumatic personal events. So I'm inclined to take less of a metaphorical swing at Burrows, as opposed to Cormack. 

12 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Certainly, Burrows' radio silence coincided with the shambles he made of the cup final ticket sales. And just as with Cormack, his disappearance on social media.....despite all the promises about 'transparency'.....also happened around the time the arse fell out of the team. 

However, as pointed out earlier, he has been through some pretty traumatic personal events. So I'm inclined to take less of a metaphorical swing at Burrows, as opposed to Cormack. 

Issue with the 'transparency' is that they'll both pick and choose when to be active on social media

No doubt if we had picked up a few wins they'd be all over social media posting etc

Reality is fans really just want us to win, that's what'll keep folk by in large happy

1 hour ago, RUL said:

I could have accepted warnock early January, chance to bring in his own players. But for me it seemed baffling that someone with no knowledge of team was given interim charge. Again with Robson it made sense as he knew the players and had players coming in to build around. Warnock style of football goes against everything we want to watch. I hoped it would work but we weren’t fighting relegation when he came in but sure are now. 

This is a Cormack problem and it’s a problem he has created twice before when sacking both Glass and Goodwin. I don’t see how you can use this as a reason to have a go at Burrows

We’re an absolute cluster fcuk all over the place 

This internal review seems to have no substance matrix to it .Usually when a company has a review like this it’s carried out by a client or regulator to ensure that the Company is complying to the legislative, regulatory & their own management systems, KPIs etc,etc .

exactly what are they using to measure this so called review against?  Data.. ( What pies sold this year compared to last) 

In the cold light of day No absolutely  No  Supporter of the club regardless of their feelings towards an inept board and incompetent players should want to see us being relegated.

Regulation would send us back a decade at least! 

There would be precisely no guarantee we would even get out of the championship 1st 2nd or even 3 rd attempt.

The knock on effect in terms of the ability to attract, a “decent” standard of Management team , players would be even worse than current tragic hodgepodge. 

The financial side in regards to major Sponsorship. I’d imagine would have to be reviewed by the individual sponsors themselves. I dare say they’d likely be looking to reduce their contribution if not withdrawing altogether!

the resulting consequences go on and on.

Anyone who thinks relegation hast hurt the likes of Hearts , Hibs or D.Utd.  is delusional  Of course it has. 

We (fans & Players ) need to try and regroup and muster the mental strength to go out and win as many games between now and the season ends as possible to avoid the even a playoff.. 

Relegation. No thanks..