Alan Burrows

12 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

He got turned inside out loads of the time  gets far to tight on attackers and was bailed out by the brilliant Pollock most matches.  Avoid.

Must have been watching different games to me pal.

16 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Everyone who played under Goodwin has a reprieve in my book. Scales was good enough to get a contract with Celtic and latterly, we saw why. He was solid, dependable and full of energy. Part of a back 3 who were keeping clean sheets by throwing their bodies on the line when needed. That is what a good manager will get from good players.

As for your Icelandic kid.... untested characters like that are maybe fine in the same shape as Polvara. However, we need a 1st pick full back or someone who can play on the left of a back 3. Seeing as Robson seems so keen to get him back, I'll put my faith in him 100% more than yourself.

STFU

Never met someone who is as horny for gingers as you are.

It's pointless with you as you can't see anything bad about the players Robson picks, Scales (as well as others) still made mistakes in the games where there were clean sheets, teams focused on our left side in the games under Robson as well.

For me there are better players out there than Scales, left backs and left sided centre backs that would fit our budget more.  Celtic aren't going to sell for what we are willing to pay, so we've to loan a guy and develop him for celtic again, it's utterly stupid and the sign of a small club.

• Upvote 1

The highlights here show you how poor Scales can be, first chance is poor defending from him, second Hearts chance is terrible but he makes a very good (maybe lucky) recovery) then there's the Shankland goal which is just horrific defending from him, even the last chance where Clarkson makes a great clearance Scales is lagging behind the Hearts player even though it's clear where the danger is.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Never met someone who is as horny for gingers as you are.

It's pointless with you as you can't see anything bad about the players Robson picks, Scales (as well as others) still made mistakes in the games where there were clean sheets, teams focused on our left side in the games under Robson as well.

For me there are better players out there than Scales, left backs and left sided centre backs that would fit our budget more.  Celtic aren't going to sell for what we are willing to pay, so we've to loan a guy and develop him for celtic again, it's utterly stupid and the sign of a small club.

Develop him for Celtic? Clearly he won't form part of their plans, hence why they are happy for him to go on loan or be sold.

As for mistakes - well no shit Sherlock. The occasional misplaced pass or someone (Youan for example in Hibs match) just performing at a decent level.... these things will always happen. But to connect the dots and for conisistency, Scales is a known quantity and almost zero risk, whereas someone new may not turn out great.

Criticial analysis is in my DNA. If someone played/plays under Robson and I feel they aren't performing well, then likelihood is, I'll pass comment. But by and large, the starting 11 every week under Robson, played brilliant. Hence why we went on a run and conceded so few. No shock then, that he wanted to get the nucleus of that side back, in the shape of MacDonald, Shinnie, Clarkson and to an extent, Pollock and Scales. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

The highlights here show you how poor Scales can be, first chance is poor defending from him, second Hearts chance is terrible but he makes a very good (maybe lucky) recovery) then there's the Shankland goal which is just horrific defending from him, even the last chance where Clarkson makes a great clearance Scales is lagging behind the Hearts player even though it's clear where the danger is.

Fortunately, you're as close to being our chief scout, head of recruitment or head coach, as the chances of Nessy showing up during a drive passed Loch Ness.
You dinnae rate him. We get it. Robson does. End of.

4 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Develop him for Celtic? Clearly he won't form part of their plans, hence why they are happy for him to go on loan or be sold.

As for mistakes - well no shit Sherlock. The occasional misplaced pass or someone (Youan for example in Hibs match) just performing at a decent level.... these things will always happen. But to connect the dots and for conisistency, Scales is a known quantity and almost zero risk, whereas someone new may not turn out great.

Criticial analysis is in my DNA. If someone played/plays under Robson and I feel they aren't performing well, then likelihood is, I'll pass comment. But by and large, the starting 11 every week under Robson, played brilliant. Hence why we went on a run and conceded so few. No shock then, that he wanted to get the nucleus of that side back, in the shape of MacDonald, Shinnie, Clarkson and to an extent, Pollock and Scales. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Played brilliant, fucking hell, you really do have low standards, shipping 100+ chances against utter shite like Killie, County and United.

2 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Fortunately, you're as close to being our chief scout, head of recruitment or head coach, as the chances of Nessy showing up during a drive passed Loch Ness.
You dinnae rate him. We get it. Robson does. End of.

There are plenty more examples of him being poor, it's not really a gripe with Robson btw, it's the recruitment team and their failure to find someone better, very lazy to go in for Scales again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Must have been watching different games to me pal.

No sorry, give me a few days i'll get back to you with some 'highlights'  if i can be arsed trawling through the last 11 games when he wasn't suspended. Sure he put in a few good tackles and blocks but so did Stewart.  He got absolutely ragdolled heaps.  Gave cheap fouls away and was generally average.  We can do better for the money.

11 minutes ago, minijc said:

Thanks Minijc

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

But by and large, the starting 11 every week under Robson, played brilliant.

Lol. What games were you watching?

45 mins v Hearts and the hun game aside, the performances under Robson were generally poor, with Roos and the defence bailing us out just about every game.

Grinding out results and playing “brilliant” are 2 very different things. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1

I genuinely wouldn't pay more than £250k for Scales. He's average. 

As I've said previously - I don't see him as being any better than Fitzwater who is available on a free and from the games I remember over the last couple of seasons he's stood out more than Devlin.

Mini has mentioned another name that I've not heard of but ultimately we should be telling Celtic to jog on, there are alternatives out there who will be equally as good/bad.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Or £2m for McRorie, whom many on here didn't rate? Celtic don't need to sell for what they would see as sweeties. They know they'd get £1m by selling to a Championship side if they started marketing him as such. When dealing with players from Celtic or Sevco, unfortunately, we'll always been asked to pay through the nose, unless we sweeten the deal as we did with the Scott Wright move.

Well McRorie was a starter for us and there’s a different between a player fans don’t rate, and a player the manager doesn’t rate.

Do you think Rodger’s is planning to use Scales in many games this year?

22 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I genuinely wouldn't pay more than £250k for Scales. He's average. 

As I've said previously - I don't see him as being any better than Fitzwater who is available on a free and from the games I remember over the last couple of seasons he's stood out more than Devlin.

Mini has mentioned another name that I've not heard of but ultimately we should be telling Celtic to jog on, there are alternatives out there who will be equally as good/bad.

Agree.

Celtic don’t even need Scales, their squad is bloated and they need to move players out so Rodger’s can spend in new additions.

They are taking the piss if they think they should get £1m for a player they want rid of and have no use for.

Might as well wait and see if anyone buys him and if not check what the asking price is a few hours before the window closes.

1 minute ago, Helmet said:

Agree.

Celtic don’t even need Scales, their squad is bloated and they need to move players out so Rodger’s can spend in new additions.

They are taking the piss if they think they should get £1m for a player they want rid of and have no use for.

Might as well wait and see if anyone buys him and if not check what the asking price is a few hours before the window closes.

He wouldnt manage to get in to the european squad for them and I doubt he'd make the domestic match day squad more than a very occasional game.

His value to them is near zero

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind another loan if we get an option to buy him at the end of the season for less than they want now (he will have a year less on his contract so should be cheaper). Or get him on loan but keep looking for a cheaper alternative of at least equal quality.  

I thought he was decent in the back 3. Pollock was definitely better defensively and probably MacDonald too, but Scales was the one who did look best out the 3 when bringing the ball into midfield and was actually decent on the ball 

14 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Agree.

They can ask for whatever they want,  just like we do for our players 

Agree with others about being reluctant to part with close to £0.5m for Scales, doesn’t seem good value for money. It’s also not part of our model (rightly or wrongly). For that sort of cash we would want to be able to develop and sell him for a couple of £m, which doesn’t seem realistic 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Ah right

Well, if we want him, then whatever they want?

Just the same as when we sell anyone

Well no, we pay what we think he’s worth  and part of that is what we think they would get for him.

If they’ve a buyer at £1m, good luck to them.

I’d prefer we offer a low fee right now and see if he becomes cheaper in a few weeks when they bring more players in and he’s even further down the order.

22 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Well no, we pay what we think he’s worth  and part of that is what we think they would get for him.

If they’ve a buyer at £1m, good luck to them.

I’d prefer we offer a low fee right now and see if he becomes cheaper in a few weeks when they bring more players in and he’s even further down the order.

Haha

Us offering an amount is absolutely nothing to do with what they can get from someone else

Away you go