Alan Burrows

5 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Fan engagement is super important, but not really what a CEO at a club of our size is all about surely? I'm more interested in his implementation of board strategies, together with his own ideas of how we grow the club financially and on the pitch. Much work to be done with our horseshit council in acquiring land/funding for a new stadium etc. Tweets about away shirts etc, is all great stuff, but we don't need a PR rep - we need an astute businessman.

Is highlighting the success of a club product, that is by its success growing the club financially, not part of his job.

Not astute to point out,on a very public forum, it's success for potential commercial partners...or just the existing ones like texo and Adidas...

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Give the lad a chance.  He's only been here a few months. 

Record season ticket sales and record shirt sales so far.  Also projects a professional yet fan friendly presence. 

We've been trying to get funding for a stadium for 20 years without success. He's not going to change that in a couple of months. 

12 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

Is highlighting the success of a club product, that is by its success growing the club financially, not part of his job.

Not astute to point out,on a very public forum, it's success for potential commercial partners...or just the existing ones like texo and Adidas...

Both relevant points, but unfortunately not really where I was heading with my thoughts. Giving him a glowing report on what he's done publically so far is awesome - good vibes and all that. Just stating that that's not essentially what his job is about. Was there not some chat when we appointed him, about his perceived lack of experience and that at Motherwell, wasn't that long ago that he was the website guy? Truly belive he'll do very well for us, but one swallow doesn't make a summer as they say - let's see what he does in the next 6-12 months and for that, I wish him the very best of luck.

22 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Both relevant points, but unfortunately not really where I was heading with my thoughts. Giving him a glowing report on what he's done publically so far is awesome - good vibes and all that. Just stating that that's not essentially what his job is about. Was there not some chat when we appointed him, about his perceived lack of experience and that at Motherwell, wasn't that long ago that he was the website guy? Truly belive he'll do very well for us, but one swallow doesn't make a summer as they say - let's see what he does in the next 6-12 months and for that, I wish him the very best of luck.

Ah poor Frunkie, having to dildo all my posts out of shear frustration of nae being liked. Sad, sad hunnery of the highest order chum.

3 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Fan engagement is super important, but not really what a CEO at a club of our size is all about surely? I'm more interested in his implementation of board strategies, together with his own ideas of how we grow the club financially and on the pitch. Much work to be done with our horseshit council in acquiring land/funding for a new stadium etc. Tweets about away shirts etc, is all great stuff, but we don't need a PR rep - we need an astute businessman.

I don't disagree with a word of what you say, but it's very early days and to his credit, he's very much started off on the right foot. 

9 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I don't disagree with a word of what you say, but it's very early days and to his credit, he's very much started off on the right foot. 

I'll not disagree with that in the slightest either. He's a man of the people character, which is a mile away from the likes of Keith Wyness or Gordon Bennett. Incidentally, the last decent CEO type person we had, was indeed, Dave Cormack.

9 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

REalistically what more is to have expected to do?
Record shirt sales, already surpassed best ever ST sales, club is seemingly commerically anyway doing better than in previous years (yes for arguements sake this could be down to Rob Wicks's hard work).

Burrows has enabled clear communication between fans and the club, wether it's via his twitter feed or appearing at events/on podcasts.

The major proof will be in the pudding when it comes to how the club performs on the pitch and how the new signings play

31 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

The major proof will be in the pudding when it comes to how the club performs on the pitch and how the new signings play

Really ? ….. Burrows is going to be responsible for the first team performance and results ?

What’s Robson getting paid to do ?

2 minutes ago, redone said:

Really ? ….. Burrows is going to be responsible for the first team performance and results ?

What’s Robson getting paid to do ?

Meaning Burrows is largely in charge of making sure we have the right manager/management team in place

Same criticism was rightfully pointed at Cormack when we had Glass/Goodwin as both were appointments made by Cormack/the infamous Football Monitoring Board

Ultimatley resutls down to Robson and the players however Burrows and co are being judged on why they recruit for these type of roles

1 hour ago, slippers said:

It’s quite mental anyone is levelling any type of criticism at Burrows thus far. Really hard to comprehend. 

Bear in mind that the person doing the criticising once suggested that a bunch of Top Reds do some shopping in Westhill as a PR stunt for the new stadium.

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, slippers said:

It’s quite mental anyone is levelling any type of criticism at Burrows thus far. Really hard to comprehend. 

Where is this criticism you speak of?

40 minutes ago, JumboJET said:

Bear in mind that the person doing the criticising once suggested that a bunch of Top Reds do some shopping in Westhill as a PR stunt for the new stadium.

Can you quote this so-called criticism? People are saying he's doing a good job so far, which I agree 100%. But it's only being measured on what has been 'riding the wave of success', for which was not really his doing. The ST sales and sales of away tops is all to do with Duk, Pollock, Shinnie, Clarkson and more importantly Robson. Sure, accentuate the positives. But the proof of his worth will be upon focussing on other issues. He's not just there as the mouthpiece of AFC and to be the guy to stand into the Cormack void. He's there to manage every key organisational aspect of the club.

As for PR stunt, well remembered and thanks for airing that again. Was a mastestroke of marketing advice that. I've plenty more mate. From someone who built a start up company from jack shit to a successful (albeit modest) position, mostly by sales and marketing, I think I know what I'm talking about.

11 hours ago, Granite95 said:

REalistically what more is to have expected to do?
Record shirt sales, already surpassed best ever ST sales, club is seemingly commerically anyway doing better than in previous years (yes for arguements sake this could be down to Rob Wicks's hard work).

Burrows has enabled clear communication between fans and the club, wether it's via his twitter feed or appearing at events/on podcasts.

Good points all round. I think we have every reason to be optimistic for next season so far, based on what we've seen from all areas of the club. 

• 3 weeks later...

They are right to be asking the questions though. 

Football is a short career, if you lose a chunk of it battling accusations and then are found not guilty, well, your career is still fucked. 

Pretty grim state of affairs really, and media largely responsible. 

I can understand players pulling together on this, any one of them could be accused next week

27 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Fucking hell, stupid bitch.

What's it to her if some players liked a post on twitter. Affects her life not one iota.

Such is her inherent misandry, it's escaped her completely that, if the law says he's completely innocent, they are not "victims".

• Upvote 1