Alan Burrows

On 2/9/2023 at 11:01 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

CEO heads the business and reports to the board. 

DoF leads the football department and reports to the CEO 

It just seems a bit overly complicated to me. Of course the CEO would be reporting to the board. If the DOF is responsible for the football ( bearing in mind it is a football club ) he would presumably be responsible for identifying and recruiting the new manager. The new manager would be reporting to him. Mr Gunn is not the most popular man with the fans on here, and by all accounts has been a successful administrator at AFC for a long time,  but will any new manager be happy with that reporting structure? Will that attract the right calibre of candidate?

The CEO role appears to involve “the business” but I am not sure a full blown business structure is needed for such an entity as AFC but I am maybe missing something. If the right man is recruited to manage the team  and recruit the players he wants, the roles of CEO/DOF might well be reasonably combined in my view.

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
3 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

His first official day on Monday, wonder if he'll be at Pittodrie tomorrow.

At least he can throw all the rejected managerial candidates that applied for Motherwell jobs cv’s straight in bin when going throw the Aberdeen applications. That should cut the stack in half at least 🤞

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 5:58 AM, muttonhumper said:

This boy is the business.

Brilliant at relaying info to, and interacting with, the fanbase.

Very transparent. 

Seems a genuinely good cunt.

Have to say even  I'm fairly impressed with his tenure thus far.

I agree, he seems to have been an inspired appointment. Let's hope he continues to deliver on his promise.

12 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I agree, he seems to have been an inspired appointment. Let's hope he continues to deliver on his promise.

Fan engagement is super important, but not really what a CEO at a club of our size is all about surely? I'm more interested in his implementation of board strategies, together with his own ideas of how we grow the club financially and on the pitch. Much work to be done with our horseshit council in acquiring land/funding for a new stadium etc. Tweets about away shirts etc, is all great stuff, but we don't need a PR rep - we need an astute businessman.

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

Fan engagement is super important, but not really what a CEO at a club of our size is all about surely? I'm more interested in his implementation of board strategies, together with his own ideas of how we grow the club financially and on the pitch. Much work to be done with our horseshit council in acquiring land/funding for a new stadium etc. Tweets about away shirts etc, is all great stuff, but we don't need a PR rep - we need an astute businessman.

Give the lad a chance.  He's only been here a few months. 

Record season ticket sales and record shirt sales so far.  Also projects a professional yet fan friendly presence. 

We've been trying to get funding for a stadium for 20 years without success. He's not going to change that in a couple of months. 

• Upvote 1