8 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

What was the deal here again?

Either of these chaps leaving the Hat if something did (or didn't) happen regarding Barron signing a contract.

One's memory requires refreshing.

One was to give up the hat for a year if he signed, cannot mind which one takes the ban if he signs.

6 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

One was to give up the hat for a year if he signed, cannot mind which one takes the ban if he signs.

He signs a new deal with us I stop posting for a year from midnight the day he signs.

He signs for someone else/leaves then Millertime stops posting for a year from midnight that day.

He signs for Huns & Millertime has to run through the weege in nothing but a bra screaming ‘I want to be a lesbian’

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He signs a new deal with us I stop posting for a year from midnight the day he signs.

He signs for someone else/leaves then Millertime stops posting for a year from midnight that day.

He signs for Huns & Millertime has to run through the weege in nothing but a bra screaming ‘I want to be a lesbian’

Haha it wouldn't take Connor not signing for me to do that!

• Haha 2
On 9/28/2023 at 8:47 AM, jamiesd said:

Really? gave the ball away a heap.  Caught in possession quite a lot also.  I will give him  Sunday but other than his fine pass to Miovski he was average.

I'm not sure this is accurate to say he gives the ball away a lot.

In my analysis, he tends to receive the ball in our half, fends off or deceives the first challenge, then gets the team moving forward.

He has a good ability to do this. Can get out of trouble if needed; has a range of passing; rarely concedes possession; usually plays sensible passes.

17 minutes ago, Gilwern said:

I'm not sure this is accurate to say he gives the ball away a lot.

In my analysis, he tends to receive the ball in our half, fends off or deceives the first challenge, then gets the team moving forward.

He has a good ability to do this. Can get out of trouble if needed; has a range of passing; rarely concedes possession; usually plays sensible passes.

He did on Wednesday in the game i watched. Had a cracking game Sunday though.

Would be fantastic to see a complete turn around, with Conor signing a new deal.

Above everything else Conor’s most important quality is that at his best he can influence matches. Whether you look at the other day, or the Glassball period - he has demonstrated the ability to take the midfield by the scruff of the neck. If he can start to do that consistently he can be an asset.

The comparison is with other young midfielders, like Polvara and Campbell, who are both good technical players, but more often than not look/looked lost in the middle of the park, or struggled to impact a game.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Would be fantastic to see a complete turn around, with Conor signing a new deal.

Above everything else Conor’s most important quality is that at his best he can influence matches. Whether you look at the other day, or the Glassball period - he has demonstrated the ability to take the midfield by the scruff of the neck. If he can start to do that consistently he can be an asset.

The comparison is with other young midfielders, like Polvara and Campbell, who are both good technical players, but more often than not look/looked lost in the middle of the park, or struggled to impact a game.

Good point. I think the thing that puts Barron in a different category from some of the others you mentioned is that he is constantly looking to take the ball, constantly moving to make himself available for a pass, and always looking to move it on quickly and if possible forward. As you say, that influences games more than others who can look tidy on the ball but don't use it as quickly or as well.

He's maybe got more self belief than some of the others too - he's played well for the Scotland U21s against some of the best players in his age group in Europe. Guess that gives you some confidence.

2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

If you ever listened to him when he was doing the RedTV games you can tell that he has a good footballing brain wants to be getting stuck in there all the time. He also has that bit of 'gallus' that Jimmy Jimmy said was often missed in teuchters

2 minutes ago, Russell said:

If you ever listened to him when he was doing the RedTV games you can tell that he has a good footballing brain wants to be getting stuck in there all the time. He also has that bit of 'gallus' that Jimmy Jimmy said was often missed in teuchters

Yeah I watch all the games on RedTV… he was always really good on it. Made me wonder about all the stories about him… always came across as a good lad, who loved the club and really enjoyed being involved. 

• Upvote 1
On 10/6/2023 at 12:29 PM, King Street Loon said:

A completely different player to Clarkson, but should be starting ahead of him on current form.

Offering a lot more than Clarkson at the mo, tho Leighton should be further up the pitch and not playing quarterback as Robson seems to want him to.

6 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Offering a lot more than Clarkson at the mo, tho Leighton should be further up the pitch and not playing quarterback as Robson seems to want him to.

Clarkson has been absolutely dreadful this season, don’t know what’s happening 

18 minutes ago, RUL said:

Clarkson has been absolutely dreadful this season, don’t know what’s happening 

Robson has to take a portion of the blame as Clarkson’s game isn’t launching 60 yard balls up to Duk.Play him further forward with Barron as a DM and let him pick the passes into Duk and Miovski we all know he is capable of.