6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Your McCrorie and Barron dream midfield isn't going to happen thurso. 

Wouldn’t call it the dream team but both miles better than one of the players who’s played way to much this season but they get slagged of way more on here

29 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think I do. When Ferguson, mclean and mckenna were getting slagged of here over and over again, I was telling everyone how good they were. 

The vast majority of fans and posters on here rated those 3 players, most were annoyed at McKenna and Ferguson for trying to get moves away when still under contract here.

39 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think I do. When Ferguson, mclean and mckenna were getting slagged of here over and over again, I was telling everyone how good they were. 

I think it was pretty fucking obvious how good they were.

As mini points out, most of the ire I can recall being aimed at them (Ferg and Mck) was for moves they were trying to engineer.

McLean, was pretty inconsistant when he first got here, so that was the reason for any flack he got. Once he got going I can't recall much if any sustained criticism.

46 minutes ago, thurso said:

Tbf he did look a good player last season..a spell in the reserves might help but we don't have a reserves team.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

The vast majority of fans and posters on here rated those 3 players, most were annoyed at McKenna and Ferguson for trying to get moves away when still under contract here.

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

I think it was pretty fucking obvious how good they were.

As mini points out, most of the ire I can recall being aimed at them (Ferg and Mck) was for moves they were trying to engineer.

McLean, was pretty inconsistant when he first got here, so that was the reason for any flack he got. Once he got going I can't recall much if any sustained criticism.

Ferguson and McLean were both called hun cunts, not good enough to make it in a big league to slow. I’m ripped only changed their tune on mclean when he signed for norwich and we got £500,000 with a loan back. Up until then he was supposedly off to sevco. 
Just because ferguson and mckenna wanted to move to supposedly higher leagues didn’t make them rubbish players like was being said. Same would go for Barton. 

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

LOL Thurso claiming to be a super scout for rating Bologna and Scotland player Lewis Ferguson, EPL and Scotland defender Scott McKenna and ex EPL midfielder Kenny McLean. Well done Thurso, some boy. 

Yep when I was saying they were good they were at Aberdeen at the time not what they went on to do after leaving us 

7 minutes ago, thurso said:

Ferguson and McLean were both called hun cunts, not good enough to make it in a big league to slow. I’m ripped only changed their tune on mclean when he signed for norwich and we got £500,000 with a loan back. Up until then he was supposedly off to sevco. 
Just because ferguson and mckenna wanted to move to supposedly higher leagues didn’t make them rubbish players like was being said. Same would go for Barton. 

Yep when I was saying they were good they were at Aberdeen at the time not what they went on to do after leaving us 

Barron has shown fuck all to suggest he could reach the levels of Ferguson and McLean, you're very obsessed by him and I think the clouds your judgement on him as a player.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Barron has shown fuck all to suggest he could reach the levels of Ferguson and McLean, you're very obsessed by him and I think the clouds your judgement on him as a player.

I’m far from obsessed by him. I just think he’s a very good young player who harshly gets criticised for seemingly not wanting to sign a new contract. 

12 minutes ago, thurso said:

Na he was shite at the huns. No chance he's getting a big move now.

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’m far from obsessed by him. I just think he’s a very good young player who harshly gets criticised for seemingly not wanting to sign a new contract. 

Well he was offered a new deal, he hasn't signed it and he's been no where near the level he showed last season.

35 minutes ago, thurso said:

Naw, wait the noo, we had a very capable player breaking through last year, this season injuries (CM)have built up within the course of the season and he’s been posted missing, he turns down a very good contract offer by all accounts because Celtic were sniffing about him, absolute charlatan, aw the talent in the world but “he’s better than us”, proven the other day with mcrorie and shinnie out, should have done a job for his hometown team that gave him his chance, instead sat huffing on the bench, abortion of a home grown youth player with a stinking attitude. 

38 minutes ago, minijc said:

Well he was offered a new deal, he hasn't signed it and he's been no where near the level he showed last season.

I still think he benefited massively last season from being the one glimmer of hope in a shite side & as such was possibly ‘overly’ praised/rated somewhat.

Ramsay started the season as the ‘gem’ in the team then injury/form kind of tailed off for him then Barron took over the ‘great white hope’ dream for us 🤣

Barron was decent for sure but more so was via dreams of his ‘potential’ to be great 

48 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Naw, wait the noo, we had a very capable player breaking through last year, this season injuries (CM)have built up within the course of the season and he’s been posted missing, he turns down a very good contract offer by all accounts because Celtic were sniffing about him, absolute charlatan, aw the talent in the world but “he’s better than us”, proven the other day with mcrorie and shinnie out, should have done a job for his hometown team that gave him his chance, instead sat huffing on the bench, abortion of a home grown youth player with a stinking attitude. 

I think he should be huffing on the bench when he doesn’t get on. No one should be happy on the bench I know I never was. 

If the manager doesn’t put him on that’s the managers choice it’s not as if he was told to go on and refused if he did then that would be huffing and people would be right to have a go at him 

12 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think he should be huffing on the bench when he doesn’t get on. No one should be happy on the bench I know I never was. 

If the manager doesn’t put him on that’s the managers choice it’s not as if he was told to go on and refused if he did then that would be huffing and people would be right to have a go at him 

The manager hasn’t put him on for a reason, the manager was his direct boss in charge of the youth teams so knows the player and knows his attitude changes, etc, it’s his attitude that’s the reason he’s not getting a game, and when he eventually does(hearts) he was posted missing, that’s not down to Robson, that’s down to him. A would genuinely let the wee arsehole leave for nothing, he’s shown his true colours, and it certainly ain’t red 

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

I’m being serious here and trying to put it nice as possible. You are genuinely clueless about football, it’s not even an opinion anymore. 

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Barron was pathetic on Saturday. He’s ridiculously slow to close down players and you wouldn’t even have noticed he was on the pitch. 

I don’t normally slag random strangers off on line but you are one of the biggest fucking idiots on here so I won’t take your opinion with a punch of salt. 

barron can’t close people down, which one of our midfielders was it that let their player put a cross in standing 4 yards off him with his hands behind his back for the hearts winner 🤔

3 hours ago, minijc said:

Has the club withdrawn that offer now or will he if a lack of offers materialise suddenly have a change  of heart and we are stuck with the Barron of now rather than previously 

I would hate another decent contract given then nowhere like his levels to be achieved eg Lewis 

21 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Game passed him by on Saturday, he had a few decent games last season but has since proved he is nowhere near good enough and he had the cheek to turn down a new deal

He’ll end up at Tranmere or Oxford or some such shite.

Aberdeen are the biggest club he’ll ever play for.

His agent has made a rip roaring cunt of it. 

• Upvote 2