Dons In Europe - 2023/24

4 hours ago, CCB III said:

What about that was stupid? 

Tangible silverware takes precedent over all the other nonsense fans chat about in the modern game. 

It's possible to have a European run and win a cup. Many might say a European run and the money that comes from it helps win domestic trophies.

That you were unaware of that is one of the many reasons why you're the village idiot.

• Haha 1

For the years 1903-1979 and 1986-2023 Aberdeen Football Club average 1 trophy every 12 and a half years. We had that incredible spell between 79 and 86 where we won more trophies in that 7 years than we have in the 113 years around it combined.

We'd all love us to win more cups, but the reality is we're currently on par over the past 35 years with our average for most of our history.

We were lucky and spoiled by that 7 year spell under Fergie which has made fans of today think we're bigger than we actually are.  We're never ever going to be a club that wins a cup every 3/4 years, no club in Scotland outwith the bigot brothers will ever do that consistently. Hearts have won 3 trophies in 60 years, Hibs 4 in 70, Dundee United 5 in their entire 114 year history.

Scottish football is a dud, always has been and always will be. Unless the huns and Celtic bugger off they'll always hoover up 90% of the trophies and the rest of us will pick up scraps once in a blue moon.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Let's get this going!!!

We're the Dons, from Aberdeen

And we're the third best, in the Scottish League

And we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it for you! 

Duk and Mioviski, and Shinnie too

Will lead us forward and take us through

And we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it for you! 

We've taken out team into Europe...

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

For the years 1903-1979 and 1986-2023 Aberdeen Football Club average 1 trophy every 12 and a half years. We had that incredible spell between 79 and 86 where we won more trophies in that 7 years than we have in the 113 years around it combined.

Would stretch that to 90 to include our cup double in 89-90 (biased though as I was at both finals). 

6 hours ago, Dunty said:

It's possible to have a European run and win a cup. Many might say a European run and the money that comes from it helps win domestic trophies.

That you were unaware of that is one of the many reasons why you're the village idiot.

Of course it's possible to do both. Where did I say we should fuck Europe off? I'm saying the point of interest for fans seems to have shifted, all I hear is shit about sell ons, coefficients blah blah. These things take care of themselves. 

What we want is a trophy. 

Of course more money coming in should mean better players, which in turn should then mean a better chance at domestic silverware. However, we've sold plenty assets over the years of me supporting Aberdeen and only played in 2 Scottish Cup Finals since 1995. 

It seems like you don't know what is being said.  

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Of course it's possible to do both. Where did I say we should fuck Europe off? I'm saying the point of interest for fans seems to have shifted, all I hear is shit about sell ons, coefficients blah blah. These things take care of themselves. 

What we want is a trophy. 

Of course more money coming in should mean better players, which in turn should then mean a better chance at domestic silverware. However, we've sold plenty assets over the years of me supporting Aberdeen and only played in 2 Scottish Cup Finals since 1995. 

It seems like you don't know what is being said.  

I get what you're saying. Looks at Spurs. Playing in a big league, often there or thereabouts domestically, have been to a major final, some world class players, fancy new stadium etc. But what have the to show for it trophy wise? Sweet FA. They're a bit of a laughing stock for it if anything.