Nicky Devlin

33 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Devlin is the prime example of why we still need to look closer to home for players. Foreign markets are great for the player sell on value but to have a competitive team in this league for the season we need more like devlin. 

Nail on heed.

Zero resale value, but we're going to have a decent player on our hands for the next few years.

15 hours ago, zander said:

Nail on heed.

Zero resale value, but we're going to have a decent player on our hands for the next few years.

Ideally you need to be buying foreign boys that are looking to use us as a stepping stone along with more experienced home growns where playing for us is their pinnacle and they know what playing for a club like Aberdeen means (a bit wanky sounding, I know)

18 hours ago, GDON21 said:

Devlin is the prime example of why we still need to look closer to home for players. Foreign markets are great for the player sell on value but to have a competitive team in this league for the season we need more like devlin. 

On occasion, we should be able to do both.  That’s why Baccus is a no brainer for me in January. We need a competitive, hard working midfielder to take some of the spade work out of Shinnies hands. An international player, who we could also turnaround for more wonga in years to come!

We should have pushed this one through as soon as Ramadanis exit appeared imminent. 

58 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

On occasion, we should be able to do both.  That’s why Baccus is a no brainer for me in January. We need a competitive, hard working midfielder to take some of the spade work out of Shinnies hands. An international player, who we could also turnaround for more wonga in years to come!

We should have pushed this one through as soon as Ramadanis exit appeared imminent. 

Totally agree with you. Baccus would be a great addition and knows what

is required in the Scottish game.

1 minute ago, Ramandu said:

A few more Devlins? We've been down that road already.

Mikey Devlin alongside Nicky Devlin at the back, with Cammy Devlin sitting in front of them. Tony Devlin (Portsmouth) and Paul Devlin in a more attack minded midfield role. That's about as good as we can do with the Devlins. Not convinced it'll work too well.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Mikey Devlin alongside Nicky Devlin at the back, with Cammy Devlin sitting in front of them. Tony Devlin (Portsmouth) and Paul Devlin in a more attack minded midfield role. That's about as good as we can do with the Devlins. Not convinced it'll work too well.

You would need another Devlin to cover for Mikey Devlin, after he breaks a toe and spends 3.5 years on the sidelines! Other than that, all good! 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, donswin1983 said:

Next club captain in my opinion and probably the start of next season! Touch of the Doug Rougvie’s about him, attitude, approach and determination wise.  Never stops. I think he feels almost privileged to play for the Dons. Love the lad! 
Been a brilliant signing! Find another one of him that plays on the left please! 

I like Devlin and he’s been one of our best and most consistent performers this season.   But none of our current players have anything remotely close to the attitude , approach and determination of Rougvie or any of the other first team squad from that era.

15 minutes ago, redone said:

I like Devlin and he’s been one of our best and most consistent performers this season.   But none of our current players have anything remotely close to the attitude , approach and determination of Rougvie or any of the other first team squad from that era.

Ha ha the era of him putting the ball plus a good chunk of Davie Provan into the 15th row then running 40 yards to protest that we didn't get the throw in.

Marvellous.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

I wonder if he is far away from an international call up

Too old (at least under normal circumstances). Even with the long term injury problems we have at left back, he's not going to get in ahead of Patterson and Hickey, even if Hickey has to be used at left back for the time being. But if both of those that I've named also pick up injuries in the interim, he might stand a bit of a chance, although you'd expect a now fit again Calvin Ramsay would also be ahead of him as cover.

Tbh I hope he's not needed and is allowed to concentrate on being the best he can be for us.

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

And Devlin Bluejeans as striker.