Nicky Devlin

Just now, muttonhumper said:

You can just see in his mannerisms and his general demeanour that he is fucking delighted to be at AFC.

He is one happy faced fucker. And a determined one too.

Given his prior career trajectory, and to get this chance of making an impact at a decent level at the age of 29, I think he will thrive with us.

I'm sure we're seeing evidence of this already.

Think I said before, I don't mind signing certain players from the likes of Livi as you tend to know what you are getting, proper grafters that don't give up and get stuck in, Nicky will run for days, has that dig about him too.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, muttonhumper said:

You can just see in his mannerisms and his general demeanour that he is fucking delighted to be at AFC.

Given his prior career trajectory, and to get this chance of making an impact at a decent level at the age of 29, I think he will thrive with us.

Yep

Definition of a "true pro"

7 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

You elaborated beautifully on my thoughts. 

• Thanks 1

He knocks his pan in! Came back brilliantly against Celtic after his fuck up for their goal and was outstanding after that, which takes character.

great finish/ run to get there tonight and overall played really well. He’s fucking rapid too! 
Think the loon will have a cracking season. Quality purchase from the club! 

• Like 1

To be fair I'd not really noticed him only ever seeing our games so only had "from Livi" to go on and was pensive. 

But Celtic howler aside he seems like me might be one to do a job for us. That goal was ridiculous and can't imagine we'll see (m)any of those, but his demeanour and attitude just seem perfect for what Robson is trying to put together. And I like it. :thumbup1:

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Roberto said:

He did pretty well in his natural position at his previous club...

Just saying like.

Did well on a plastic pitch playing a very specific style. 

Best game he's had for us is probably Livi away, which says a lot. Took his goal in Hacken really well but other than that been found massively wanting. 

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Best game he's had for us is probably Livi away, which says a lot. Took his goal in Hacken really well but other than that been found massively wanting. 

Sadly it appears on this forum people go from one player to another trashing them.Very sad.

• Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Think you are being harsh, a natural right back who has been shunted about most weeks and now asked to play as an inverted fullback coming inside to basically play midfield when we are in possession.  I'll judge him fully when the manager (or a new guy) uses him properly.

• Upvote 3
12 minutes ago, minijc said:

Think you are being harsh, a natural right back who has been shunted about most weeks and now asked to play as an inverted fullback coming inside to basically play midfield when we are in possession.  I'll judge him fully when the manager (or a new guy) uses him properly.

I don't need to answer further to CCB than this post really.

Next up for the criticism, Roos.

Working our way back now.

The problem isn't the players who have proven they can perform... so let's go back to the drawing board and rethink. Fairly simple.

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Distracts from the fact he's been piss poor

He hasn't been though, he looked poor on saturday, well more just clueless but that comes down to how we are set up and how the players are unstructured to play.  I don't mind inverted fullbacks but you need to have very skilled players further forward making the right moves, creating space and allowing them to advance up the field.

For me, we don't have the pace in the side, we are far too narrow when trying this and as highlighted by Neil fucking McCann one pass totally eliminates 5 of our players, it happened a lot in the first half away to Hacken as well, it's pure negligence from the manager and coaches to have not addressed that.