Thread O Conspiracies

Ke1t

Was it the cia or fbi that invented the ‘conspiracy theory’ to divert attention away from them after they killed a president?

we all know how the term is used these days - Pfizer had the world believing you were a conspiracy theorist and right wing nutter for suggesting that natural immunity is a good thing. Crazy social conditioning involved in that 

to drag up an old one though - Kony 2012.

That was a trial run at internet propoganda. They very quickly managed to convince young people that military intervention was the ONLY option. It consumed the masses for a while. 

On 6/7/2023 at 7:17 AM, Poodler said:

Was it the cia or fbi that invented the ‘conspiracy theory’ to divert attention away from them after they killed a president?

we all know how the term is used these days - Pfizer had the world believing you were a conspiracy theorist and right wing nutter for suggesting that natural immunity is a good thing. Crazy social conditioning involved in that 

to drag up an old one though - Kony 2012.

That was a trial run at internet propoganda. They very quickly managed to convince young people that military intervention was the ONLY option. It consumed the masses for a while. 

Lunatic, performance artist or both? 😆

It’s fair to assume that there’s a lot of stuff that happens that the powerful get up to that that don’t want us peasants knowing about. And considering what that they get up to in broad daylight, imagine what they’re capable of when they think no one’s watching. 

I generally can’t be arsed “jumping down the rabbit hole” so to speak as one thing conspiracy theorists are good at is making their ideas seems plausible. They’ve convinced themselves after all. 

It’s easier if you think probabilistically rather than in absolute terms. Do we know really know what happened to Kennedy or on 9/11? No but we know enough to be reasonably certain that there’s something a bit dodgy that has been hidden from us. So between the official narrative and the most crackpot theories there are bits and pieces you can put together to arrive at reasonable conclusions about what may actually have happened.

Generally speaking  the more people involved in a conspiracy the less probable it becomes. That doesn’t preclude a mass conspiracy due to group think. You also need to look at motivation. Dinosaurs being fake doesn’t really pass the sniff test for example unless you believe that’s it’s literally a satanic conspiracy to trick people into, believing that life on earth is hundreds of millions of years old (which isn’t really based on evidence but an a priori assumption about the nature of the world and therefore unfalsifiable - you either believe it or you don’t). 

That Epstein was operating a honeypot for the rich and powerful at the behest of intelligence services seems plausible as far as theories go. Not saying I think or know that’s the case, merely that it seems plausible based on what we know about him. 

My mate (a near 50 year old man) really believes the moon landings happened because he once met Aldrin.

he’s just forgone all reason and logic because Adlrin was a pleasant guy and thus won’t consider that it was all faked. Concerning integirty imo 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Poodler said:

My mate (a near 50 year old man) really believes the moon landings happened because he once met Aldrin.

he’s just forgone all reason and logic because Adlrin was a pleasant guy and thus won’t consider that it was all faked. Concerning integirty imo 

Sounds like your mate has zero integrity and the personality of an arsehole.

And a retarded woman’s hair do.

• Upvote 1

Diana HRH - murdered.

AIDS/HIV - Likely created in a lab somewhere.

Stock markets - always fixed w/insider knowledge to suit the biggest players.

Green technologies - deliberately bought and held back by oil companies.

Scottish football - bent beyond belief.

Russia Vs Ukraine - doing the West a fantastic favor by allowing it to serve as an excuse for the state of the global economy & for allowing governments around the world to spend on defense.  

4 hours ago, Poodler said:

How many people were involved in the Apollo missions then? 

ramandu you dork, it’s the conspiracy thread, if you don’t like conspiracies, away and shag ur bible

Ah c'mon. I know you're on the wind up, and fair enough.

Here's my conspiracy theory* about conspiracy theories:

1) People are uncomfortable with the idea of chaos**, and nobody being in charge. It's more comforting to think there's a controlling hand at work in the background, even if it's a malevolent hand.

2) Some peoples' intelligence outstrips their position in society. Those people are smarter than those around them. In the back of their minds they think there's something external holding them back, and they are used to knowing more than others around them. 

These two combine to make it attractive to believe that you can see through what others can't, and have some 'secret' knowledge', i.e. a conspiracy theory.

* More like Poundland psychology tbh.

** Not fridge, obviously, he loves it.

3 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

Diana HRH - murdered. - Tragic accident that saved her from being murdered! Mitchell and Webb nailed it - 

AIDS/HIV - Likely created in a lab somewhere. - No idea, don't care.

Stock markets - always fixed w/insider knowledge to suit the biggest players. - Not sure, enough of the "big players" have since gone under so how does that fit?

Green technologies - deliberately bought and held back by oil companies. - Historically yes, but now being re-introduced by oil companies. 

Scottish football - bent beyond belief. - Nuff said.

Russia Vs Ukraine - doing the West a fantastic favor by allowing it to serve as an excuse for the state of the global economy & for allowing governments around the world to spend on defense.  - Nah just the Russian bear trying to remain relevant.

Moon landings, I believe they happened and if not the Russians and Chinese would be creaming themselves to prove the USA never accomplished it.

If there's anyone who genuinely believes the Moon Landing was faked, I'm going to go ahead and point out that THIS...

spacer.png

...was considered State of the Art special effects in the same year we landed on the Moon. 

Now, given we couldn't even get the color of a dinosaur right, never mind animate it so it doesn't look like it's made out of plasticine and pipe cleaners, the chances of anyone being able to fake every aspect of landing on an extraterrestrial planet, and do so convincingly, are about the same as my chances of sticking my little fireman in Kate Middleton on live TV as the entire Royal Family cheer me on and throw money at me. 

14 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

If there's anyone who genuinely believes the Moon Landing was faked, I'm going to go ahead and point out that THIS...

spacer.png

...was considered State of the Art special effects in the same year we landed on the Moon. 

Now, given we couldn't even get the color of a dinosaur right, never mind animate it so it doesn't look like it's made out of plasticine and pipe cleaners, the chances of anyone being able to fake every aspect of landing on an extraterrestrial planet, and do so convincingly, are about the same as my chances of sticking my little fireman in Kate Middleton on live TV as the entire Royal Family cheer me on and throw money at me. 

Your GIF reminds me of this broadcasting gem...

Was this TV ad fake or did it actually happen?🤔

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

What colour is a dinosaur supposed to be?

A predatory animal tends to have colors and markings that blend in with the background, allowing it to creep slyly up on grazing gazelles or triceratops'.

Unless the natural habitat of your typical T-Rex and his prey was Neptune or the Pacific Ocean, the chances that bright blue was a sly color for cunning predators (Loved Jimmy Savile) are probably nil. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

Diana HRH - murdered.

AIDS/HIV - Likely created in a lab somewhere.

Stock markets - always fixed w/insider knowledge to suit the biggest players.

Green technologies - deliberately bought and held back by oil companies.

Scottish football - bent beyond belief.

Russia Vs Ukraine - doing the West a fantastic favor by allowing it to serve as an excuse for the state of the global economy & for allowing governments around the world to spend on defense.  

Well the Scottish football one I can go with, the rest are bollocks.