Thread O Conspiracies

Ke1t

20 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

We don't know this for certain. Not been around long enough to see long term impact. 

It's the most effective method of getting folk to stop smoking, so any effect has to be judged against the risks of smoking cigarettes. There's enough evidence that vaping is way safer, from long enough (stuff similar to vaping has been about for decades).

Not that it's important, but I've never smoked or vaped, and I think that people vaping look ridiculous. But it's been a fantastic way to get folk off cigarettes, and saved loads of lives. We should celebrate it.

17 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

It's the most effective method of getting folk to stop smoking, so any effect has to be judged against the risks of smoking cigarettes. There's enough evidence that vaping is way safer, from long enough (stuff similar to vaping has been about for decades).

Not that it's important, but I've never smoked or vaped, and I think that people vaping look ridiculous. But it's been a fantastic way to get folk off cigarettes, and saved loads of lives. We should celebrate it.

Why - its just leading to folk living longer, ageing population, taking more pension plus costing us more to look after them - let the folk that dont look after themselves die off due to natural selection/darwanism - leave more of the Earth to those that can look after themselves.

1 hour ago, Don Fonte said:

It is only poofters and women who vape surely so maybe they do.

Hands up to being a vaper. Smoked since I was 14, could never have kicked them without the vape. 

Can see the government going after it soon in the name of health but even the NHS endorse vaping as a means to kick the smokes. The disposable things should be made harder to buy, every ethnic shop is rammed with them and easily bought by kids.

I like the New Zealand plan for smoking, raise the legal buying age by 1 every year.

3 hours ago, Ramandu said:

If it's purely getting folk of cigs and then nicotine entirely, then smashing. However, it isn't. Like I said, guys at work vape now after having never smoked previously. 

they do look ridiculous though 

On 6/6/2023 at 8:05 PM, Ke1t said:

@tutankamun should have a fair bit of input into this particular Thread O, I would hope. 

David Grusch... whistleblower or bullshitter? 

I believe he believes everything he's saying.

Whether or not its true is an entirely different question.

Being an avid follower and listener to all things UFO/UAP I've been following this story with a lot of interest.

There's quite a few "mainstream" jounros in the US now pushing this forward so I'm expecting a lot more to come out.

My money is on CIA psyop but it only takes 1 of the hundreds of stories to be true to change everything.

3 hours ago, daytripping said:

Hands up to being a vaper. Smoked since I was 14, could never have kicked them without the vape. 

Can see the government going after it soon in the name of health but even the NHS endorse vaping as a means to kick the smokes. The disposable things should be made harder to buy, every ethnic shop is rammed with them and easily bought by kids.

I like the New Zealand plan for smoking, raise the legal buying age by 1 every year.

I joined the vaping club last month.

Still having the occasional cig but I've gone from 15-20g of tobacco a day to 50g a month. 

Its hard utilising the cannabis prescription I got myself last month without the tobacco. 

3 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

No such thing as addiction, complete myth. How can people stop smoking if they are "addicted" and have no control over it? 

It's like you have a spiritual side and a physical side to yourself. The spirit is weak for some time so you take on something like drink, or prescription meds then the physical side i.e. your body gets addicted to it. But if you're lucky your spiritual self starts to assert itself and overcomes your bodily cravings. It's like going on a type of diet but then staying on it. Best I can explain it. If you've never been addicted to something then well done.  

Just now, Dal Riata Don said:

It's like you have a spiritual side and a physical side to yourself. The spirit is weak for some time so you take on something like drink, or prescription meds then the physical side i.e. your body gets addicted to it. But if you're lucky your spiritual self starts to assert itself and overcomes your bodily cravings. It's like going on a type of diet but then staying on it. Best I can explain it. If you've never been addicted to something the well done.  

Jesus fucking Christ.