Slobodan Rubežić

14 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Saw he played near 80 mins for his 'new country' Montenegro on Thursday night in a 3-2 friendly v Lebanon. Wonder if he'll get a start v his 'old country' Serbia on Tuesday. Big game that, could see them up to 2nd ahead of Serbia.

He would still need some minutes in the game if Montenegro are looking to bagsy him for good. That Lebanon friendly is not gonna cut it

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

He would still need some minutes in the game if Montenegro are looking to bagsy him for good. That Lebanon friendly is not gonna cut it

If things are going very well (or very badly) for Montenegro v Serbia, it's easy enough to stick him on for the last 15 minutes or so to ensure he remains Montenegrin permanently.

Might be a more difficult thing to do in a close match, although I suppose even waiting to see how much injury time is due to be played and firing him on with a couple of minutes to go of it as a time wasting opportunity would still achieve the same ultimate outcome.

No matter what, it's good for us as a club. Just by being a full international, he's probably added about £500k onto his value in the transfer market as a minimum and the more experience he gets at that level can only be good for him when going back to playing at club level.

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

No matter what, it's good for us as a club. Just by being a full international, he's probably added about £500k onto his value in the transfer market as a minimum and the more experience he gets at that level can only be good for him when going back to playing at club level.

And, it gives Barry an excuse to trot out the “tired” excuse.

Any opportunity…..😂😂

7 hours ago, a don in oz said:

Good interview with him on RedTV.

They showed the penalty given against him via Ross County from video taken by the Jordi bloke who is our analyst... reverse angle and clear as day he never touched the other player. 

Anyway, apart from that, it was a good watch. 

Yeah terrible decision .I must admit I thought Robson was joking about no penalty.

6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Refs and fellow officials fucking hate AFC.

I don't watch domestic games not involving AFC, so I don't know how it is for other clubs, but the number of 'odd' decisions against us is fucking incredible.

"These things even themselves out over the course of the season" we're told. 

Not for us they fucking don't. 

16 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I don't watch domestic games not involving AFC, so I don't know how it is for other clubs, but the number of 'odd' decisions against us is fucking incredible.

Exactly. That particular spin the pundits and journos perennially state is a fucking lie.

This season and last season completely counters that notion in terms of decisions for us but, more to the point, decisions against us. 

22 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

9 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Exactly. That particular spin the pundits and journos perennially state is a fucking lie.

This season and last season completely counters that notion in terms of decisions for us but, more to the point, decisions against us. 

Ross County had a contentious one ruled out against Dundee last night. Bizarre decisions happen fairly regularly to every team outside Celtic and Rangers. I think there's a level of scrutiny on referees (for example there was a fair amount of pundits questioning the Shinnie saga) but not to anywhere near the same degree when it affects those two when there is usually a meltdown.

It's such a depressing facet of Scottish football which has worsened with VAR and in all likelihood won't improve any time soon.

Just now, Sheeptastic said:

Ross County had a contentious one ruled out against Dundee last night. Bizarre decisions happen to every team outside Celtic and Rangers. I think there's a level of scrutiny on referees (for example there was a fair amount of pundits questioning the Shinnie saga) but not to anywhere near the same degree when it affects those two when there is usually a meltdown.

It's such a depressing facet of Scottish football which has worsened with VAR and in all likelihood won't improve any time soon.

You are absolutely spot on in your summary loon.👍

Bewildering, mind-blowing decisions effect 10 out of 12 teams in our division. The poison are rarely effected, if at all.

VAR acts as a shield to conveniently hide behind for the prejudicial and knowingly wrong decisions made by the on-field natch referee. I fucking hate VAR as it has completely eradicated any minute particle of fairness and competitiveness that was left in our game.