Slobodan Rubežić

21 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

To put Kiriakov’s signing into chronological contest, we signed him a matter of weeks before a high flying Oasis would play much anticipated shows at Knebworth and Loch Lomond. Was at the latter. Mental. 

And I’d totally forgotten that he went on play for Airdrie and Raith after us. 

I'd wager that so have both teams fans!

15 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Signed them both after/during Euro '96.

Possibly just before as I recall watching Bulgaria and knowing Kiriakov would be playing for us the coming season.

He started v Spain, where Tsvetanov came on as sub, then Tsanko started v Romania and France.

Haha yep that's what I remember too

Was there not a game ha marked gazza out the game?

Famagusta?

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha yep that's what I remember too

Was there not a game ha marked gazza out the game?

Famagusta?

The press effectively decided that it was solely that performance that drew Aberdeen towards signing him. 

To be fair he definitely had Gazza in his back pocket that night. Which may explain his injury issues. Gazza wasn’t light and with all the cocaine and Newcastle Brown a strain or pull was likely. 

5 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

The press effectively decided that it was solely that performance that drew Aberdeen towards signing him. 

To be fair he definitely had Gazza in his back pocket that night. Which may explain his injury issues. Gazza wasn’t light and with all the cocaine and Newcastle Brown a strain or pull was likely. 

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Big+Roy's+sacking+changed+my+life.-a060693847

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Have you ever considered the benefits to humanity of you leaping off the top of the Forth Road Bridge?

You clearly know fuck all btw

Nasty wee human being aren’t you?, no wonder the nhs is in trouble with cunts like you were in it. 

#suicideinyoungmenisaproblem.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

We used to go to rileys in the summer holidays, think you could get a table all day for a tenner. Kiriakov 9 times out of 10 was next to us chain smoking cigars. Legend.

I've got similar memories.. I'm wondering if you actually might have been in my year at school... you went to Oldmachar didn't you Dazzy?

He was pretty good last night - was slobbering all over their striker wherever he went. If he went out wide, Ruby was there, if he dropped short to the half way line, Ruby followed him, never gave the guy a second's peace. He's suited to defending against that type of striker - it's up against strikers with pace that he's going to struggle.