Jamie McGrath

Just now, Andy_123 said:

There was one point in the first half where Miovski was at the edge of the box just about through on goal and Polvara just ran right infront of him and blocked the chance of a shot. It was so stupid. Something you probably wouldn't even see at Hazlehead or Sheddocksley on a Sunday morning.

Technically he's decent but agree he doesn't have the brain to play at European / top end of the SPFL every week (yet). A year as understudy to Ramadani would have helped him, it's a pity he's gone . Hopefully whoever comes in to replace him can take Polvara under his wing for this season, as I don't think he's far away from being a useful player for us.

I definitely think he should be offered an extension as well.

Having a skim through twitter this morning the things popping up are making me giggle. 

The day he signed the  loud minority on there were making on this guy was fucking shite and a complete panic signing- Anyone who’s seen the guy play knows he’s a player. 

Then after Thursday they are all wanking like fuck about the guy as if he’s modern day Zidane. 

Hard to read some of the takes on there at times. 

I said on here as soon as he signed he was an upgrade on Ramdani and hopefully he continues to prove me right- time will tell. 

• Upvote 5
3 hours ago, REDRODDIE said:

Having a skim through twitter this morning the things popping up are making me giggle. 

The day he signed the  loud minority on there were making on this guy was fucking shite and a complete panic signing- Anyone who’s seen the guy play knows he’s a player. 

Then after Thursday they are all wanking like fuck about the guy as if he’s modern day Zidane. 

Hard to read some of the takes on there at times. 

I said on here as soon as he signed he was an upgrade on Ramdani and hopefully he continues to prove me right- time will tell. 

I don't think he's an upgrade on Rama. That guy was a very good player.

Agree with the reaction of our support though - it's like someone with bi-polar.

After the Stirling game we were shite, in real trouble, Robson clueless, most the team shite, the recruitment dept terrible etc etc. We sign Jensen and McGrath and the whole mood changed, and that was before we saw McGrath's brief cameo.

44 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I don't think he's an upgrade on Rama. That guy was a very good player.

Agree with the reaction of our support though - it's like someone with bi-polar.

After the Stirling game we were shite, in real trouble, Robson clueless, most the team shite, the recruitment dept terrible etc etc. We sign Jensen and McGrath and the whole mood changed, and that was before we saw McGrath's brief cameo.

I think the mood changed (new additions plus return of injured) as we can stop playing people out of position and take out squad players and put internationally capped players on the pitch.  Finally having squad players on the bench strengthens the threadspare reserves.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, REDRODDIE said:

Actually proving me right, I was delighted when we signed him - did not get the negativity.

Most folk who’ve watched Scottish football could see he was a player. 

Excellent business getting him in the door. 

Well we've had worse days, Rodders...

spacer.png

• Haha 1
On 8/25/2023 at 10:37 PM, Andy_123 said:

There was one point in the first half where Miovski was at the edge of the box just about through on goal and Polvara just ran right infront of him and blocked the chance of a shot. It was so stupid. Something you probably wouldn't even see at Hazlehead or Sheddocksley on a Sunday morning.

Technically he's decent but agree he doesn't have the brain to play at European / top end of the SPFL every week (yet). A year as understudy to Ramadani would have helped him, it's a pity he's gone . Hopefully whoever comes in to replace him can take Polvara under his wing for this season, as I don't think he's far away from being a useful player for us.

Polvara was shite.

Had some great opportunities and bizarrely gave balls away a few times when we had great breaks.

Like really bad ball control.

4 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Polvara was shite.

Had some great opportunities and bizarrely gave balls away a few times when we had great breaks.

Like really bad ball control.

Come away. Ran his arse off and tactically really good in that set up, like he was in Frankfurt. 

It's telling he's getting minutes against the better sides we'll play. 

We've needed this type of player for a while. Probably since Christie tbh. 

Someone who can take the ball on the half turn, carry the ball and link midfield with attack. 

I hope this lad settles down now after a bit of a scattergun career since leaving St Mirren and shows his best as he's definitely got the technical ability to do a job for us. 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Come away. Ran his arse off and tactically really good in that set up, like he was in Frankfurt. 

It's telling he's getting minutes against the better sides we'll play. 

It's very telling. 

Thought he would play, as thought we'd set up like we did against Frankfurt. 

Polvara is always going to have his doubters, mostly because he's American, but I think he's decent and one of those under appreciated players in the eyes of the fans, but not in the dressing room.

I like him and hope he goes from strength to strength. 

10 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

It's very telling. 

Polvara is always going to have his doubters, mostly because he's American, but I think he's decent and one of those under appreciated players in the eyes of the fans, but not in the dressing room.

I think it's more to do with him being pretty mediocre.

He gets minutes against these better sides as he's seen as an outball due to his height and tbf to him, he's ok-ish in that role. We have at least 4 better midfielders than him imo though.

25 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

It's very telling. 

You're right, I think. 

Hope he's class yet.

11 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I think it's more to do with him being pretty mediocre.

He gets minutes against these better sides as he's seen as an outball due to his height and tbf to him, he's ok-ish in that role. We have at least 4 better midfielders than him imo though.

He's not been an out all due to his height? What the fuck are you watching? 

He's played in a compact midfield, done the running and is clearly trusted to have the composure to find a pass when we break or need to keep the ball. 

Out ball 😂 

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

He's not been an out all due to his height? What the fuck are you watching? 

He's played in a compact midfield, done the running and is clearly trusted to have the composure to find a pass when we break or need to keep the ball. 

Out ball 😂 

What the fuck you been watching? He's probably the least composed player in the squad. 

And keep the ball???? Shinnie, Clarkson, McGrath and Barron are all better at holding into the ball than him.

Plenty balls fired high out of defense yesterday when under pressure. He managed to win a fair few headers, that's the only attribute he has over all those other midfielders. That scenario is more likely to happen when playing against better teams that put us under pressure.

He might play against Helsinki but I doubt he'll be in the starting line up against St Johnstone, the better ball players will definitely be in for that one