Aberdeen 1 - 3 BK Häcken

13 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Fair odds. They are decent. I don’t get this thinking that we have to turn up and that’s it. 

2/1 at home with a full crowd, that's more than fair odds.

Only doubt in my mind is that Almaty game, we shit it that night with a full house. New attitude these days now though, we'll bend them over.

10 minutes ago, daytripping said:

2/1 at home with a full crowd, that's more than fair odds.

Only doubt in my mind is that Almaty game, we shit it that night with a full house. New attitude these days now though, we'll bend them over.

Very true min and the same notion applies to the games against Maribor and, the following season, against Apollon Limassol, albeit they were first leg games and although we beat the latter at Pittodrie, we should have been out of sight. 

I cannot envisage it being like that on Thursday night though. Like you say, a new unwavering gritty attitude is evident in this Aberdeen side. 👍

20:45 CET - Aberdeen (Pittodrie Stadium)
Aberdeen FC (SCO) - BK Häcken (SWE)
Referee: Daniel Siebert (GER)
Assistant Referee 1: Jan Seidel (GER)
Assistant Referee 2: Rafael Foltyn (GER)
Fourth Official: Florian Badstübner
UEFA Referee Observer: Alexandru Deaconu (ROU)

Very experienced German referee on Thursday. Recently refereed at the World Cup and had the first leg of the Europa League semi between Juventus and Sevilla in May.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, starryfish said:

20:45 CET - Aberdeen (Pittodrie Stadium)
Aberdeen FC (SCO) - BK Häcken (SWE)
Referee: Daniel Siebert (GER)
Assistant Referee 1: Jan Seidel (GER)
Assistant Referee 2: Rafael Foltyn (GER)
Fourth Official: Florian Badstübner
UEFA Referee Observer: Alexandru Deaconu (ROU)

Very experienced German referee on Thursday. Recently refereed at the World Cup and had the first leg of the Europa League semi between Juventus and Sevilla in May.

He's a hun, we're in trouble.

• Haha 1
On 8/25/2023 at 8:55 AM, Frank Grimes said:

Unfortunately it now turns oot I’m in Glasgow next Thursday for work :cry:

Any weegie Dandies care to recommend a suitable bar to watch the game in?

The Rock still the place to go?

Coopers, (Great Western Road), or The State Bar (Holland Street) is where I watch games.

Coopers has some Patrick Thistle regalia up, but is patronised by all kinds of supporters.  I was concerned to see a rainbow flag the last time I was in, but I presume that was just a sop for pride month.

The State is a traditional pub - some sellick types malign it as a hun pub, but its not really as shown by the famous incident when they refused service to orangemen who had come in wearing their cheap uniforms.  You do get huns in it at times, but in the same way as you sometimes get dogs in it too.  There's no mistaking a real hun pub, you can usually smell it before you see it.

If it was going to be busy, I would recommend Coopers as its more spacious, but I doubt either will be too busy for our game on a Thursday.  If you want pub food, go to Coopers.  Its near Kelvinbridge Underground.

4 hours ago, wanderingscotty said:

Haken have a big game tomorrow so will be taking the game seriously and playing their best players, nae resting folk for sure.
It's a derby game against IFK Goteburg with a chance to finish the day top of the league.

I hope its full of savage tackling / fighting and leaves all their players gassing at the end of it 👍

Robson needs to ditch this 3-1-4-2 pish & the long ball shite.

Go 4 at the back.

Roos. 
Devlin MacDonald Jensen McGarry. 
           New signing? Shinnie. 
         Morris Clarkson Duk. 
                    Miovski 

Cant believe I’m asking for Morris to be in but with the formation above I can’t think of an alternative. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Go 4 at the back.

Roos. 
           New signing? Shinnie. 
         Morris Clarkson Duk. 
                    Miovski 

Cant believe I’m asking for Morris to be in but with the formation above I can’t think of an alternative. 

I'm not even sure that MacDonald deserves to stay in the side after today. He was comically bad but a lack of alternatives (with Rubezic even worse) means yeah, he stays in by default.. Jensen, need to see more of but stays in because MacKenzie is the alternative.

Defensive midfielder urgently required. And I'm thinking that selling Duk might not be the worst thing in the world if a decent offer comes in. He's looked pretty disinterested since the season started.

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Go 4 at the back.

Roos. 
           New signing? Shinnie. 
         Morris Clarkson Duk. 
                    Miovski 

Vinnie ? 

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm not even sure that MacDonald deserves to stay in the side after today. He was comically bad but a lack of alternatives (with Rubezic even worse) means yeah, he stays in by default.. Jensen, need to see more of but stays in because MacKenzie is the alternative.

Defensive midfielder urgently required. And I'm thinking that selling Duk might not be the worst thing in the world if a decent offer comes in. He's looked pretty disinterested since the season started.

MacDonald was poor today, but I’m concerned about what I see of Rubezic. 
Robson says we might bring one in. 
Suggests Gueye. 
To not bring in another midfielder would be criminal because it’s clear we need at least one. 
Shinnie’s lost a yard, Polvara is not up to it & Ramadani hasn’t been replaced 

I’d be happy with a good quality loan midfielder coming in 

• Upvote 4