Stefan Gartenmann

24 minutes ago, englishred said:

We are desperate for some quality in midfield. Polvara is fine for example but he is developing, we need people in their prime. Even shinnie struggles at times now 

Yes I wonder if the board will double down,  diagnose the problem as being playing personnel and buy in for bazza in winter window.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Turra red said:

On Wednesday night especially I thought the fault wasn't with our defence. They dealt with the majority of attacks well however when your midfield is non existent you will always struggle to thwart every attack. 

I think the defence could be solid and in attack we are well equipped, it's the engine room that's wrong and robson wont change it.

Killie had 2 free headers from corners, in the 6 yard box and the boy that scored the worldy had about 10 mins to control and hit the shot.
Our defending of crosses is shocking and has been all season. 

i do prefer McDonald over Ruby though. McDonald was probably our best player from what I saw..

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

He was so bad today and then fact he played the whole game tells you how poor Robson is, this horrific 5 at the back just will not work in the SPL but thicko Robson just cannot see it

You'd like to think the results would give him a clue about that? Yep, like most footballers, an absolutely thick twat! 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

He looked okay when he first came.

I’ll genuinely not judge the players under this cunt. 

He's not a bad player, but right now he needs taken out of the team for his own good.

Occurred to me earlier when the Strongest 11 thread resurfaced, i have no idea what our best 11 is as Robson has made us less than the sum of our parts collectively and individually.

Who knows what a decent manager could achieve with these players? There's genuine talent in this squad.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Exactly. 

We don't have the great squad many people think we have. 

Not a great squad, but outwith the Glasgow clubs i still believe on paper at least we're the strongest. There are definitely a few players who aren't good enough, but that's true of any club. Right now it's the formation and strategy letting us down.

59 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

He's looked tired of late and he's bereft of confidence. Doing neither the team nor the player any good persisting with his selection.

The whole defence (team ?) is bereft of confidence. 

It's laughable watching the 5 at the back being unable to actually mark any single opposition player. A random ball into our box causes utter panic, and forwards are just strolling into the gaps between Rubezic/Gartenmann/Jensen with all the ease in the world.

The full backs are a car crash (I'll give Devlin a pass mark because he at least puts himself about) and every single opposition attack....no matter if it's Celtic or Livi....looks like it'll end up in a goal. 

And yet we persist in doing the same thing week after week. Fucking madness. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Schapenneuker said:

The whole defence (team ?) is bereft of confidence. 

It's laughable watching the 5 at the back being unable to actually mark any single opposition player. A random ball into our box causes utter panic, and forwards are just strolling into the gaps between Rubezic/Gartenmann/Jensen with all the ease in the world.

The full backs are a car crash (I'll give Devlin a pass mark because he at least puts himself about) and every single opposition attack....no matter if it's Celtic or Livi....looks like it'll end up in a goal. 

And yet we persist in doing the same thing week after week. Fucking madness. 

That for me above all else is the reason Robson needs to go, his inability to learn.

8 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Not a great squad, but outwith the Glasgow clubs i still believe on paper at least we're the strongest. There are definitely a few players who aren't good enough, but that's true of any club. Right now it's the formation and strategy letting us down.

Yes I agree we should be getting more from what we've got but we've got issues in the first eleven regardless of formation. 

We have one half decent full back at the club. And even he got hooked today as we've flogged him for 6 months and he looks fucked. 

We've got a terrible balance in midfield regardless of selection.  And they're mostly tiny which is fine when you're Xavi and Iniesta but they're getting ragdolled week in week out in Scottish football. 

We've not got a single wide player you'd have confidence in. 

Outside Devlin and Miovski (and Roos due to lack of competition) you'd struggle to name anyone else nailed on for a first team start. 

1 hour ago, Dons21 said:

He’s horse shit. How he continues to play ahead of McDonald or even Williams, says everything about the gingers clueless, stubborn attitude. 

What is laughable is i expect Williams to make a few appearances for Liverpool when he returns there unless they sell him.  How he's not even made an appearance given the shit we have is just mad.  

1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

Strolled it today

It's amazing the difference though (unsurprisingly) that the system change has

Rather than them being under relentless pressure to defend, they have periods where we keep the ball and attack which of course will help the defence out

Keep playing like this and the players will start to show us just how good they really are

Clarkson today was immense, as we all know he can be