Stefan Gartenmann

7 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Memo to Barry

We have heaps of defenders, why do we need another one ?

The priority for the transfer window was a stellar midfield player as the midfield is weak

Just seems strange to add yet another one to squad and another wage in that position

Probably because we're still playing players out of position. Devlin at RCB has meant Morris at RWB. This gives us options in CB, which moves Devlin out to RWB (hopefully) and that immediately seems far more effective and balanced than what we're currently doing.

I suspect we have tried and failed, maybe multiple times, to get a stellar midfielder. I don't think for a second it wasn't a priority and the club didn't try because it was obvious.

Anyway, welcome the Dane to the Dons.

9 minutes ago, minijc said:

At the very most he's played 13 games there out of 200, lets fucking knock the idea of this on the head now, thanks.

Absolutely.

He'll work with the players he has got and he'll possibly chuck in Devlin or Hayes for experience very occasionally in the event we are at the bare bones

33 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Absolutely.

He'll work with the players he has got and he'll possibly chuck in Devlin or Hayes for experience very occasionally in the event we are at the bare bones

Tord, for the love o fuck, please stop going on about Hayes in midfield, you were pushing it last season and he didn't get used there, get that idea out of your heid plz, thanks.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Tord, for the love o fuck, please stop going on about Hayes in midfield, you were pushing it last season and he didn't get used there, get that idea out of your heid plz, thanks.

I've always liked Hayes because he never hides and plays with passion. But I think the game has passed him by.

15 hours ago, Millertime said:

Hayes did have a spell centre mid did he not and I think did well, from memory!?

Yes. He was quite effective through the middle for a little while.

I know mini was saying we might as well forget Hayes as a winger but if we ever do change from 3 at the back I’d like to see if he can still be effective on the wing.