January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

21 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Besuijin seemingly in talks with a Dutch 2nd division side, Den Haag are in the 2nd tier so possibly them?

Best for all parties if he moves on. 

Like most people would like to see a DM brought in along with a winger or two.

In terms of outs, better for Milne and Duncan they head out on loan for more experience rather than spending time on our bench.

2 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Best for all parties if he moves on. 

Like most people would like to see a DM brought in along with a winger or two.

In terms of outs, better for Milne and Duncan they head out on loan for more experience rather than spending time on our bench.

Milne will probably be kept as right back cover. If we put duncan out on loan it should be to a semi decent team, not to some shite like Elgin City otherwise it’s just pointless.

2 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Milne will probably be kept as right back cover. If we put duncan out on loan it should be to a semi decent team, not to some shite like Elgin City otherwise it’s just pointless.

If we stick to a back four there's less need to hang on to Milne for the next few months.

I reckon him and Duncan should be on loan to at least a Scottish Championship or EL2 team where they are going to get a lot of game time.  Better that than our bench. 

20 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Agree, for 19/20 yr olds to be getting zero minutes, or as near as damn it, on the playing field makes zero sense to me. Get them out playing games, gaining valuable experience, learning about proper fitba 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Luke McCowan is a player I think we should be all over. Left mid Dundee player. 

I get why, due to perceived better value, our transfer committee would rather source globally but this lad is a know quantity 

Better than the know quality we've signed recently 

• Dildo 1
4 hours ago, Gilhaushans said:
Viking are chasing Australian player Clayton Taylor from Australian A-League club Newcastle Jets, according to the Daily Express and @OssResten. The 19-year-old also has interest from England and Scotland. Viking favorite to secure the wing.

https://twitter.com/norwaytransfers/status/1749821884101734911?s=46&t=UfkfNloo8DeNCJhCWGB0Iw

Sad times that Viking Stavanger are a more favourable destination for any signings than Aberdeen. That’s the kind of inspirational transformation Robson brings us 🤣

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Agreed, surely he can get a game at a championship team? Arbroath or Caley.

58 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If we stick to a back four there's less need to hang on to Milne for the next few months.

I reckon him and Duncan should be on loan to at least a Scottish Championship or EL2 team where they are going to get a lot of game time.  Better that than our bench. 

Raith would be a decent shout. Be nice if they helped them fk over the Jutes 🤣

11 hours ago, CCB III said:

I like to imagine young Vicente went to the famed Atlanta strip clubs on that infamous trip. 

Had his face all covered in white powder and giant booty cheeks when Goodwin found him. 

Should've been made captain if that was his escapade. 

Nah nothing quite as exciting as that. At a fans signing session after that game against our American partners school kids team he scribbled his signature over Goodwins face in every team photo he was asked to sign and laughing like fuck about it. It was taken as disrespecting the manager / club in front of the fans and Goodwin said he'd 'deal with the prick later' or words to that effect. That is 100% true as I had a mate who witnessed it.

I'd say the club at that point made the decision to freeze him out. If he was doing stuff like that in front of fans, its not too much of a stretch to say he had a bad attitude and was not "good to have about the place".

3 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

Nah nothing quite as exciting as that. At a fans signing session after that game against our American partners school kids team he scribbled his signature over Goodwins face in every team photo he was asked to sign and laughing like fuck about it. It was taken as disrespecting the manager / club in front of the fans and Goodwin said he'd 'deal with the prick later' or words to that effect. That is 100% true as I had a mate who witnessed it.

I'd say the club at that point made the decision to freeze him out. If he was doing stuff like that in front of fans, it's not too much of a stretch to say he had a bad attitude and was not "good to have about the place".

Haha what a ledge. 

Goodwin was the prick 

4 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

I'd say the club at that point made the decision to freeze him out. If he was doing stuff like that in front of fans, its not too much of a stretch to say he had a bad attitude and was not "good to have about the place".

Well, not saying it did t happen but I was there, spoke to Vinny and he signed my team photo for my son. He didnt scribble on the managers name on that occasion and I have to say the lad was pretty quiet polite and very congenial.

The only folk getting animated were the people that bought a raffle ticket only to find out that it was for Marley Watkins shirt. No doubt massively concerned they might win. 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Well, not saying it did t happen but I was there, spoke to Vinny and he signed my team photo for my son. He didnt scribble on the managers name on that occasion and I have to say the lad was pretty quiet polite and very congenial.

That was maybe later after Goodwin had "dealt with the prick" 😀

3 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

That was maybe later after Goodwin had "dealt with the prick" 😀

Goodwin gave a speech about the second half of the season to come which genuinely seems comical now considering how it went but everyone was in superb spirits. And it was a fucking cracking volley from Clarkson to win the game 1-0 which was a highlight in the freezing cold

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Besuijin seemingly in talks with a Dutch 2nd division side, Den Haag are in the 2nd tier so possibly them?

could maybe do a swop deal with Groningen for Van Veen and then send Pape out on loan until summer to somewhere that he will play every week. Van Veen would be good cover and a different option from the bench. 

Its a bit random but would put Gueye out to Livi, he is similar profile to the type of player Martindale seems to have managed to get something out of. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

could maybe do a swop deal with Groningen for Van Veen and then send Pape out on loan until summer to somewhere that he will play every week. Van Veen would be good cover and a different option from the bench. 

Its a bit random but would put Gueye out to Livi, he is similar profile to the type of player Martindale seems to have managed to get something out of. 

"Aye is that Gronigen? Would you like to take one of our players on loan that hasn't kicked a ball for about two seasons and isn't very good and give us a striker that cost yous half a million last season in exchange?"

"Click"

6 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

"Aye is that Gronigen? Would you like to take one of our players on loan that hasn't kicked a ball for about two seasons and isn't very good and give us a striker that cost yous half a million last season in exchange?"

"Click"

Both teams have a player that cost a similar amount, and who are proven in each others respective leagues but struggled after they moved. And both currently completely frozen out at the team who signed them and both clubs looking to offload the player back to the country they moved from.   

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Dead easy

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Martindale comes across as a simpleton at the best of times but even he wouldn’t take big Pap or our hands.

1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

"Click"

Fuck Groningen and their 50% through nonsense.

1 minute ago, Durrant Dived said:

He actually said they were 80% through after 0-0 here. Na pal you're 100% out.

Gronigen would be more likely to do a deal with vinny for van veen IMO.

He wouldn’t make our first 11 so won’t happen. We are only signing players that are first picks.