League Cup

Message added by Bebo,

Hullo Hullo to the good folks from Swallow Swallow.

:hunbash:

You let your club die. :rangers:

:sheepdance:

4 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

The club are obviously spooked by something. Imagine a hun died of injuries in the Dons end(LOL). They’d be shut doon.

Is it not to do with sorting out who should be given priority of the next 2,500 tickets? No doubt they want to weed out the few huns who have bought but I doubt that number is even triple figure let alone thousands some are making on. 

Just now, DelMonte said:

Is it not to do with sorting out who should be given priority of the next 2,500 tickets?

I think that’d be a fairly simple case of cross referencing the database to check for high pointers without tickets and setting the threshold accordingly. I reckon there’s a bit of internal strife and arse kicking behind closed doors.

9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Is it not to do with sorting out who should be given priority of the next 2,500 tickets? No doubt they want to weed out the few huns who have bought but I doubt that number is even triple figure let alone thousands some are making on. 

Exactly, fucking hell. They're sifting through thousands and thousands of emails to sort out the remaining tickets, having to enter every account into somewhere to be ranked by points, then they'll have to communicate with everyone who's applied if they're successful or not. 

Meanwhile they'd be able to do a search in seconds for all the accounts that have bought tickets with <5 points to their name with addresses in Lanarkshire. That's not a hard part. 

They're not spooked they've just got a massive manual amount of work to do for the remaining tickets, and having phones and tills open for idiots to clog up complaining or enquiring would be stupid. 

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

There'll be loads of Huns in our end due to the selling strategy of the club. An absolutely colosal fuck up. 

Anyone who thinks we've sold 17,000 tickets in a day to Dons fans is delusional. 

We sold 13k in a day with loyalty point restrictions for league cup final against Celtic.  There'll be a handful at most sold to huns.

• Upvote 2
26 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

As far as I’m aware, that’s not something you can do.

It’s also not something 1000s of huns would know you could do, if you could. 

People who think there will be thousands of them need to use their brains a bit. 

'As far as I'm aware' is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that statement!  It was a general sale and all you needed was an account to access that, which you could register for directly on the website.  Though I do agree that there won't have been 1000s of huns who have got tickets that way.

The club will know how many people with high points numbers, season tickets, dna members etc have missed out, and also how many tickets have been bought through accounts with next to no points or purchasing history.  It will be causing them quite a bit of concern which is why they're having to re check so many of the orders.

18 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

'As far as I'm aware' is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that statement!  It was a general sale and all you needed was an account to access that, which you could register for directly on the website.  Though I do agree that there won't have been 1000s of huns who have got tickets that way.

The club will know how many people with high points numbers, season tickets, dna members etc have missed out, and also how many tickets have been bought through accounts with next to no points or purchasing history.  It will be causing them quite a bit of concern which is why they're having to re check so many of the orders.

I don’t think you could make an account on the spot. Just not something many folk would do anyway. 

30 minutes ago, NEM said:

We sold 13k in a day with loyalty point restrictions for league cup final against Celtic.  There'll be a handful at most sold to huns.

Aye. Can't see there being more than a few dozen in our end at the most. I hope they don't get their tickets cancelled either. Let them in. Not expecting much entertainment on the pitch so might as well get some off it.

9 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

Going forward I think this would work...... 8hr window for supporters with >200 points, next 8 hour window for supporters with >100 points, then open it us to general sale after that

I think a large part of the problem was that they restricted those with over 200 points to buying just one ticket. That meant people who wanted to sit together had to wait until the general sale at 5pm. Hence the massive queue and lots of high points dons missing out. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Is it the wrong time to be chasing the cunts for my Helsinki match ticket then :clangers2:

I've received 2 of 3 so far by email.  Not sure why they are sending separately.  Sent them an email last night but fully expect that to get lost in cyberspace 😄

2 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Bus companies being told they're not allowed to leave Aberdeen before 9:30am as police want to check all buses in Perth then have buses arrive around 1pm in Glasgow.

While all this is happening, the Huns - in their own city - can wander into their local pub at 11am and drink all day.

Maynes of Buckie or all bus companies?

9 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Bus companies being told they're not allowed to leave Aberdeen before 9:30am as police want to check all buses in Perth then have buses arrive around 1pm in Glasgow.

While all this is happening, the Huns - in their own city - can wander into their local pub at 11am and drink all day.

check the buses for what? its a free country if people want to get steaming on the way down etc, what's that to do with the police? like you say, the issues will be in their end and their supporters not ours

I used to have a season ticket years ago and can remember getting stopped going into Aberdeen when we played them, mental we even entertained it, never mind complied with it  

6 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Dunno, just been sent screenshots folk are getting from bus companies saying this is what police are saying.

Think they're on Twitter.

Maynes have sent that shite to at least 2 bookings.  Not sure if other companies are doing likewise or if they're just coming the cunt.

An absolute nonsense if true, since when do Police Scotland get to dictate the time you're allowed to travel to another city.

27 minutes ago, Dunty said:

They say this all the time 

In all the years going to Hampden for games whether it be for Aberdeen or Scotland I think I’ve been on a bus that was stopped by the Police once 

Everyone was clearly boozing and the police didn’t care, just wandered up and down, pretended to have a look and carried on 

It’s box ticking pish that fucking rugby fans aren’t subjected to and it’s a load of shite 

• Upvote 5
4 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

In all the years going to Hampden for games whether it be for Aberdeen or Scotland I think I’ve been on a bus that was stopped by the Police once 

Everyone was clearly boozing and the police didn’t care, just wandered up and down, pretended to have a look and carried on 

It’s box ticking pish that fucking rugby fans aren’t subjected to and it’s a load of shite 

Been on a bus where they confiscated booze and organiser and driver charged few years ago after few on bus got arsey but is rare 

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

This.

Coppers can’t be arsed with it either. It’s a lot of work when they can just let you carry on and it’s somebody else’s problem.