Next Manager

I'd happily see Lennon get appointed on the condition he has to admit he lied when accusing Aberdeen fans of spitting on him and throwing sectarian abuse his way.

Then I'd have him sacked the next day. 

There's actually not many appointments outwith the obvious hun cunts that would have me not renewing my ST but he would be one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jose Riveiro - Orlando Pirates. A proper left field shout and one that I personally, would love the club to pursue but my faith in the board is pencil-thin when it comes to getting the next appointment anywhere near right. Won trophies in Finland and South Africa, attacking/high press style and is a big believer in the youth players, which bodes well for the likes Barron, Bavidge and the overall vision of the club. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, HawthornRed said:

Jose Riveiro - Orlando Pirates. A proper left field shout and one that I personally, would love the club to pursue but my faith in the board is pencil-thin when it comes to getting the next appointment anywhere near right. Won trophies in Finland and South Africa, attacking/high press style and is a big believer in the youth players, which bodes well for the likes Barron, Bavidge and the overall vision of the club. 

Sounds like a poor man's Stewart Baxter. 

2 hours ago, Ma’ soup said:

I haven’t posted for a while and expect pelters.

Warnock short term then I honestly don’t know. Current SPL managers no. Alex Neil no. It needs to be manager who takes no shit from players or FMB. Popcorn teeth breaches all principles of professionalism. Ex AZ Alkmaar coach Jensen might be worth considering or Rodriguez.

You've posted a video from 20 years ago. You think Warnock can command a dressing room like that now?

Surprised no-one is putting Alex Ferguson's name forward. He's 82 but what the hell, he'll be exactly the same as he was when he was 44 because football managers don't age...

5 minutes ago, Dunty said:

You've posted a video from 20 years ago. You think Warnock can command a dressing room like that now?

Surprised no-one is putting Alex Ferguson's name forward. He's 82 but what the hell, he'll be exactly the same as he was when he was 44 because football managers don't age...

You're not angry at ma' soup you're angry at the club.

10 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Stephen Glass/Goodwin and Robson are "young managers". I cant imagine any of them commanded much respect..

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lennon is a toxic wee cunt.

He might get a short-term lift in results, but stick the kettle on for him throwing players under a bus & falling out with folk.

Don't forget him & his agent lied about our fans spitting at him & using sectarian language towards him. 

Hate him with a passion.

And besides, what has he done to merit the job? 
He’s managed a Celtic team to success when there’s been fuck all competition.

He got Hibs promoted from the Championship… big deal.

My disgust at the way we’re run is high just now. 
Look at the cluster fuck they have made of January. 

Appointing that wee rat would put the cherry on top. 

FUCK NEIL LENNON 

Even a basic level of due diligence would surely rule Lennon out………and John Hughes for that matter!

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Stephen Glass/Goodwin and Robson are "young managers". I cant imagine any of them commanded much respect..

That's irrelevant.

But even then, the players were playing for Robson. He was just shite.

3 minutes ago, Singapore Steve said:

Following the brief from the club when announcing Robsons sacking " Leven & Anderson to lead training",  we should be expecting some sort of noise from the club today / tomorrow in regards to who will take the team for Sunday. 

I admire your optimism.

This is Cormack's reign....

2 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Very surprised we didn't try get him.

Especially if/that Pape not quite working out.

Window closed. Strange we didn't get in a holding midfield player and a wide player.Looks like we did the least business of any team in the division. We have been very lucky to date with limited number of injuries. I hope we do not regret this lack of transfer business- 1 in , 2 out.

13 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I admire your optimism.

This is Cormack's reign....

In his sacking statement he was quick to get the focus onto the business side of the club. Stating the club has no debt is admirable but we have to spend, wisely to compete. With the money for McCrorie and Ramadani we brought in more money than we have spent in these two transfer windows. That together from the extra revenue generated from the European games means we should have sufficient funds to pay for an experienced management team including a DOF. I am amazed we have no one in charge for Saturday, l thought that would have been done on Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Singapore Steve said:

Following the brief from the club when announcing Robsons sacking " Leven & Anderson to lead training",  we should be expecting some sort of noise from the club today / tomorrow in regards to who will take the team for Saturday. 

Yeah. Unless whoever they lined up got cold feet. My guess is they never put anything out yesterday to avoid it looking like they’d already arranged something. Which ironically enough most of us would have preferred.

Just now, G man said:

In his sacking statement he was quick to get the focus onto the business side of the club. Stating the club has no debt is admirable but we have to spend, wisely to compete. With the money for McCrorie and Ramadani we brought in more money than we have spent in these two transfer windows. That together from the extra revenue generated from the European games means we should have sufficient funds to pay for an experienced management team including a DOF. I am amazed we have no one in charge for Saturday, l thought that would have been done on Wednesday.

Technically we do but huge test of Peter Leven abilities I’d say. 

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

Technically we do but huge test of Peter Leven abilities I’d say. 

It did say he was in interim charge of training, no mention of Saturday’s game. As you say a huge test for him if he is in charge for the match.