Next Manager

39 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Reading that statement sounds like we are pretty close to an appointment, even that they might be in the stand for tomorrow’s game.

Must be the negativity running through me but I read the statement as we have been knocked back by someone already. 
There was absolutely no need to confirm what we already knew….

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The fact Leven has been confirmed for tomorrow suggests we had an interim in mind (maybe Warnock?) & he has knocked it back.

The initial statement when Robson was sacked said Leven would take training with no reference to the Celtic game, suggesting to me we had an interim appointment in mind. 

8 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Must be the negativity running through me but I read the statement as we have been knocked back by someone already. 
There was absolutely no need to confirm what we already knew….

I dunno whether that necessarily has to be the case. They could just not be able to start in time.

Feels odd that they would specify the Celtic match and not also mention Rangers considering the short space between the two fixtures.

Unless, of course, they're going to be confirming that Leven takes charge the day before every fixture, which would be tedious.

2 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Its not

If you are making a comment suggesting older managers wouldnt work while our last 3 "young managers" were shit

I didn't make a comment suggesting older managers wouldn't work.

You posted a video of Warnock 20 years ago shouting and bawling, thinking that's what we'll be getting in him now. I pointed out he's 75 and mellowed considerably since then.

Neil Lennon can't do it unless he can financially outmuscle the entire rest of the football pyramid or he inherits an already winning squad.

He's a volatile and egotistical freak who would absolutely make things worse in the long run, and the short run for that matter. Categorically not what we need at this stage.

• Upvote 5
5 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

Neil Lennon can't do it unless he can financially outmuscle the entire rest of the football pyramid or he inherits an already winning squad.

He's a volatile and egotistical freak who would absolutely make things worse in the long run, and the short run for that matter. Categorically not what we need at this stage.

100% correct.

11 minutes ago, Dunty said:

So Neil Lennon doesn't want his first game to be against Celtic, so we'll be appointing him for Tuesday at Ibrox instead.

All those who say they'll stop going if he's appointed, who actually will follow through with it?

Me.

Without hesitation.

To be fair, I don’t go nearly as much as I used to, but that wee cunt, along with the shambolic way we’re ran, would be it for me.

They can shove their AberDNA up their shiter as well, I look forward to that call 

I actually dislike the club right now. 

They’re taking the piss

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The fact Leven has been confirmed for tomorrow suggests we had an interim in mind (maybe Warnock?) & he has knocked it back.

The initial statement when Robson was sacked said Leven would take training with no reference to the Celtic game, suggesting to me we had an interim appointment in mind. 

It could also be that any potential manager has said fuck that to taking on Celtic after 24 hours after agreeing to take the job. Wouldn't be the first time a known new arrival has sat in the stands rather than taking the team on such short notice.

20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Or it's taking longer to sort out? Lennon waiting to see if he gets the Ireland job? Warlock has early onset dementia and can't find the front door? 

In truth we don't know.

14 minutes ago, Dunty said:

So Neil Lennon doesn't want his first game to be against Celtic, so we'll be appointing him for Tuesday at Ibrox instead.

All those who say they'll stop going if he's appointed, who actually will follow through with it?

I've got a ticket for Tuesday so will go regardless

Will be difficult to remain as engaged with the club as I am now if we appoint Lennon, however

Unless he turns us into an actual football team and has us competing then I'll be back in a shot. Because I'm a football fan and we're fickle cunts.

I think it would be a disaster though. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Me.

Without hesitation.

To be fair, I don’t go nearly as much as I used to, but that wee cunt, along with the shambolic way we’re ran, would be it for me.

They can shove their AberDNA up their shiter as well, I look forward to that call 

I actually dislike the club right now. 

They’re taking the piss

Maybe you should turn your back on it all. I fear for what this is doing to your physical and mental wellbeing. 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

It could also be that any potential manager has said fuck that to taking on Celtic after 24 hours after agreeing to take the job. Wouldn't be the first time a known new arrival has sat in the stands rather than taking the team on such short notice.

Alex Neil's first game for Norwich. He started off in the stands, but in the second half when they were drawing they had a man sent off. Whoever was in the dugout looked to be about to make a defensive sub, so Neil went down and demanded they push for the winner instead. They got the goal and the win, and Norwich fans thought he was some kind of genius (for a while).

18 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I think you might be right - why would you want to come in and be playing Celtic the next day having had no time to assess or get to know the players, or really analyse the opposition. I would think if we're going for an interim manager he will be pretty much lined up and announced on Monday, or possibly even Wednesday morning after the Sevco game as that would give him two games to watch us (possibly from a distance rather than at the games) and an easy start against Bonyrigg after a few days on the training pitch with the players. Good chance to get a new manager bounce going, but less likely if they're starting with Celtic and Sevco back to back.

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think you might be right - why would you want to come in and be playing Celtic the next day having had no time to assess or get to know the players, or really analyse the opposition. I would think if we're going for an interim manager he will be pretty much lined up and announced on Monday, or possibly even Wednesday morning after the Sevco game as that would give him two games to watch us (possibly from a distance rather than at the games) and an easy start against Bonyrigg after a few days on the training pitch with the players. Good chance to get a new manager bounce going, but less likely if they're starting with Celtic and Sevco back to back.

Thats my concern also, but that goes back to why we'd wait to push the button again in the last week of January.

Shambles.

46 minutes ago, Dunty said:

I didn't make a comment suggesting older managers wouldn't work.

You posted a video of Warnock 20 years ago shouting and bawling, thinking that's what we'll be getting in him now. I pointed out he's 75 and mellowed considerably since then.

I haven't posted any video? You are confusing me with someone else.

18 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I've no issue with them taking the sevco game on Tuesday even if it's all agreed now and they can start today. The tims tomorrow though, I could let that slide.

Does anyone believe a new manager can do much with these players?

Yes, some played out of position and formations were wrong but are they actually that good?

None really stepped up (apart from Mio), when things were/are going to shit.

21 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

I haven't posted any video? You are confusing me with someone else.

If you didn't post the video then you shouldn't have waded into the conversation then since you clearly didn't know what I was replying to. 

My point still stands. Fuck knows what you're on about.

Just now, HaarDon said:

Does anyone believe a new manager can do much with these players?

Yes. We have a really strong squad. It's easily a better squad than Hearts have, for example. We've got absolutely quality up front in Bojan and Duk, Clarkson is immensely talented (we've seen that), Barron is very capable, defensively we've more than enough to be solid if coached/organised properly. 

• Upvote 4