Next Manager

5 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Of all the managers currently available for free (which is most likely what we are looking at) Alex Neil is probably the best of the bunch. 

I guarantee next January we will be calling for his head. Suppose it’s something to look forward too. His record everywhere is just so mediocre

3 minutes ago, RUL said:

I guarantee next January we will be calling for his head. Suppose it’s something to look forward too. His record everywhere is just so mediocre

When have aberdeen football club ever hired a manager with a better than "mediocre" record? If they were better than that they would have no interest in joining us in the first place. Alex ferguson was a mediocre appointment at the time. As was mcinnes. 

Once again, no plan. 

How can they not have seen this coming for weeks? The next update will be “the search for a new manager will start…”. It should have been started 3 months ago.

This club is a fucking shambles and it rests on one man. Get him to fuck.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
Just now, DelMonte said:

Once again, no plan. 

How can they not have seen this coming for weeks? The next update will be “the search for a new manager will start…”. It should have been started 3 months ago.

It’s incredible. Not one person planning ahead. 

11 minutes ago, RUL said:

You guarantee that do you?

Yeah we need to be more ambitious and get a guy in who’s won loads of stuff cos those guys are queuing to manage AFC. 

Just now, shooftahmooftah said:

Get Warnock in as D O F 1 year contract along with Alex Neil Manager 3 year deal. 

Not the worst shout in the world, however I'm not sure Warnock would go for that. He's got too much hunger and bite to sit in the background and watch somebody else manage the team. He's been a manager for far too long, can't teach an old dog new tricks

6 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

When have aberdeen football club ever hired a manager with a better than "mediocre" record? If they were better than that they would have no interest in joining us in the first place. Alex ferguson was a mediocre appointment at the time. As was mcinnes. 

Probably why we’ve been shite for so long? Invest some money  in someone competent 

Just now, Simply Red said:

You guarantee that do you?

Yeah we need to be more ambitious and get a guy in who’s won loads of stuff cos those guys are queuing to manage AFC. 

There are thousand of managers out, hundreds would take our job and you think Alex Neil is the answer. Fuck sake.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, C'monEweReds said:

Not the worst shout in the world, however I'm not sure Warnock would go for that. He's got too much hunger and bite to sit in the background and watch somebody else manage the team. He's been a manager for far too long, can't teach an old dog new tricks

Looking face to face with Alex Neil would calm him down. 

Whoever is the next manager needs to survive next December/January.Seems to be the months when we go downhill.Mcinnes last season we were our best results in years first half of season.Goodwin had us third before  the break.Robson was up and down but we did have some good results and performances and we're in a cup final and we were supposed to improve once no European travel.Glass started well enough but again downhill Dec/Jan.Maybe its the shorter days....

3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Once again, no plan. 

We’re told we have a list of contingency plans for players leaving, but you can guarantee we don’t have the same for the manager’s job. Just appoint some idiot & hope for the best. Then be taken by surprise at the fans’ anger, sack the manager and scramble around again. 

1 minute ago, pittodriepie83 said:

We’re told we have a list of contingency plans for players leaving, but you can guarantee we don’t have the same for the manager’s job. Just appoint some idiot & hope for the best. Then be taken by surprise at the fans’ anger, sack the manager and scramble around again. 

We clearly don’t have the plan for players either. The whole club are so negligent.

As I said, it starts at the top. Cormack is a piece of shit who needs to get to fuck and let someone else take over.

13 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Once again, no plan. 

A pro active board would have started the process of identifying replacements the minute Robson was named manager and ramped that process up before Christmas and would have had Robson gone prior to the cup final. They are absolutely useless and unfit for purpose. 

FMB? Disband that asap and take in some professionals that know something about football and how a football club should operate. Cormack - Fantasist, Milne - waste of space, Burrows - Empty vessel, Garner - Dinasaur, Gunn - inept and as out of depth in his role as Robson was in his, get them all to fuck. A complete laughing stock. Just when you think we couldn't possible fuck things up any more we do it again a year later, then a year later again. Absolute shit show, total joke.

I could live with an experienced interim (not Lennon FFS) if it meant a restructure of the football operation. Take in a new fit for purpose DOF & HOR, fire Gunn or put him in some administrator role, replace Milne and Garner for starters.

There's just something about Alex Neal's demeanour. He looks depressed everytime you see him. Mind you, it's the same with Stevie Clark and he turned out all right.

Footnote; I'm sure if we all stare into a mirror right now there will be a fair few depressed faces staring back this morning 😆 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

We clearly don’t have the plan for players either. The whole club are so negligent.

As I said, it starts at the top. Cormack is a piece of shit who needs to get to fuck and let someone else take over.

I think we do have player targets but it’s the idiots in charge of negotiating any deals, i.e. Gunn.

I’d be all for Cormack leaving if there was a line of investors looking to take it off his hands but as far as I’m aware there isn’t. If he just employed experience in key positions instead of his little puppets we’d be in a much better state.

Just now, pittodriepie83 said:

I think we do have player targets but it’s the idiots in charge of negotiating any deals, i.e. Gunn.

I’d be all for Cormack leaving if there was a line of investors looking to take it off his hands but as far as I’m aware there isn’t. If he just employed experience in key positions instead of his little puppets we’d be in a much better state.

Put the club up for sale and we’d get someone. He’s proven he hasn’t got a fucking clue what he’s doing.