Next Manager

2 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

I was just away to say would others look at us as a basket case 

On budget, we've only finished where we should once in the last 3 years and the managers that have been sacked have all been given a full year at the job. We're not quite bringing out the wicker yet.

3 hours ago, Simply Red said:

We dont want another boring manager.

Lets get an exciting foreign manager no one knows about.

Lets do experiments again.

We could get the Albanian version of Glass/Brown. That would be well exciting. Then sack them after a few games and get a Japanese version of Jim Goodwin. The excitement would be off the charts. After we sack that cunt we can get see if Warno’s free again. 

Or we go for a sensible, known quantity with a bit of pedigree and claw back a bit of respectability. 

Do you even hear yourself?

"Bring in someone who proved himself"

Is that really the route we're going to go down?

Hiring someone who knows what he's doing?

2 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

I was just away to say would others look at us as a basket case 

A bit late to start worrying about that….. we were a bit basket case getting rid of a good manager a few years ago (He-who-must-never-be-mentioned  © @Willo flood) ….let alone ones who deserved to be sacked

6 hours ago, CCB III said:

Has Stephen Robinson ever managed a game in an elite league? 

My point was what Neil did at Hamilton is basically what Robinson is doing at St Mirren, or Tony Docherty at Dundee. I wasn't comparing their entire CVs.

I wasn't actually pitching Robinson for the Dons job.

You can discuss points total and league positions all you like but he met the targets set for him by and large. 

But you can't just dismiss all his failures and his sackings.

Neil has had moderate successes which are generally followed by failure. You're just cherry picking a few things he got right and saying not to worry about everything else.

Most Norwich managers don't keep them in the league but we'd easy take the boy Farke. 

He didn't get sacked for not keeping them in the league. He got sacked for seven wins in 24 games when they were back in the Championship.

Many Sunderland managers failed to get them out the third tier. 

Again, he took them over when they were two points off the top. 

Preston are very rarely in play off contention. 

They are this season, where they are two points off a play-off spot. 

They seem to have improved since sacking Neil...

Aberdeen are not getting a manager with a better CV than that, I hate to tell you. 

We currently have a manager with a better CV than him.

6 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Mourinho at man utd and spurs proves that just because a manager is good at one club, doesn't mean he’ll do well everywhere else he goes.
Weird how fans dont ever really want to acknowledge this.

While your point is valid, Mourinho did well at Man Utd but player power removed him.

4 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

What credible foreign manager would uproot his life / family to move to Aberdeen when our last three managers have been sacked after less than 12 months?

Think we’re pissing in the wind on that one tbh 

But none of those managers were sacked unfairly, and potential managers will appreciate that.

6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Honestly, some of the suggestions on here 😆

Some folk need to realise we are Motorhead & we play rock and roll.

Fixed it for you.

Off topic I know but couldn't resist.

Since 1st Nov 1980 in the Capitol in Aberdeen must have seen them a dozen times in various cities over the years. RIP Lemmy and Philthy animal Taylor.

Back to the manager situation once Warnock has worked his magic and helped us lift the cup for the 1st time in 34 years he'll be too excited not too stay another year and tick  European football off his bucket list.

Incase yer wondering the weather's fine on my planet 🤣.

1 hour ago, Cambridge Red said:

Fixed it for you.

Off topic I know but couldn't resist.

Since 1st Nov 1980 in the Capitol in Aberdeen must have seen them a dozen times in various cities over the years. RIP Lemmy and Philthy animal Taylor.

Back to the manager situation once Warnock has worked his magic and helped us lift the cup for the 1st time in 34 years he'll be too excited not too stay another year and tick  European football off his bucket list.

Incase yer wondering the weather's fine on my planet 🤣.

I realise musical taste is mostly subjective but Motorhead are absolute fucking shite.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My left field suggestion would be Darren  Young, with Neil Warnock staying to help him in his first six to 12 months. 
Darren has more experience than the 3 previous incumbents, and worth a punt. It’ll never happen however. 
In reality Alex Neil would be good or Gary rowett. 
Unless they scoop some foreign manager from the depths of the universe. Also be onboard with that. 

1 hour ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

My left field suggestion would be Darren  Young, with Neil Warnock staying to help him in his first six to 12 months. 
Darren has more experience than the 3 previous incumbents, and worth a punt.

What about Young/Glass with Warnock part of the dream team? 
That would be a cool experiment.

Experimental approach, something outside the box is exactly what the club needs right now.

• Haha 1

I agree with Alex Neil's demeaner. He seems awfy dour. The type of guy you steer away from because they depress the life out of you. Even if he has the managerial skills, I'd wager most of his players would be borderline manic depressants after listening to his motivational speeches.

11 hours ago, Roberto said:

Still actively awaiting @zeroisgod76shout...

I'm not sure why you're focusing so much on my post. Its just my opinion, i don't find any of the names on that list inspiring or ambitious.... but you're probably correct, that's probably where we are as a club at the moment. There is no ambition, the whole football philosophy and aim to be a 'top 100' club is nothing but pie in the sky nonsense.

As for my shout, i have no idea.... i'm not claiming to be an expert on world football. I just find it hard to believe there's not someone out there who's better than the names on that list of failed managers.

Anyway, i have a hope that we've already got someone lined up for the position and the reason they've not been announced is because they're currently in a job and want to see out the season with their current club. And that would rule out everyone on that list other than Derek and he surely wouldn't come back. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I'm not sure why you're focusing so much on my post. Its just my opinion, i don't find any of the names on that list inspiring or ambitious.... but you're probably correct, that's probably where we are as a club at the moment. There is no ambition, the whole football philosophy and aim to be a 'top 100' club is nothing but pie in the sky nonsense.

As for my shout, i have no idea.... i'm not claiming to be an expert on world football. I just find it hard to believe there's not someone out there who's better than the names on that list of failed managers.

Anyway, i have a hope that we've already got someone lined up for the position and the reason they've not been announced is because they're currently in a job and want to see out the season with their current club. And that would rule out everyone on that list other than Derek and he surely wouldn't come back. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

I'm focusing, because you engaged.

I find people who are not inspired by certain managers also don't have a clue who they want themselves so I am just making the point you'll continue to be uninspired and say 'lack of ambition' until you have a manager of your own in mind.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Roberto said:

I'm focusing, because you engaged.

I find people who are not inspired by certain managers also don't have a clue who they want themselves so I am just making the point you'll continue to be uninspired and say 'lack of ambition' until you have a manager of your own in mind.

I would just like a manager who doesn't come from the managerial merry go round of failed managers in the UK. We may aswell go for Jack Ross or Lee Johnson as much as any of those managers on that list. 

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I would just like a manager who doesn't come from the managerial merry go round of failed managers in the UK. We may aswell go for Jack Ross or Lee Johnson as much as any of those managers on that list. 

So who is not a manager from the merry go round? I've seen plenty who aren't that have been named in this thread and none have taken your eye at all... so who?

Honestly until you know yourself you're not going to be happy regardless.

Manager merry go round is where we are these days as a club.

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

So who is not a manager from the merry go round? I've seen plenty who aren't that have been named in this thread and none have taken your eye at all... so who?

Honestly until you know yourself you're not going to be happy regardless.

Manager merry go round is where we are these days as a club.

I haven't read all posts on all 163 pages of this thread so there maybe would be some that would have taken my eye.

My response was solely to that list of names that Bet365 had put up as favourites for the position. None of them are inspiring.

I don't disagree thats probably where we are as a club.