Next Manager

And Lennon will be monitoring the situation closely as he plans his own next step in management after 18 months out of the game. He said: “Timing is important and the Aberdeen job is something that I would be very much interested in, no question. I think there is great potential at Aberdeen.”

Lennon was a popular candidate with the Pittodrie punters when his name was put forward as Robson’s potential successor. And he said: “At the time, I was still involved with the Ireland process.

"I couldn't really take that on. But it’s nice to know some of the fans wanted me. That's great. I didn't think I was as popular up there!”

:blink:

9 minutes ago, Russell said:

And Lennon will be monitoring the situation closely as he plans his own next step in management after 18 months out of the game. He said: “Timing is important and the Aberdeen job is something that I would be very much interested in, no question. I think there is great potential at Aberdeen.”

Lennon was a popular candidate with the Pittodrie punters when his name was put forward as Robson’s potential successor. And he said: “At the time, I was still involved with the Ireland process.

"I couldn't really take that on. But it’s nice to know some of the fans wanted me. That's great. I didn't think I was as popular up there!”

:blink:

I preferred this quote from Lennon's interview: “I am looking forward to getting back in but the managerial business is so competitive and there are so many candidates out there."

I agree, let's get one of those.

5 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

In other news, I declare my interest in Margot Robbie. Neither will be happening

I wouldn’t rule it out. 
Aye, Lennon that is, not Margot!

The hierarchy at AFC are so out of touch with the fan base I don’t think they’d have the slightest idea how many people it would alienate even more than they already are.

My financial contribution to the club isn’t massive, DNA, REDTV & some games at Pittodrie… but that would end if he was appointed. 

I think there would be quite a few with similar thoughts though. 

Hopefully the club look elsewhere. 

15 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I wouldn’t rule it out. 

The hierarchy at AFC are so out of touch with the fan base I don’t think they’d have the slightest idea how many people it would alienate even more than they already are.

My financial contribution to the club isn’t massive, DNA, REDTV & some games at Pittodrie… but that would end if he was appointed. 

Stuff the fans

If the shite spouted on here by the fans is in Any great way indicative of what "the fans" generally want, then stuff them

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I wouldn’t rule it out. 

I think even if we did come close, the backlash Dave would receive online as the leaks come out would make him do a full 180.

When you make multiple pleas to the fans to trust that you will ‘get it right’ you surely can’t then go out and appoint fucking Lennon, after months of searching for a new managerial with external help

• Upvote 2
32 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Stuff the fans

If the shite spouted on here by the fans is in Any great way indicative of what "the fans" generally want, then stuff them

Shite like fans calling Miovski a charlatan, aye?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
16 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I dont want Lennon and I dont think it will be Lennon but he's a better shout than so many of the other names including Robinson and pretty much every other manager in Scotland

That is a sad indictment of the standard of manager in Scotland though, rather than an endorsement of Lennon.

47 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Stuff the fans

Said by someone who isn't a fan and probably couldn't find Pittodrie if planted in the middle of Aberdeen.

Stuff you and your fellow weegies. No-one seriously gives a fuck what you think about the next manager.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Same here.

This is a guy who had to apologise for threatening one of two of his mistresses with a knife.

He was a scumbag as a player, a whinging little wank as a manager, and quite cheerfully called us all "sheepshaggers" at the end of a Celtic-Aberdeen game.

And as a football manager, when not handed the largest budget in Scotland, he's been a massive failure.

Anyone seriously backing this clown to take charge needs to give their head a wobble.

1 hour ago, Russell said:

Lennon was a popular candidate with the Pittodrie punters when his name was put forward as Robson’s potential successor

To be fair, they managed to find five so-called Aberdeen fans to suggest his name on a bbc video.

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Why not? Don't just give up, you might be the guy she's been looking for her whole life.

Well she is married so I’d be happy with an affair with her then send her back to him as soon as she starts gurning her face of like every other woman. 

I find it a bit strange that people can't see the parallels with Alex Neil and McInnes when we appointed him. 

Alex Neil would be the absolute perfect fit IMO. He should be our number 1 target.* 

*Assuming we're continuing with a manager and not a head coach working under a proper director of football. 

• Upvote 6
2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I dont want Lennon and I dont think it will be Lennon but he's a better shout than so many of the other names including Robinson and pretty much every other manager in Scotland

I absolutely concur about him being the best of the usual names that form the Scottish managerial merry-go-round. I'm certain he'd have us back up to qualifying for Europe in his first season. As I've said before though....I wouldn't expect his tenure to be particularly long. He's a cunt of a human being and he would ruffle feathers (or just piss folk off) fairly rapidly including our board and probably some players too. I couldn't see him being with us any longer than 3 years, it could be even less than that.

I'd really prefer us to go for someone abroad for a change. But even despite him being touted for the Eire gig, I just felt he was who we were going to end up with.

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

Lennon would be the most decorated manager to ever be hired by aberdeen. 

Some of you are blinding by hatred for the IRA

All we'd have to do to make him as successful at Aberdeen as he was at Celtic is give him the same budget he had there, and stick Sevco in the bottom division for half his tenure.

I wonder, when he's looking to manufacture a move away from Scotland, if he'll accuse Aberdeen fans of throwing shit at him. Again. 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

All we'd have to do to make him as successful at Aberdeen as he was at Celtic is give him the same budget he had there, and stick Sevco in the bottom division for half his tenure.

I wonder, when he's looking to manufacture a move away from Scotland, if he'll accuse Aberdeen fans of throwing shit at him. Again. 

Regardless of the circumstances- he still won consistently. Many other managers have failed in those conditions.

would like to see the flinging of faeces brought in to the game though, now that you mention it.

could fill the south stand bath with muck. Would be more effective than booing imo 

The press here love to support their own merry-go-round of shit. 

Lennon would be about the worst of the lot and the press telling him the fans love him based on that video of mutants who just so happened to be near Pittodrie in the middle of a work day that I'm sure they selectively picked based on that answer is typical of them. 

Fuck Lennon and fuck the press.

56 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

The press here love to support their own merry-go-round of shit. 

Lennon would be about the worst of the lot and the press telling him the fans love him based on that video of mutants who just so happened to be near Pittodrie in the middle of a work day that I'm sure they selectively picked based on that answer is typical of them. 

Fuck Lennon and fuck the press.

Good to know the Aberdeen job has made it into the Australian press. 

• Haha 3