Next Manager

2 hours ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Thelin isn't the name I was WhatsApp'd earlier.

Without wanting to give too much away, all I can say is "LET'S PUT ANOTHER SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE!"

🇦🇺

Joe Mangle?

Needs to be a managerial transfer window. 

If you can't get your shit together and appoint a manager before the window SLAMS SHUT then you aren't allowed to have a manager. 

Might light a fire under Cormack's arse. 

4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Needs to be a managerial transfer window. 

If you can't get your shit together and appoint a manager before the window SLAMS SHUT then you aren't allowed to have a manager. 

Might light a fire under Cormack's arse. 

I can't believe it's taken this long.

6 hours ago, paddy said:

24hour bans for ChatGPT posts, I say

I agree. Interestingly I just saw this:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

User “Medw1311” Ceases Misuse of AI Technology on “The Hat” Football Forum

In response to recent events, we would like to address the situation involving a user known as “Medw1311” who has been using chatGPT, an advanced language model developed by OpenAI, to generate misleading posts on the popular football fans forum “The Hat”.

“Medw1311” has been found to be using chatGPT to create content that misrepresents the views and opinions of other members of the forum. This misuse of technology has caused confusion and disruption within the community.

We want to assure all members of “The Hat” forum that we take this matter very seriously. The misuse of AI technology is not only against the guidelines set by OpenAI for the use of chatGPT, but it also goes against the principles of honesty, respect, and fair play that we value in our community.

Effective immediately, “Medw1311” has been prohibited from further use of chatGPT on “The Hat” forum. We are committed to maintaining a positive and respectful environment for all our members and will not tolerate any actions that compromise this.

We appreciate the understanding and cooperation of all members during this time. We encourage everyone to continue to report any suspicious activity so that we can promptly address it.

For any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 3

Nobody is being announced. 

I am surprised anyone still has the energy to care. If he is announced today, tomorrow, next week what difference does it make? This season is gone and has been a disaster, regardless. 

what we need is for the season to end like in 03/04. A terrible season. But come the end of the season the new messiah is named. The 20 years later version of sheer royalty himself…. The 2024 King Jimmy

Does anyone here actually think we'll get a manager before we're mathematically safe from relegation and/or playoff? 

I reckon the club have kept their cards so close to their chest that quite possibly most of the rumours - aye the usual crap the press report, not the uber crap made up on here - are wide of the mark. I think we're going for people who actually have a job, who might be decent, and none will give up a job for a club still on the brink. 

Could be wrong. Hope I'm not actually. Leven has shown enough that he'll likely get us eking out enough points to get safe this season.

4 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

Does anyone here actually think we'll get a manager before we're mathematically safe from relegation and/or playoff? 

I reckon the club have kept their cards so close to their chest that quite possibly most of the rumours - aye the usual crap the press report, not the uber crap made up on here - are wide of the mark. I think we're going for people who actually have a job, who might be decent, and none will give up a job for a club still on the brink. 

Could be wrong. Hope I'm not actually. Leven has shown enough that he'll likely get us eking out enough points to get safe this season.

I don't think the club actually has any cards.

We've probably approached a couple of randos, been knocked back, considered Lennon, seen the fan reaction and backed off, and are currently half-heartedly looking around for anyone at all to fill the spot, regardless of experience of ability. 

They sack a manager every year because they hire unimaginative, clueless, inexperienced, mediocre ballbags who have shown no aptitude for the job, and yet they STILL have no mechanism in place for installing the NEXT feckless ballbag. 

Our mistake is that we think someone's in charge, that there's a plan, and someone at the club knows what they're doing. 

I don't think that's the reality, though. 

1 hour ago, a don in oz said:

This position has crossed my mind. Any self respecting candidate with ambition would surely consider league safety first which in turn should indicate level of budget etc. for next season. Surely as a manager you want a guarantee which league you will be plying your trade in. Perhaps also explains the early push on season ticket sales as well as an indicator…. ??? 

Three points against Livi on Saturday will go a long way to hopefully securing our status for 24/25 and perhaps put any doubt to bed. 

Thereafter we may see some movement on announcements. If we don’t secure three points can we expect this status to drag on a little longer…. let’s see

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Max_AFC said:

This position has crossed my mind. Any self respecting candidate with ambition would surely consider league safety first which in turn should indicate level of budget etc. for next season. Surely as a manager you want a guarantee which league you will be plying your trade in. Perhaps also explains the early push on season ticket sales as well as an indicator…. ??? 

Three points against Livi on Saturday will go a long way to hopefully securing our status for 24/25 and perhaps put any doubt to bed. 

Thereafter we may see some movement on announcements. If we don’t secure three points can we expect this status to drag on a little longer…. let’s see

Plenty of managers take over struggling teams. 

In fact,  it's pretty much a prerequisite of there being a vacancy in the first place in most cases.

It's going to come down to how much Davie Dentures loosens the purse strings how good a manager we get - and how much a candidate is prepared to overlook the current shambles behind the scenes. But plenty of other shambolic clubs manage to appoint managers and some of them would view a (permanent) manager a season as relative stability. 

2 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

Plenty of managers take over struggling teams. 

In fact,  it's pretty much a prerequisite of there being a vacancy in the first place in most cases.

It's going to come down to how much Davie Dentures loosens the purse strings how good a manager we get - and how much a candidate is prepared to overlook the current shambles behind the scenes. But plenty of other shambolic clubs manage to appoint managers and some of them would view a (permanent) manager a season as relative stability. 

Yeah but people seldom move from secure jobs into struggling teams unless it's a huge step up.

35 minutes ago, Derek Hamilton said:

Hopefully we can get it over line . Club pushing for it done now and not summer … would expect the new man in for Dundee game .,

i think you may be disappointed.  been weeks since it was imminent and 1 week since it was very very close.