Next Manager

5 minutes ago, Russell said:

Maybe not permanent but we'll never forget the cunt!

True

1 hour ago, JumboJET said:

Hi all. 

How would you rank AFC (permanent) managers since Jimmy? And why? 

Here is my list:

1. Jimmy
  2. Warnock
  3. McInnes
  4. Broonzer
  5. Robson
  6. Glass
  7. Goodwin 
  8. McGhee

You're better off starting a new thread for this.

Add in Pele and Ebbe and you've got a debate on all our 21st Century managers

That debate will contain the same people making the same arguments and counterarguments they always do on every other thread whenever their favourite or most hated manager is ever mentioned.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, JumboJET said:

Hi all. 

Here is my list:

1. Jimmy
  2. Warnock
  3. McInnes
  4. Broonzer
  5. Robson
  6. Glass
  7. Goodwin 
  8. McGhee

1. Mcinnes 

2. Calderwood

3. Brown

4. Glass

5. Robson

6. Goodwin

7. McGhee

Warnock wasn't permanent so he can gtf. 

23 hours ago, Millertime said:

Immediately, Big Hat logan springs to mind

But maybe not,  too obvious, I'll think about it 

I'd also ask it's just a sinbin  - ban is too harsh

But I'll negotiate for maybe 3 sin bins in lieu of one outright banning

@Bebo, thoughts?

Parklife surely?

Patronising. Arrogant. Everyone else is wrong him right, weasel as well.

Na fuck it...

Just cancel me. 

:popcorn:

Da rise to it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
4 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

but, as someone approaching 60, after over 50 years as a Dons supporter, 

Who did you support in those first 10 years?

Only joking. You lucky cunt. You got to see us when we were good and you didn't have millertime ruining it all.

3 hours ago, JumboJET said:

Hi all. 

Here is my list:

1. Jimmy
  2. Warnock
  3. McInnes
  4. Broonzer
  5. Robson
  6. Glass
  7. Goodwin 
  8. McGhee

2 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

You're better off starting a new thread for this.

Yeh, he should, on another forum. Donstalk would love the extra traffic.

1 hour ago, Sheeptastic said:

Dunty's had some good stuff. That's about it really.

Thank you.

@mainstandmoan

4 hours ago, JumboJET said:

Hi all. 

Here is my list:

1. Jimmy
  2. Warnock
  3. McInnes
  4. Broonzer
  5. Robson
  6. Glass
  7. Goodwin 
  8. McGhee

Assuming Jimmy is JC

1 McInnes - he won something and his record over time was decent has to be first.

2 Calderwood - got us a European run and got us beating the old firm again after years of torture - he made us feel like a real club again

3 Robson - He got third out of nowhere - we seem to forget that little miracle, didnt get embarrassed in Europe, nearly won a cup and deserved more time 

4 Brown - steadied a ship in choppy waters on a much poorer budget than any who occupied the seat after his appointment

5 Glass - Some of our possession play was really good - against the Hun at Pittodrie something like 65% possession. Needed time to get it right which doesn't happen with our support. If he had Miovski instead of Ramirez pulling a caravan through the sand dunes chasing a ball it would have been a different story.

6 - Goodwin - negligent, disrespectful of all the players and club standards in dealing with releasing players, ego the size of a planet - worst AFC POTY dinner ever as he paraded the guilty men before the shocked audience - you have to wonder what the F he was on.

7 McGhee - Sigma Olomouc - 9-0 - I wanted the Celtic job OMG what a disaster - tragic for someone who was a legend to fuck it up so badly

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, RedRevolution said:

Assuming Jimmy is JC

1 McInnes - he won something and his record over time was decent has to be first.

2 Calderwood - got us a European run and got us beating the old firm again after years of torture - he made us feel like a real club again

3 Robson - He got third out of nowhere - we seem to forget that little miracle, didnt get embarrassed in Europe, nearly won a cup and deserved more time 

4 Brown - steadied a ship in choppy waters on a much poorer budget than any who occupied the seat after his appointment

5 Glass - Some of our possession play was really good - against the Hun at Pittodrie something like 65% possession. Needed time to get it right which doesn't happen with our support. If he had Miovski instead of Ramirez pulling a caravan through the sand dunes chasing a ball it would have been a different story.

6 - Goodwin - negligent, disrespectful of all the players and club standards in dealing with releasing players, ego the size of a planet - worst AFC POTY dinner ever as he paraded the guilty men before the shocked audience - you have to wonder what the F he was on.

7 McGhee - Sigma Olomouc - 9-0 - I wanted the Celtic job OMG what a disaster - tragic for someone who was a legend to fuck it up so badly

PS Warnock (I know he is not permanent) - I really like him but he fucked it up. He destroyed what confidence there was and turned us into Hamilton Accies looking for a square go all over the park instead of playing with the ball. 

• Dildo 1
2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

1. Mcinnes 

2. Calderwood

3. Brown

4. Glass

5. Robson

6. Goodwin

7. McGhee

Warnock wasn't permanent so he can gtf. 

So..

1. DMC with the beard and the fake tan, well down the list without.

2. Goodwin, rocked the silver fox thing, again beard important. Loved his misplaced arrogance

3. Brown, a real charmer and great company at dinner. Intelligent 

4. McGhee, his arrogance and devil may care attitude was hot. Never assumed accountability though, not so hot

5. Robson, too ginger, dull conversation and repetitive. Monosyllabic. Had a questionable tattoo, which was a turn off 

6. Looked like a wee boy. Overly emotional and couldn’t stand up for himself. Lacked self belief, which is such a turn off. 

hope I’ve understood the question correctly..

• Thanks 1

I think Glass routinely had us playing better stuff than any manager since and many before. If he'd had the money and team that we got after him I could have seen us doing well but we were almost entirely toothless up front in his era and that's down to the team he had to work with.

I actually liked the football he had us playing the most since the Golden God seasons (ie: not his last). If he'd had Duk and Miovski? Oooohh....

So my ranking would be:

1. McInnes - some good highs, some dismal lows but on the whole the best because he won a cup.

2. JC (if we're including him) - if McInnes hadn't got that cup early then it would have been this guy at the top. Even if we were sloppy far too often. Ah. Sloppy... (How he got the performances he got out of some of the utter shit he had to work with I don't know)

3. Glass - see the top

4. Robson - only for his caretaker period and Europe this season. If it was based only league he'd be two positions lower

5. Brown - he stabilised us but not much more than that - forever appreciate the stabilising but it wasn't great to watch

6. Goodwin - nuff said, not much to say. oh wait. Fixing defence is easy. 

7. McGhee - how can such a good player be such a total turd of a manager. I'd not piss on him if he was on fire.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, a don in oz said:

I think Glass routinely had us playing better stuff than any manager since and many before. If he'd had the money and team that we got after him I could have seen us doing well but we were almost entirely toothless up front in his era and that's down to the team he had to work with.

I actually liked the football he had us playing the most since the Golden God seasons (ie: not his last). If he'd had Duk and Miovski? Oooohh....

So my ranking would be:

1. McInnes - some good highs, some dismal lows but on the whole the best because he won a cup.

2. JC (if we're including him) - if McInnes hadn't got that cup early then it would have been this guy at the top. Even if we were sloppy far too often. Ah. Sloppy... (How he got the performances he got out of some of the utter shit he had to work with I don't know)

3. Glass - see the top

4. Robson - only for his caretaker period and Europe this season. If it was based only league he'd be two positions lower

5. Brown - he stabilised us but not much more than that - forever appreciate the stabilising but it wasn't great to watch

6. Goodwin - nuff said, not much to say. oh wait. Fixing defence is easy. 

7. McGhee - how can such a good player be such a total turd of a manager. I'd not piss on him if he was on fire.

Not sure about 'routinely'. I would say performances against Hacken, Celtic and Rangers could fall into that category.

I can far easier recall a lot of insipid performances during his time - Raith, Motherwell (on three occasions), Dundee, Dundee United, Hibs, Jim Goodwin's St Mirren and a Stevie May-inspired St Johnstone.

Glass was healthily backed financially, unfortunately he and Russell decided to spend that budget on Gurr, Jet, Samuels, Jenks and so on. He didn't have a head of recruitment from day one, fair enough, but football managers will need to have an eye for a player themselves regardless of that and Glass did not.