Next Manager

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

One of the things he is known for is having 4 wide players in his squad.
Two run their arses off for an hour, then he subs on 2. 
The two wide players are very important to the way his teams play 

We currently have no-one suitable or good enough to fulfill that (please don’t mention Morris).

So, among other things, multiple wide players needed.

We don’t have many players in general that suit his style of play.

Assuming this gets confirmed, it’ll be another massive overhaul. 

Again assumption here, but Miovski, Duk & Barron leaving will generate a large amount & there could be around £3m from Ferguson moving on.

£10m+ in the bank if all that happens.

We can bank £6m-£7m & rebuild with the rest. 

Time to bring Conor McLennan home.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BrisDon said:

Let’s be honest, even if he gets 3rd next season expectations will simply revert to McInnes era and some folk will go back to moaning about the quality of the football and raging over every shit performance against Rangers or Celtic. 

Like everyone I will just be delighted to get back to this stage.  But I then want someone who says ok, whats the plan to improve us further.  I don't mean immediately win the league, just creative thinking  like, ok I get that the odds are stacked against us  domestically whether naturally or artificially but they are and we need to see how we might change that.  We might do well (better) in europe for instance.  That might release a few quid which will attract a better player.  And we build from that (as an example along with 10 or so other realistic objectives).  

As opposed to what at times seems like turning up in July with whoever we have left and hoping whilst simultaneously blaming everything from dry pitches to scandinavian winter shut downs why we haven't progressed, again.  And then shrugging our shoulders, saying pish like it is what it is and crucially asking us to repeat again next year.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

One of the things he is known for is having 4 wide players in his squad.
Two run their arses off for an hour, then he subs on 2. 
The two wide players are very important to the way his teams play 

We currently have no-one suitable or good enough to fulfill that (please don’t mention Morris).

So, among other things, multiple wide players needed.

We don’t have many players in general that suit his style of play.

Assuming this gets confirmed, it’ll be another massive overhaul. 

Again assumption here, but Miovski, Duk & Barron leaving will generate a large amount & there could be around £3m from Ferguson moving on.

£10m+ in the bank if all that happens.

We can bank £6m-£7m & rebuild with the rest. 

I can't see us going daft spending wise, I also have little trust on those calling the shots to sanction the right players.

Over 2m spent last summer with fuck all to show for it unless we somehow fluke the cup lol.

Biggest concern for me is with recruitment, a good window could see up top 4 easily but we'd have to get 75% of the signings spot on, a few of them will have to be of a level we don't have either.

Now I know money talks but can you see any ambitious player signing for us when we churn through managers and players?  Unlikely imo but hopefully we do land a few nice players that help the transition a long quicker.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, minijc said:

It requires the players here buying into what he wants to do.  Setting up his style of play will take time, I fear we'll get a lot of injuries too due to the nature his style.

I would say it'll take 3 windows before we are at our very best, bottom 6 next season wouldn't be a massive shock surprise though.

I haven’t watched any Swedish football but I take it your saying his style is high intensity never stop running always moving so we are expecting a lot of hamstring injuries, groin strain and pulled muscles 

Just now, minijc said:

I can't see us going daft spending wise, I also have little trust on those calling the shots to sanction the right players.

Over 2m spent last summer with fuck all to show for it unless we somehow fluke the cup lol.

Biggest concern for me is with recruitment, a good window could see up top 4 easily but we'd have to get 75% of the signings spot on, a few of them will have to be of a level we don't have either.

Now I know money talks but can you see any ambitious player signing for us when we churn through managers and players?  Unlikely imo but hopefully we do land a few nice players that help the transition a long quicker.

A realistic take on the current situation 

2 hours ago, BrisDon said:

Let’s be honest, even if he gets 3rd next season expectations will simply revert to McInnes era and some folk will go back to moaning about the quality of the football and raging over every shit performance against Rangers or Celtic. 

This is of course, true.

32 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He certainly should not be bottom 6 after the first round of fixtures.

He's easily got capacity to bring in around 5 players during pre-season based on who is leaving and another 5+ players by the end of the window based on who is likely to leave.

That is more than enough to get going with and also the 4 league cup games are really good pre season games to have

There’s exactly what I said about the fans having patience. Already you’ve decided being 7th after the first set of fixtures “certainly should not happen”. 

The guy is coming into a different country and has to undertake a massive rebuild while also trying to get the players to adapt to whatever style he wants to implement. 

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

This is of course, true.

There’s exactly what I said about the fans having patience. Already you’ve decided being 7th after the first set of fixtures “certainly should not happen”. 

The guy is coming into a different country and has to undertake a massive rebuild while also trying to get the players to adapt to whatever style he wants to implement. 

He'll get some leeway but our league is piss fucking poor so we should expect Leven, Thelin or anyone else to do ok

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Going to be interesting to see what happens with Duk in the summer, as he enters the last 12 months of his contract. The last 12 months have seen his value slide but we have to either cash in now, albeit reduced, or offer him a contract extension.

If his value was £1M and we've only got 50% of that, and if we know Miovski is gone its a good shout to hold on to January.

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Going to be interesting to see what happens with Duk in the summer, as he enters the last 12 months of his contract. The last 12 months have seen his value slide but we have to either cash in now, albeit reduced, or offer him a contract extension.

Sell.  

1) I don’t think he’d want to stay 

2) I don’t think his head has been in it since the proposed move to Spain fell through in January. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Sell.  

1) I don’t think he’d want to stay 

2) I don’t think his head has been in it since the proposed move to Spain fell through in January. 

1) agreed

2) can hardly blame him. Imagine having to listen to that jibbering, lug houking idiot.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If his value was £1M and we've only got 50% of that, and if we know Miovski is gone its a good shout to hold on to January.

No point selling him in January for half of the summer fee. May as well either sell in summer for maximum we can or keep and let him go for free.

37 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Well if it is Jimmy Thelin let us hope Cormack keeps to his word and backs him financially and none of the half measures that have blighted this club in the last 30 years.

If there’s one thing you can’t criticise Cormack for it’s making funds available for the playing squad

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
3 hours ago, minijc said:

It requires the players here buying into what he wants to do.  Setting up his style of play will take time, I fear we'll get a lot of injuries too due to the nature his style.

I would say it'll take 3 windows before we are at our very best, bottom 6 next season wouldn't be a massive shock surprise though.

He needs to inform Cormack to take a back seat ,  and let him know who he wants to sign before the new season starts.   And make it clear in no uncertain terms ,  by the way Davei will need  big cash. 

2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

If there’s one thing you can’t criticise Cormack for it’s making funds available for the playing squad

Well Cormack and his band of experts need to check out what they are splashing the cash on first.  And not like  a few Dumbos in the past where they paid big money and got nothing in return. 

2 hours ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I think we have seen the mindset of a few posters on here. It's been fuckin grim.

Some just having a laugh,taking it all a bit serious some of you,people wetting the bed over someone they've never heard of until recently.

Fuck sake you'd thought it was Pep or Klopp that was coming...Chill out lads.