Next Manager

Reaching the point where it probably has to be this week and it has to be a name that excites everyone. 

If they've stood with a cock in their hands and we end up with a run of the mill, Scottish football or lower league English appointment, folk will absolutely seethe. As they should. 

It's a sorry, sorry saga and it should embarrass the guys who take home six figure salaries from the club. 

Hopefully it's a positive outcome, in any case. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

You won’t though, min! By virtue of you talking about apathy, you know you still care. If you’re apathetic you wouldn’t post about it. We’ve seen worse than this current shit show and there’s always ups and downs. I’m raging too, but I will always buy my season ticket, as long I can afford to. 
you know you will too! Fit the fuck else are you gonna do at 3pm on a Saturday. (ko times and days vary).

keep the faith, mate 

I'm not talking about me when I mention apathy I'm describing the club and how its run.

I can assure you I am more than 80% decided I won't renew. I have no idea what age you are however I am of an older generation where I now struggle to get warm and stay warm during the winter months. Why suffer that when the product is so poor? I can watch RedTV in the winter and attend a few summer home games, pick and choose. 

I have genuinely lost interest in this Cormack lead circus. 

• Upvote 1

After sacking Robson at the end of January if the glorious FMB can't secure a decent manager by the split then Cormack, Gunn and Burrows need to seriously consider their positions and go.

I genuinely believe that you could throw 3 darts at fans leaving Pittodrie after a match and the 3 random folk you hit would be unlikely to do a worse job than these 3 imposters. 

We are not far from reaching rock bottom in the next season or two unless dramatic change takes place in the management of our club.

As they say on Dragon's Den "I'm out" until that change takes place. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, CCB III said:

Reaching the point where it probably has to be this week and it has to be a name that excites everyone. 

If they've stood with a cock in their hands and we end up with a run of the mill, Scottish football or lower league English appointment, folk will absolutely seethe. As they should. 

It's a sorry, sorry saga and it should embarrass the guys who take home six figure salaries from the club. 

Hopefully it's a positive outcome, in any case. 

confusing #cocktalk wit??

2 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Has any SPL club ever appointed a new manager at this late point in the season ? 

Maybe Hibs or Hearts, but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Did we not appoint derek late on?

5 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Did we not appoint derek late on?

25th March 2013 apparently. 

Different circumstances though....we appointed McInnes not because the club and the team were a clusterfuck, but because Brown had announced his intention to retire. 

It was more of a transition rather than a sacking/new appointment. 

3 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Different circumstances though....we appointed McInnes not because the club and the team were a clusterfuck, but because Brown had announced his intention to retire. 

Was it not we told Brown he wasn’t getting his contract renewed?

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Was it not we told Brown he wasn’t getting his contract renewed?

I can't remember, but Wiki says that it was because he'd announce he'd retire at the end of the season. 

We obviously placed him on the board of the club straight away, so that it would suggest that the whole thing was harmonious. 

Just now, Schapenneuker said:

I can't remember, but Wiki says that it was because he'd announce he'd retire at the end of the season. 

We obviously placed him on the board of the club straight away, so that it would suggest that the whole thing was harmonious. 

It’s irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things but I think we told Brown he wasn't getting his contract renewed and so he decided to spin it that he had decided to retire.

6 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Sorry, you didn't state it had to be u der similar circumstances. He also didn't take over until the split 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, DD1903 said:

Sorry, you didn't state it had to be u der similar circumstances. He also didn't take over until the split 

I'm not arguing with you. We did indeed appoint McInnes around this time, so well done on remembering that. 

But the circumstances were hugely different. 

10 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

So basically come Tuesday we'll be moving on to our next no1 target. 

10 hours ago, Willo flood said:

Well I look forward to an article in 24-48 hours time stating 

’Elfsborg boss Jimmy Thelin opts to stay, as Swedish born gaffer finally closes the door on pittodrie club.’

10 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Slams the door on dismal dons surely

Stop being so negative. He's coming. 

🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

I genuinely believe that you could throw 3 darts at fans leaving Pittodrie after a match and the 3 random folk you hit would be unlikely to do a worse job than these 3 imposters. 

You might get lifted though.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

It’s irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things but I think we told Brown he wasn't getting his contract renewed and so he decided to spin it that he had decided to retire.

Well aye, he's dead

Just now, Johnnyred1 said:

I think the big plus of getting Thelin over Scottish managers is his knowledge of the best players in Sweden and that continent, which may broaden our potential catchment area.

It’s why when we appoint a technical director I’d hope he’s not from uk so we can tap into his knowledge. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I think the big plus of getting Thelin over Scottish managers is his knowledge of the best players in Sweden and that continent, which may broaden our potential catchment area.

Which one?  Europe?  😆

• Haha 2
  • Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, slippers said:

It’s why when we appoint a technical director I’d hope he’s not from uk so we can tap into his knowledge. 

Slightly different role to the ones he has experience for/is currently doing (DOF and Head of scouting network) but wondered if we could coax Hans Gillhaus away from his position at Sunderland? Feel he got mentioned as a shout during one of the eternal Gunn replacement discussions ages ago