Aberdeen 1 - 1 HJK Helsinki

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

The most hysterical overreaction I’ve ever seen :laughing:

Calm doon Frankie, min 

It's not

What's the point of this?

Season after season, aiming to be 3rd at best

Winning a domestic cup every 20 years

Getting into a group stage in Europe every 15 years only now, when we get there, we turn up insipid,  absolutely pathetic dirge like that 

I expect more

I demand more 

I'm definitely away now, this shower of keech 100% doesn't deserve my precious energy

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

It's not

Getting into a group stage in Europe every 15 years only now, when we get there, we turn up insipid,  absolutely pathetic dirge like that 

I expect more

I demand more 

I'm definitely away now, this shower of keech 100% doesn't deserve my precious energy

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

You’re fucking mental.

First 60 mins was played at a laborious pace by us. Deserved to be 1-0 down. 

Much improved last 30 but even then it was very hopeful and speculative. 

One of the worst refs I've seen at Pittodrie. 

Rubezic was very good tonight. 

Shinnie clearly can't play two 90s a week, anonymous after the 60th. 

Barron should start over Clarkson on Sunday. By no means panic stations but fuck me that first 60 was poor for a European home match against that opposition. I expected better. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

It's not

I expect more

I demand more 

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

You’ll be missed :cry:

Calm doon some of ye.

We didn't lose and gained a point, and we didn't concede 2 goals in Europe for the first time in 4 matches.

We're not world beaters and are learning to play in Europe as a manager and a team.

The amount of Scottish teams that often get gubbed makes a draw look OK. 

Hopefully we can support that point with a victory in one of our two remaining home ties and, perhaps, defeat Helsinki on their own patch.

4 games undefeated, onwards and upwards. 

Folk saying it's the only point we'll get. Based on what? The fact we played shite for 70 mins tonight?

The last 20 and the game against Frankfurt would suggest we can pick up points.

You might be right but it's by no means a write off. We've got it in us. Clarkson needs to play further forward or drop to bench for Barron. Duk needs benched as well.

10 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You can't blame where he's being deployed on him CONSTANTLY hitting shite passes

I'm close to deciding aberdeen fc don't deserve me

I'm away,  got better things to be doing

Thank fuck for that. Piss off and don’t let the door hit you on the way out 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

First 60 mins was played at a laborious pace by us. Deserved to be 1-0 down. 

Much improved last 30 but even then it was very hopeful and speculative. 

One of the worst refs I've seen at Pittodrie. 

Rubezic was very good tonight. 

Shinnie clearly can't play two 90s a week, anonymous after the 60th. 

Barron should start over Clarkson on Sunday. By no means panic stations but fuck me that first 60 was poor for a European home match against that opposition. I expected better. 

Good summary. I don't see why we can't accommodate Clarkson and Barron in the team - Barron is more suited to the deep lying role and Clarkson is more suited to sitting behind the forwards. It would mean the midfield was very small phyiscally but that doesn't need to be a problem if we play to our strengths and move the ball quickly on the deck. Having said that, McGrath probably doesn't deserve to be dropped as he's played pretty well the last few games.

1 minute ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Calm doon some of ye.

We didn't lose and gained a point, and we didn't concede 2 goals in Europe for the first time in 4 matches.

We're not world beaters and are learning to play in Europe as a manager and a team.

The amount of Scottish teams that often get gubbed makes a draw look OK. 

Hopefully we can support that point with a victory in one of our two remaining home ties and, perhaps, defeat Helsinki on their own patch.

4 games undefeated, onwards and upwards. 

Aye semi in that mould with how I'm posting also this evening.

Duks missed chance bothered me and will for a little while cause that's the 3 points there and what a buzz going into the next round of games.

We now have to go for the 3 points against paok and perhaps sneak STEAL something in Greece.

I do also believe we will beat this Helsinki away.

I'm also very fucking deluded.

1 minute ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

I'm not sure why but I think we'll beat them in Helsinki. We might even get something from Frankfurt at home, they're overrated.

We seem to start slow and work our way into the game at our own pace. 

I don't think Helsinki will fuck around, and will go for the throat early doors, and we're going to need to weather a storm  before we settle. 

If we can keep them out till half time we'll maybe get a result of some sort. 

14 minutes ago, robbojunior said:

Clarkson needs dropped for a bit to give him a kick up the arse.

Don't think qualifying is beyond us in spite of this being a big disappointment. I'd say we're capable of beating any of them at home. If we get our fucking fingers out

Love the optimism but big home games seem to bring out the worst in us. We play best with a 541 away from home where we keep it tight and disciplined and play on the counter. I think we’ve a better chance of beating HJK away. PAOK will destroy us. Look at the Hearts game against them. Tempo tempo tempo. Always circulating the ball. Strong athletic runners. We’ll maybe sneak a point at home to them. Frankfurt at home could be interesting. Clearly not the team they were. And we’ll get out of bed for Eintracht.  

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Helsinki were nothing special, definitely beatable. 

Disappointing overall, bit of a flat performance really - the stop start nature of the first half probably played a part in that. 

They looked like they could keep the ball under pressure whereas we were pretty poor in that respect and we were too slow in moving the ball from side to side for it to have any impact.

Clarkson was poor, Barron made a big difference and is better suited to the deeper role alongside Shinnie. I think Clarkson should be competing with McGrath for the more advanced midfield role. McGrath is playing well but I think our best midfield might be Barron alonside Shinnie with Clarkson in the no10 role.

Some poor referee decisions - Duk looks like he's taken a right hook from Mike Tyson that's possibly burst his ear drum. Can't believe VAR didn't even check it.

We did have a couple of decent chances to score another goal, but Helsinki had one or two of their own.

Fair point. When you get trauma to the ear, your balance gets fucked. I just had visions of Duk tucking his chance away and he blasted it right at the keeper. He's not a cool-headed player, is he?

A narrow loss with Frankfurt, our two wins over County, the win over Rangers and now scraping a point out this despite the ref and the flying elbows. How someone can look that and say the season is over is beyond me. If anything we seemed to have began to turn it around, the play badly and still get a result is what good teams do.  I'll happily take that quality of performance without a defeat, although I really don't think we played as bad as people are making out, but if that is us bad - then we have nothing to fear going over there. 

POAK are the team to worry about, they seem to be the team that will finish top of the group.  

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Not for the whole season. 

He was gassed and totally ineffective for most of the second half.

Should've been  subbed. 

They were all ineffective for the 2nd half.

Barron tried and Miovski scored, other than that none of our players were able to impact the game.

To single out Shinnie is just shite.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Big Dode said:

A draw with Frankfurt, our two wins over County, the win over Rangers and now scraping a point out this despite the ref and the flying elbows. How someone can look that and say the season is over is beyond me. If anything we seemed to have began to turn it around, the play badly and still get a result is what good teams do.  I'll happily take that quality of performance without a defeat, although I really don't think we played as bad as people are making out, but if that is us bad - then we have nothing to fear going over there. 

POAK are the team to worry about, they seem to be the team that will finish top of the group.  

Technically speaking we did lose to Frankfurt. 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

They were all ineffective for the 2nd half.

Barron tried and Miovski scored, other than that none of our players were able to impact the game.

To single out Shinnie is just shite.

This just proves that you can't say a single thing against him, fuck me, Consi wasn't even having a dig at him.