Aberdeen 1 - 1 HJK Helsinki

Just now, TerryMcDermott said:

Love the optimism but big home games seem to bring out the worst in us. We play best with a 541 away from home where we keep it tight and disciplined and play on the counter. I think we’ve a better chance of beating HJK away. PAOK will destroy us. Look at the Hearts game against them. Tempo tempo tempo. Always circulating the ball. Strong athletic runners. We’ll maybe sneak a point at home to them. Frankfurt at home could be interesting. Clearly not the team they were. And we’ll get out of bed for Eintracht.  

It's not going to be easy of course but it's not a foregone conclusion that we won't pick up any more points.

They were not a great team and they only lost 3-2 to PAOK.

Robson really has his work cut out but it's not beyond the realms.

Miovski is class. Barron looked really good. Our back line looks good apart from switching off for their goal.  Ref was honking tonight. It's a point when we only actually played any decent fitba for 20 mins.

1 minute ago, englishred said:

Was a good point over all, could do with going for it a little bit more however they played very well,  POAK will be very tough, they are no mugs

Having seen the quality of opposition im not overlay sure how anyone can be happy with a point. Massive missed opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

They were all ineffective for the 2nd half.

Barron tried and Miovski scored, other than that none of our players were able to impact the game.

To single out Shinnie is just shite.

I'm not singling him out I'm just saying I noticed he was ineffective after 60 mins. 

Hardly going after him 😄

Thought it was a game between 2 very even teams but apart from end of the first half when we were down to 10 men and start of the second half we were the better team. They sat in very deep that’s why it was hard to find space. 

Barron was excellent when he came on, sadly nothing really came off for Clarkson but wasn’t through lack of effort. 

Think when we put on think I’d have left devlin on and taken of a centre half, keeping 3 at the back wasn’t needed and McGrath would of been better if further forward but apart from that can’t really complain. 

the ref was shocking some very baffling decisions out there and var never helped him. 

We will beat them over there 

Just now, CCB III said:

He's 32 like. Normal to tire more easily. 

Oh, I agree and I said it a few times that he'll need to be managed properly over the season, not ideal when there's no direct replacement.

Just now, Reed or deed said:

What do you think should be questioned.

His heart, desire or determination?

Those 3 things are good but when he's toiling due to being overplayed they won't do much in the game.  I thought he was decent enough but clearly tired and could have been subbed.

4 minutes ago, JakieBastard said:

Duk missed a good chance. Other than that I thought he was one of our better players

He should have absolutely buried that. He is a good player though, he like a couple of others are really struggling to play Robsonball, it's bloody obvious. Either that or he has just naturally gone from our player of the season to zero in 3 or 4 months. 

A heap of absolute shite, where we were dominated from start to finish because they knew how we'd set up, and how inflexible our formation was.

The HJK guys in the boozer before the game knew exactly how we'd play, and we were so fucking predictable.

What's the point of playing Duk when he touches the ball 3 times a game, and one of them is a complete sitter that he misses???

As right as Robson got it on Saturday, he was niave and pathetic tonight.

We'll get utterly ridden by the Greeks and Eintracht.

Complete shite. 

• Downvote 1
6 minutes ago, Big Dode said:

A narrow loss with Frankfurt, our two wins over County, the win over Rangers and now scraping a point out this despite the ref and the flying elbows. How someone can look that and say the season is over is beyond me. If anything we seemed to have began to turn it around, the play badly and still get a result is what good teams do.  I'll happily take that quality of performance without a defeat, although I really don't think we played as bad as people are making out, but if that is us bad - then we have nothing to fear going over there. 

POAK are the team to worry about, they seem to be the team that will finish top of the group.  

18 minutes ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

I find him to be a bit of a "novelty" player, a luxury player, does fancy stuff but can't score one-on-ones. He's theatrical, looks out of place in a Dons team, he'd be better suited to a tier 2 English or French club. Can't see the Cape Verde coach playing him in the World Cup qualifiers or African Cup now. He'll end up sitting on benches in Africa while the Dons play crucial domestic matches, just watch...

You are comfortably among the worst posters on this forum. I'm not sure who you are but you, along with several of the more recent newcomers, are rather annoying and churn out shite post after shite post. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

LOL 

Barry mentioned we had 26 shots against Hacken in his post match interview 😄

Also basically saying the referee wasn’t up to the required standard.  
Which is 100% correct. He was absolute shite.

HAHAHA

Someone should ask him how 10 men Dundee United had over 20 on our goal, a shite Killie team had similar, Ross County too, it means fuck all if you don't score enough of them.

• Upvote 1

Not sure what to say about that. Haven’t read the pages, so others may see it differently.

Started painfully slowly. Batman and Jensen slow the game down generally, which is frustrating. Don’t get 10 square passes then launching it forward. The slow passing doesn’t draw them out. If you’re going to hit it long, just skip the square ball routine. Or, ideally, keep it on the ground and move the ball quicker. 
they were tidy enough on the ball when given time, which we gave them for 70 odd minutes. Think they kept the ball for about 2 mins at the start of the second half, which was embarrassing. They’re no great shakes overall though.

much improved after they scored. Great goal from Miovski, but Duk has to score. 
needed 3 points in the only ‘easy’ fixture in the group.

thought Miovski was excellent, Shinnie was good in stages, Barron good when he came on as was Hayes, who should have started.

clarkson was poor as were Batman and jenson, in my view. Duk still not at it either.

some better stuff in the second half, but very flat at times, which was baffling. Slow start killed the atmosphere.

the Greek mob will be materially better than them. Massive uplift required..

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

Calm down dear.

If he deserves criticism, he should get it.

He didn’t though.

No one is actually criticising him though are they?  This just shows that he's almost untouchable in some fans eyes, mention that he looks tired "Y R U PICKING ON ONE OF OUR OWN"

Just now, Reed or deed said:

So, which player out of both teams would you say was effective after 60 minutes?

Their big black midfielder was tidy as fuck. 

From a footballing sense. 

Almost like a Polvara type player, but obviously not as good. 

I assume he was a midfielder. 

He was big and black, regardless. 

The HJK player, not Polvara. 

Obviously. 

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, minijc said:

HAHAHA

Someone should ask him how 10 men Dundee United had over 20 on our goal, a shite Killie team had similar, Ross County too, it means fuck all if you don't score enough of them.

Here we go again. Yes an opportunity missed , not taking our chances. Not keen on the constant long throws . Is only effective occasionally and the ball needs to be put in flat with pace.