Robsonball

On 11/6/2023 at 9:08 AM, ERNIE said:

So what was the difference with the Motherwell game a few days later?

They used the midfield. They passed short and kept the ball on the ground. Roos didn't punt the ball out like he was playing possession rugby every time he got the ball. No more pointless long throws in to the box. They wore a snazzy strip. 

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

What we thinking Robsonball will yield out of the following fixtures? 

POAK (A)

Celtic (A)

rangers (H)

HJK (A)

Hibs (A)

Killie (H)

Hearts (H)

Frankfurt (A)

Rangers (N)

I’m really struggling to see us win any. Maybe HJK or Killie at home there is a chance. L,L,L,D,L,D,D,L,L

A wee tad negative don’t you think 

should we just cancel trying to get tickets 🤔

12 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

A wee tad negative don’t you think 

should we just cancel trying to get tickets 🤔

Perhaps but we have been horrendous this season and even when we have played well in bigger games we still lose. It’s also a pretty tough run of games. I do give us a chance against rangers but harder to gauge under new manager. What’s your predictions? 

3 hours ago, slippers said:

POAK (A)

Celtic (A)

rangers (H)

HJK (A)

Hibs (A)

Killie (H)

Hearts (H)

Frankfurt (A)

Rangers (N)

I’m really struggling to see us win any. Maybe HJK or Killie at home there is a chance. L,L,L,D,L,D,D,L,L

Winning the fucking lot

• Upvote 1

POAK (A)

Celtic (A)

rangers (H)

HJK (A)

Hibs (A)

Killie (H)

Hearts (H)

Frankfurt (A)

Rangers (N)

Thats a bit pessimistic. We'll get a couple of wins along the way. 

The run from the Hampden game to the winter break looks like a time to get some points on the board

6 hours ago, DD1903 said:

POAK (A)  L

Celtic (A)  L

rangers (H) L

HJK (A)  L 

Hibs (A)  L

Killie (H)  L

Hearts (H)  L

Frankfurt (A)  L

Rangers (N) L

Anything else will be a nice wee surprise/bonus

If the first 6 of those turn out to be right then Robson won’t be in charge for the seventh

7 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Thats a bit pessimistic. We'll get a couple of wins along the way. 

The run from the Hampden game to the winter break looks like a time to get some points on the board

You’re probably right. But it’s a tough run of games. I just find it hard to imagine when we have been playing so badly. The europa are bonus games really so i importance in them other than money. If we can pick up atleast a couple league wins in that run we will be ok and like you say after that we will hopefully kick into gear. 

You’re probably right. But it’s a tough run of games. I just find it hard to imagine when we have been playing so badly. The europa are bonus games really so i importance in them other than money. If we can pick up atleast a couple league wins in that run we will be ok and like you say after that we will hopefully kick into gear. 

Literally 2 games ago we played well. We then won a big game while not playing well.

You also seem to forget that most of the teams we play are also shite 

Cheer up

10 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Literally 2 games ago we played well. We then won a big game while not playing well.

You also seem to forget that most of the teams we play are also shite 

Cheer up

Yeah but we were horrific the next. There was hope after well game then it evaporated during Hibs game even after stealing a win.

I will be absolutely delighted if I’m proved wrong! 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, slippers said:

POAK (A)

Celtic (A)

rangers (H)

HJK (A)

Hibs (A)

Killie (H)

Hearts (H)

Frankfurt (A)

Rangers (N)

Don't get me wrong have been critical of Robson's approach almost from the day that he was appointed permanently. 

However have been pleasantly surprised with away wins at Huns and Well and the smash and grab at Hampden. 

Therefore with that in mind we will most definitely not go winless in the next 9 games.

Yes we will suffer a few defeats, especially to Tims and in Europe but the general standard in Scottish football will ensure we win some games there, particularly against Killie and Hearts. 

You would never know we are on  a 2 game winning streak.  Lets be real, the 3 euro games mean nothing outside of money at this point.  The two old firms are always going to be challenging.. the rest are winnable. Plus a couple of games in hand albeit does not matter if we play like last saturday as opposed to the motherwall game

POAK (A) - Heavy Defeat

rangers (H) - Snorefest our way through a shite backs to the wall performance but let in a cheap goal, 0-1 defeat.

HJK (A) - This will be the anomaly fixture where we play well again (see Motherwell). Win 3-1

Hibs (A) - back to usual, but Hibs shite too 0-0

Killie (H) - a copycat of the St Johnstone game - 0-0

Hearts (H) -  0-2 defeat Shankland double, 1 a pen. 

Frankfurt (H) heroic performance from a second string side but succombe to a 2-1 defeat again. 

Rangers (N) - 0-0 after 90 minutes, crumble in ET to a 2-0 defeat

Robson to get his P45 for Christmas. 

50 minutes ago, SoundOfSilence said:

POAK (A) - Heavy Defeat

rangers (H) - Snorefest our way through a shite backs to the wall performance but let in a cheap goal, 0-1 defeat.

HJK (A) - This will be the anomaly fixture where we play well again (see Motherwell). Win 3-1

Hibs (A) - back to usual, but Hibs shite too 0-0

Killie (H) - a copycat of the St Johnstone game - 0-0

Hearts (H) -  0-2 defeat Shankland double, 1 a pen. 

Frankfurt (H) heroic performance from a second string side but succombe to a 2-1 defeat again. 

Rangers (N) - 0-0 after 90 minutes, crumble in ET to a 2-0 defeat

Robson to get his P45 for Christmas. 

Pretty similar to my thoughts. Hopefully we are way off mark!