Robsonball

39 minutes ago, Feedtheduk said:

See he mentioned the hacken game and 24 shots on target again post match, surely on the wind up now 😂

We all know he’s nae the full shilling, tactically naive and pig headed, but he’s got us to a final so will get some respite.

I’ve stopped watching his interviews though, he’s an embarrassing, cringeworthy moron.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, CraigHill said:

We all know he’s nae the full shilling, tactically naive and pig headed, but he’s got us to a final so will get some respite.

I’ve stopped watching his interviews though, he’s an embarrassing, cringeworthy moron.

Change the record. We reach a final and you still moan. Cheer up min!!

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, G man said:

I hope we rest a number of players for the Frankfurt game as it is likely that we will not progress in Europe.

The cup final is far more important.

Have you seen Robsons use of the squad lately? He does what you suggest and we could be on the end of a humiliating hiding. You want him to make changes then he needs to start giving proper minutes to fringe players and soon.

2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Have you seen Robsons use of the squad lately? He does what you suggest and we could be on the end of a humiliating hiding. You want him to make changes then he needs to start giving proper minutes to fringe players and soon.

I’m struggling to think of any players on the bench that have had a lot of game time out with a couple. 

He’s basically using about 14 players. 

As much as Robson talks about fatigue & the fixture list, he rarely makes more than a couple of changes. 

Clearly doesn’t trust a lot of the squad. 

It’s as if he’s hoping to get through to January relatively intact using those 14, then when it’s more 1 game per week, they’ll get more down time, albeit we’ll have 3 league games to re-arrange.  
Dundee (h), Livi (h) & then get booted off the pitch by Leveins cloggers in Perth. 

21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m struggling to think of any players on the bench that have had a lot of game time out with a couple. 

He’s basically using about 14 players. 

As much as Robson talks about fatigue & the fixture list, he rarely makes more than a couple of changes. 

Clearly doesn’t trust a lot of the squad. 

It’s as if he’s hoping to get through to January relatively intact using those 14, then when it’s more 1 game per week, they’ll get more down time, albeit we’ll have 3 league games to re-arrange.  
Dundee (h), Livi (h) & then get booted off the pitch by Leveins cloggers in Perth. 

Who could he bring on that wouldn't weaken the team?We have the team that started yesterday plus Polvara and Duk.

Needs to use the squad but doesn't rate/trust a lot of them. At the same time he's under pressure and needs results consistently. Can't be easy. 

To be fair, there's not many that have came on as subs that we've been shouting for to get starts either.  Who has really staked any sort of claim for regular football? 

January will be interesting. 

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

No l want him to field his strongest team for the final. Frankfurt game not important

16 hours ago, Roberto said:

Not a case of damned if we do damned if we don't, lad... that was fucking terrible. Absolutely atrocious.

We didn't deserve that one bit.

However, at this stage I couldn't give 2 fucks, another final.

Moving forward, this one good game one bad game shit needs sorting.

Excellent football against Motherwell to that turgid uninspiring nonsense which has been the case all season is a MAJOR concern.

Cup final... name on the trophy.

That’s the problem they win a game, think they are the greatest, until they go into the next game and collapse. 

I hate all our poor attempts at possession ‘recycling’ at the back when most of the players are so poor at passing. Often results in loss of possession in danger areas or back with Roos to either then pass it into danger again,or go long & out of play (almost as often as clangers kick outs did) it’s dreadful to watch & nervy/frustrating as fk. 

Why Robson cannot see how poor it is & hasn’t addressed it is beyond me

15 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

This ^^^ 

play your best team and fight like fuck to win or suffer the kind of defeat that can utterly derail a season. We’re in November. If someone’s not up to speed at this point, blooding them against Eintracht is an invitation to get fucking destroyed. 

On 11/5/2023 at 8:36 AM, CraigHill said:

If only we'd appointed that brilliant manager at Hibs instead....

16 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I hate all our poor attempts at possession ‘recycling’ at the back when most of the players are so poor at passing. Often results in loss of possession in danger areas or back with Roos to either then pass it into danger again,or go long & out of play (almost as often as clangers kick outs did) it’s dreadful to watch & nervy/frustrating as fk. 

Why Robson cannot see how poor it is & hasn’t addressed it is beyond me

Agree with a lot of that , but I’m not sure it’s down to the players being poor at passing.  I think the main problem is the lack of movement from teammates  to give the player in possession at least one option to get an attacking move going. Far too often the only option (apart from passing back to Roos) is to play it sideways or backwards to a player who the opposition are happy to have the ball. Until the pass back to Roos is the only option.

2 hours ago, redone said:

Agree with a lot of that , but I’m not sure it’s down to the players being poor at passing.  I think the main problem is the lack of movement from teammates  to give the player in possession at least one option to get an attacking move going. Far too often the only option (apart from passing back to Roos) is to play it sideways or backwards to a player who the opposition are happy to have the ball. Until the pass back to Roos is the only option.

Yep, on Saturday you had Barron (or occasionally Clarkson) dropping deep to offer themselves, and that was literally their only forward option other than firing it long. It's painful to watch.

It got us through, but fuck me if we play the rest of the season that way then crowds will be down next season

2 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

The million dollar question.

Of course it’s easy to say because we actually kept the ball on the deck and passed and moved.

Why we don’t do that every game only the powers that be at the club know.

What I don't know is if we can be expected to be at our best 4 games in 10 days with our 13/14 players and associated travel.Be interested what the sports scientists say.

• Downvote 1
44 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

What I don't know is if we can be expected to be at our best 4 games in 10 days with our 13/14 players and associated travel.Be interested what the sports scientists say.

There was a point back in the days (maybe 82 or 83), where we played something like 8 matches in 14 days. 

And won pretty much all of them. 

These are young men at the peak of their athletic ability, and training, diet, medical, transport and recovery regimes are all a million times better than they were 40 years ago. 

This 'they must be tired playing 2 games in a week' mantra is something that's crept into our perceptions. For me, it's a heap of utter pish. 

• Upvote 1
On 11/5/2023 at 12:33 PM, ERNIE said:

Who could he bring on that wouldn't weaken the team?We have the team that started yesterday plus Polvara and Duk.

Mcdonald and Hayes, could be used a bit more and I'd like to see a bit more of Ester Sokler. 

Duncan and Besuijen could also be incorporated into certain games

• Upvote 1