Robsonball

1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

The FMB should have had the courage at the end of last season to say to Robson 'Thanks for what you've done, but we've decided to go in another direction. Hopefully you'll get a decent gig on the back of getting us into Europe'.

But alas, they didn't have the balls. 

One thing I do think that has gone against him and I think it would've been the same for any new manager that could've came in, is that he would have possibly struggled at the beginning with recruitment still under way. 

Yes I agree. They could have even given him the option to stay on and maybe learn a bit more from someone more experienced but I'm assuming they just stopped looking.

On recruitment it's a fair point but we will never know. You would assume that an experienced manager would have much more ability to bring in players though. Certainly much more of a network than Barry fucking Robson who's no experience in management and has been working with the youths. 

15 minutes ago, True_Don said:

Anyone that is now saying Robson should never have been appointed, he was only ever u18 manager and we should have got a more experienced manager etc is talking shite. His record as interim manager and the turnaround last season made him the right choice at that time.

But by the same token, the imbalanced squad, style of play/tactics and form this season means the club have to start looking at alternative options and be ready with a manager with a higher calibre CV.

Sorry but you’re the one talking shite here.

Some of us actually had the sense to want the club to have a proper strategy and bring in a good manager not gamble on a complete and utter novice just because he won a string of games over a very short period.

His record as interim certainly meant he was worth consideration but it should never have made him a certainty.

If we had half a fucking clue we’d know what sort of managers we want and can get.

• Upvote 3
Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

His win ratio since then is about 20%.

He needs emptied now.

Eye bleeding football when we actually have some decent players in midfield & attack. 
That’s unforgivable 

We’re not fucking Livingston.

Yeah it’s unacceptable. Fans accepting it is the worst part.

“Because the rest of the league is poor it’s ok we are poor as we could still nab third”. 

pathetic! 

57 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Let’s be entirely honest here.  Hearts capitulation towards the end of the season was a big part of the reason we got into Europe as much as anything Barry did.  Even in the last few games of last season, for example against Hibs we were played off the park. Again being honest we were outplayed in the cup semi final and damn lucky to be in the final, we are playing really crap football that our key players don’t want to be playing, they merely have the decorum to not say anything other at this juncture.   Sorry but we need an experienced manager who will play football, in the words of our manager, This is not Aberdeen. 

But here we are, a European run that brought a lot of money into the club and a cup final still to play. Do I even need to tell you how much our support will wank themselves into oblivion if we beat rangers in a cup final? We could finish bottom 3 and it would be forgiven.

56 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Bhl is just doing his 'thing'. Best ignored. It's this or call people 'beige'

If you are incapable of a proper debate then just don’t get involved, champ.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, True_Don said:

Anyone that is now saying Robson should never have been appointed, he was only ever u18 manager and we should have got a more experienced manager etc is talking shite. His record as interim manager and the turnaround last season made him the right choice at that time.

Nonsense. Just because you thought it was the right choice doesn't mean it was the right choice, or that everyone else thought so too. 

6 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Sorry but you’re the one talking shite here.

Some of us actually had the sense to want the club to have a proper strategy and bring in a good manager not gamble on a complete and utter novice just because he won a string of games over a very short period.

His record as interim certainly meant he was worth consideration but it should never have made him a certainty.

If we had half a fucking clue we’d know what sort of managers we want and can get.

Some people maybe had some reservations but I saw nobody outright say this was the wrong appointment and predict the outcome as it stands today. Show me that on the forum and then I'll accept I'm talking shite if so.

6 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

But here we are, a European run that brought a lot of money into the club and a cup final still to play. Do I even need to tell you how much our support will wank themselves into oblivion if we beat rangers in a cup final? We could finish bottom 3 and it would be forgiven.

L

O

L

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

No it wouldn’t. A cup would be fantastic but the league is bread and butter. European qualification is bare minimum expectation. Would be nothing short of a disgrace not finishing in top 5! 

Just now, slippers said:

No it wouldn’t. A cup would be fantastic but the league is bread and butter. European qualification is bare minimum expectation. Would be nothing short of a disgrace not finishing in top 5! 

Of course it would. If we beat rangers in a cup final the league position would be completely moot, apart from relegation obviously.

12 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Nonsense. Just because you thought it was the right choice doesn't mean it was the right choice, or that everyone else thought so too. 

That's not what I'm saying though is it. What was your take on the appointment? Show me this in the forum.

What I'm saying is, the 'I told you so' cunts did not say this was the wrong appointment and the style of play would be this and our results would be as they are as of today.

That's the bit that's shite, folk saying they had the foresight on this.

Show us the foresight now, who should we appoint?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, slippers said:

agreed . Even Cormack will be expecting europe again and a top 4 minimum.  If we set up like that at Hampden then Rangers could easily do the same again to us, 

36 minutes ago, True_Don said:

That's not what I'm saying though is it. What was your take on the appointment? Show me this in the forum.

What I'm saying is, the 'I told you so' cunts did not say this was the wrong appointment and the style of play would be this and our results would be as they are as of today.

That's the bit that's shite, folk saying they had the foresight on this.

Show us the foresight now, who should we appoint?

That's a tragic post mate, really it is.

47 minutes ago, True_Don said:

Some people maybe had some reservations but I saw nobody outright say this was the wrong appointment and predict the outcome as it stands today. Show me that on the forum and then I'll accept I'm talking shite if so.

I said it was the wrong appointment. So did quite a few others.

If you’re that bothered to go looking for the evidence yourself. Lazy prick.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

The results fell off a cliff almost immediately when he was appointed fully, eh?

Since being given the job full time AND since Duk stopped a short spell playing like he was Brazil international rather than a Cape Verde international.

There’s a case to say Robson got lucky as fuck at that point.