Robsonball

58 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Possibly right that Agnew has some influence in this but Robson doesn’t strike me as the type to be that much of a walkover that he would do it without being in full agreement.

regarding his time as youth coach though, they are forced to play the formations the current first team managers want them to are they not? For better ‘transitioning’ into first team. Robson does love the transitions 

The 2nd paragraph is a fair point & probably sensible & right. 

20 hours ago, VinegarStrokes said:

I disagree, if you're adopting a different formation then that by definition is adopting a different tactic. I don't believe for a second you think that professional football is just as simple as saying its 11 v 11 though.

By the way I'm not disputing 3 at the back is a particularly good or bad formation with the players available to us but to say that adopting a completely new formation makes no difference is clearly bonkers

It doesn’t matter if your playing 352 532 4231 442 433 if we are playing hoofball like you all say it would make no difference. 

21 minutes ago, thurso said:

It doesn’t matter if your playing 352 532 4231 442 433 if we are playing hoofball like you all say it would make no difference. 

No, that's not quite true. In fact it's nonsense.

Hoofball can work to an extent if you aren't hoofing it to nobody with nobody in support and you are set up with everyone behind the ball. So obviously a formation does matter. Often teams come to pittodrie and play hoofball without a 5 man defence. it can work to pin a team back if the formation (and personnel to match) is deployed.

19 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

No, that's not quite true. In fact it's nonsense.

Hoofball can work to an extent if you aren't hoofing it to nobody with nobody in support and you are set up with everyone behind the ball. So obviously a formation does matter. Often teams come to pittodrie and play hoofball without a 5 man defence. it can work to pin a team back if the formation (and personnel to match) is deployed.

If you read my posts on other threads you will see I agree that it works if you can play long passes effectively but sadly it goes back to Roos and his kicking is poor generally  

We are hardly playing a 5 man defence devlin and Mackenzie are generally pushed up unless we are playing a good team. 

Just, wow

Wow wow wow

We have the 3rd largest budget in the league and consistently serve up utter, utter pish against teams with a fraction of our budget

Is it wrong to expect because we spend more, we should be better?

That's the reason the Glasgow two are better so it's the same reason we should be too

Every match thread is exactly the same

Bemoaning lack of quality, thumping the ball up the park and just simply no attempts on target

This is terminally broken and Robson has, HAS to go

He is a proper actual idiot

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Don’t blame the board for giving Robson the gig after salvaging last season, but you’ve got to face up to the facts now and acknowledge he isn’t the man for the job after all. 

Aside from when we’ve been underdogs, when was the last time we played well against anyone? There’s enough quality in the squad to be playing much better football compared to the consistent shite served up. 

Good luck elsewhere Barry, time is up. 

• Upvote 1

Enough is enough. Would have been hard to deny Robson the opportunity to show what he could do as manager on a permanent basis based on results as caretaker last season. Wanted him to do well, but have seen more than enough to know this won’t happen. Eye-bleeding hoofball, no plan B, tactical ineptness and stubbornness. We are regressing at an alarming rate. Only question is how long will it take the board to act?

5 minutes ago, NouDon said:

Enough is enough. Would have been hard to deny Robson the opportunity to show what he could do as manager on a permanent basis based on results as caretaker last season. Wanted him to do well, but have seen more than enough to know this won’t happen. Eye-bleeding hoofball, no plan B, tactical ineptness and stubbornness. We are regressing at an alarming rate. Only question is how long will it take the board to act?

January is our tradition.

36 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Just, wow

Wow wow wow

We have the 3rd largest budget in the league and consistently serve up utter, utter pish against teams with a fraction of our budget

Is it wrong to expect because we spend more, we should be better?

That's the reason the Glasgow two are better so it's the same reason we should be too

Every match thread is exactly the same

Bemoaning lack of quality, thumping the ball up the park and just simply no attempts on target

This is terminally broken and Robson has, HAS to go

He is a proper actual idiot

The idiot is Dave Cormack. Can't run a football club or hire a competent manager. Three attempts and fucked it up massively.

It's so bad I'd take McInnes back in a heartbeat. But you'll struggle to get any decent manager at Pittodrie whilst Dave Cormack is there interfering in everyone. 

33 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

Don’t blame the board for giving Robson the gig after salvaging last season, but you’ve got to face up to the facts now and acknowledge he isn’t the man for the job after all. 

Aside from when we’ve been underdogs, when was the last time we played well against anyone? There’s enough quality in the squad to be playing much better football compared to the consistent shite served up. 

Good luck elsewhere Barry, time is up. 

Arguably the last 20 in Hacken is the only time we’ve played well this season 

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Dandys1983 said:

Probably get pumped off Motherwell and then embarrassed in the semi, if I was Cormack I'd bin him now. 

Would tend to agree but who the fuck takes interim charge if we bin him now?

The fucking tea lady must be next in line at this stage 

We probably need to keep him until a replacement is in the wings 

• Haha 1